PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil

BradB
04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Has or does anyone use Lucas oil additive in the engines??

I usually add about 1.5qts in place of regular oil in oil changes. I mix with Castrol 20-50 or castrol straight 40

I was told this replaces the additives taken out of most oils now days??

anybody have opinions on this?? Good or bad??

Sydwayz
04-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Always in all of my 4-stroke engines. Love the Lucas products.

searaycer
04-08-2009, 01:33 PM
there tranny stop slip made my caddie that would not move an inch, roll for a month and a half before I took it down to the hood and unloaded it.

Offshoredrillin
04-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Lucas is very good, but I've been doing lots of reading on Zmax, the big difference is the Zmax actually penetrates metals according to them, and the tests seem to show it.

insanity
04-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I like it. Usually add about 10-15% per volume in everything, car, truck, boat...

Audiofn
04-12-2009, 07:41 AM
I just like their display. I sit there and spin the little lever like crazy when I am at the parts store. :D

BradB
04-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I just like their display. I sit there and spin the little lever like crazy when I am at the parts store. :D

Its amazing how much oil will cling to those wheels if you spin them fast enough!!!

HPBoats83
05-04-2009, 11:04 PM
I just run Amsoil in my boat for about 25 hours. HP500EFI

Back4More
05-05-2009, 04:03 AM
I split a quart between the motors and also another between the drives...

07DominatorSS
05-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Its amazing how much oil will cling to those wheels if you spin them fast enough!!!

Lucas is GARBAGE! You don't want the oil to stick to the gears. Lucas causes a condition called "fluid friction". When that oil carries up the gears like that, it also carries all the heat. You do not want the "webbing" between gears. You want to oil to coat and fall off.'

Now additives. Oil manufacturers spend multi millions of dollars on the chemistry of their oils. If an additive was supposed to be in their oil, it would already be in there. When you add other products to these oils, they can actually have an adverse effect on them, and actually cause premature breakdown of the oil.

Finally, Zmax, google that and see if they were ever sued for false statements and actually see if they are still in business, I'm not sure that they are.