PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the Interioir Out Last Night

ar15meister
04-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Got the dual bolster out of the black F1.

Now to choose colours.......

What do you guys think?:sifone:

ar15meister
04-07-2009, 04:55 PM
we were thinking black and red...... lime green like wallins 5 man was also being tossed around but my dad is against it and he keeps calling me french canadian......

MattBMiller
04-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Bright azz green!

Perlmudder
04-07-2009, 06:24 PM
pix adam pix!! either of those color choices will look cool i think! is there any green even left on the boat? might look sorta mis matched if there isnt.

Dude! Sweet!
04-07-2009, 08:14 PM
How about grey. So it's not AS hot as black, but also doesn't look as dirty as a lighter color?

JO - PANTERABOAT
04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I like how it looks all black but my 2nd choice would probably be a light grey or even a combination of white and black like what we did on the Black Pearl 24'.

MattBMiller
04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
That black cockpit is friggin sweet! Wouldn't want to be anywhere near that on a sunny day though. :ack2:

stormrider
04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I VOTE FOR BLACK, BLACK, BLACK...
You are messing w/ history.

ar15meister
04-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I like how it looks all black but my 2nd choice would probably be a light grey or even a combination of white and black like what we did on the Black Pearl 24'.

Jo, I am in your neck of the woods for Barrett Jackson. You going to be around the shop end of next week? I am coming to Miami for the race maybe I can pop in for a visit to 'mecca'?

I love the black too.

Maybe white with black headrests...., or black with red headrests.

I saw a 46 Cigarette when I was a kid on Georgian Bay that was all black with a red interior and it looked savage....

lowblue320
04-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't change a thing on that inetrior... BLACK is the way to go although its hot.

Airpacker
04-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Adam, you know you want to do it in fuscia and chartruese so just go for it. It doesn't matter if everyone else things you a little off :)

dono
04-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Keep it original; true to its heritage...like putting highlights and boobs on the mona lisa.

Dude! Sweet!
04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Keep it original; true to its heritage...like putting highlights and boobs on the mona lisa.

Damn! Then she'd be HOT! :26:

I say keep it black, keep the two man up front and do a back seat like MikeB4's boat.

Buoy
04-13-2009, 10:07 PM
This is a tough one.
The black of the heritage race boat, hard to shed.
Tomas did a really nice job with his, and I like it a lot.
I can see why you'd be torn between the two.
I can't make a decision on this one.

stormrider
04-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I say keep it black, keep the two man up front and do a back seat like MikeB4's boat.

Can you get one to fit?

ar15meister
04-16-2009, 05:12 PM
I am not doing a backseat. I like it the way it is, so much time went into balancing my boat to fly perfectly level I dont want to mess with that. put 600lbs of guys behind me and all of a sudden the boat wont run right.

I am thinking I am going to keep the arms black and do the headrests white with the embroidered Pantera logos. sort of like the black pearl 24 interior. I am going to see if my guy can get that carbon fiber looking black chit that is all the rage now, like on the 'last gladiator'.

Anyone have a good logo on their computer? the guy doing the interior told me to get one.

Buoy
04-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Anyone have a good logo on their computer? the guy doing the interior told me to get one.

Will this one work?

Tomas Wallin
04-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Will this one work?

I have a better one that I made when I was having the new interior made :)

I have them in eps-format as well if you want them.

ar15meister
04-18-2009, 10:14 AM
tomas can you email me?

adam@tfxinternational.com

Buoy
04-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks Tomas
I added those to my collection:sifone:

Mikeb4
04-21-2009, 11:02 AM

I also like the Black Pearl scheme a lot .... I would avoid introducing another color on the boat like a red. Since the boat is already black with white letters and decals it will look coordinated. The green might be too much since the interior is such a dominant part of the deck of the boat.

I had a buddy with a old 33 Cig all dark blue with an all red interior and it was awesome, but those were his two colors, no other trim colors mixing it up.

Or stay black and install power seat cooling like in my MKS :chillpill:.....

stormrider
04-21-2009, 03:24 PM
There has to be some kind of water repllent fabric, that could be used instead of vinyl, which would stay cooler to the touch, regardless of color.

bigboat28
04-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Go green

ar15meister
04-27-2009, 04:40 PM
I will post pics tonight or tomorrow if possible.....

baddogz28
04-29-2009, 08:52 PM
The white will totally clash in my opinion, keep it black or go LIME!!!!

ar15meister
05-01-2009, 10:42 AM
I finally decided on a 'carbon fiber black looking material' lol for the exposed parts so that the boat looks uniform but the parts that touch you while you are in the boat will be silver.

Hard to explain.

I think it is going to look sick.

Buoy
05-01-2009, 10:45 AM
I finally decided on a 'carbon fiber black looking material' lol for the exposed parts so that the boat looks uniform but the parts that touch you while you are in the boat will be silver.

Hard to explain.

I think it is going to look sick.

Sounds real similar to what Tomas Wallin did.
And his turned out SICK!!

Look forward to seeing pics.

ar15meister
05-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Airpacker convinced me that Silver is best because it isnt too hot and wont get dirty and require as much cleaning as white.

The samples the shop gave me look nice so we will see.

I have also taken off my exhaust and im repowdercoating it. I have decided to lose the mufflers for this summer and to get em off I had to heat up the exit pipes with a torch so they need to be redone as well.

then time for the 'leverage' and a weekend with the power buffer to bring back the shine that wore down after a summer of usage.

Since I store the boat inside the exterior stays pretty nice but with a black boat there is always going to be some fade on the deck after prolonged sun exposure.

I also got a custom decal thAT almost looks like airbrush to go onto my blower scoop....lets just say it is 'stripper' themed. lol. My girlfriend hates it.

Dude! Sweet!
05-07-2009, 05:05 PM
So you done "pulling your interior" over the stripper decal? We want to see some photos of the boat and the new sticker! :D

ar15meister
05-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I will take pics when she is all done.....still have a few weekends left to get the thing ready, still a fair amount of work to do. I am not taking any chances on maintenence stuff (impeller, spark plugs, wires, fluids, tightening, gauges, alignment, pulling the drive to graease, polishing with Leverage, trailer stuff, etc, etc, etc.).

I still havent gotten my vette ready either. The new motor is causing all kinds of little things to pop up and we are fixing them but it is a pain in the ass....

This week I am going to try and get the 1966 Vette out and ready, 327/300hp change the oil and run it. I like things like that. Add gas and go.

This time of year is always hectic in my family at the shop. Getting 4 Vettes ready to go was bad enough. Now we have a boat and my dads 'show car' which are 1000 times worse as far as 'pain in the ass' factor.