PDA

View Full Version : ABRA Officially Drops San Diego From 2009 Schedule

H2O Full Throttle
04-03-2009, 01:24 PM
The American Boat Racing Association announced today that it is dropping San Diego from its official schedule for the 2009 season. The unlimited boats have raced for 40 consecutive years on the Mission Bay course.

"Unfortunately, the San Diego race committee has missed two deadlines with us and has not paid any deposit fees for the event," said ABRA Race Chairman Sam Cole. "The ABRA has been very supportive of the event for the past four years and has worked to assist the committee each year to help them achieve financial stability. The ABRA has raised more than $680,000 to help Thunderboats Unlimited in just the past four years."

The ABRA has declared that IF San Diego can get make the necessary payments and arrangements, the sanctioning body would definitely consider reinstating the event.

"We have to make this announcement now since we do not want fans of unlimited hydroplane racing purchasing tickets or motorhome spaces thinking our boats will be there," said Cole."Unfortunately, it appears we will bot be able to work things out with the Board of Director for 2009.'

The ABRA unlimited hydroplane season will open on the Ohio River in Madison, Ind. with the running of the Madison Regatta.

Dude! Sweet!
04-09-2009, 04:07 AM
This sucks. I was telling my son yesterday, literally yesterday, that I'd take him to see the hydros this year... Just like my dad too me to see them run on Onondaga Lake...

sal cimino
05-25-2009, 10:47 AM
i guess no tickee, no laundry