PDA

View Full Version : Armed and Dangerous

itilldo
04-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Well I finally did it. Last night was the final night for my CCDW (Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons) permit class, now just have to wait another few weeks for the final process to come thru to get my card... Not too painful to allow me too carry legally:sifone:. I was wondering how many other members are "Packin" and if so what do you use for your day to day carry firearm.

Mine now is a Beretta 8040 Cauger in .40 S & W but looking again.....

Wardey
04-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Congrats !!! Carry a Kahr CW.45, Kahr PM.40 or a Springfield XD(M).40. I like the XD(M) 17 round capacity but at times it can be large to conceal. Dave

Slick02
04-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Congrats!! Before to long we'll be lucky if you can get a permit, our new leader seems to be verrry anti-gun. I carry a Kimber Ultra 10 II.

MattBMiller
04-01-2009, 10:42 AM
I've been known to carry. lately I've been carrying a Walther PPK/S because of it's size, but I also carry a Clock 27, Sig 239, or an XD45.

itilldo
04-01-2009, 11:20 AM
I also have a PPK/SS in .380 but not sure of the stopping power but I do like the size for a carry. The Kimber Ultra II is a little bigger and comes in a 45 :)

Sea-Dated
04-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I carry a 4" XD .40 in a Comp-Tek Minataur IWB holster. It is a large gun so I have to be careful what shirts I wear when I go out to keep it from printing but the holster is great.

I hope to buy a Springfield 1911 .45 3" soon to carry. Should be easier to conceal since it is shorter and narrower.

Also have a little Walther P22 that is great for just throwing in your pocket to run out real fast. Very easy to conceal that one.......

catmando
04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Never felt the need to own a gun. I enjoy trap shooting though. A friend of mine has five shotguns and we go out to the range at least once a month...

MarylandMark
04-03-2009, 12:51 PM
How about a "How to get a permit for Dummies" for these other folks and I'll read it as well. I thought you had to have a reason (carry lot of cash for business, etc) to be packin?

I'd like to have one but don't know the 1st step in doing

fund razor
04-03-2009, 01:03 PM
How about a "How to get a permit for Dummies" for these other folks and I'll read it as well. I thought you had to have a reason (carry lot of cash for business, etc) to be packin?

I can't verify the accuracy of this, but it addresses Maryland:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2064603_get-permit-carry-concealed-weapon.html

In Ohio, it's a background check, and a combination of classroom instruction (about 10 hours I think) and practical application of shooting techniques (about 2 hours, I think). We do not have to have been recently assaulted. That is nuts. You may need to have someone threaten you, Mark. :)

MarylandMark
04-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm out any way. Step #3:

Ensure that you have three references from reputable citizens. These people should have known you for at least two years but are not related to you.

2 years?? I can't make it past a week or so with them types

Sea-Dated
04-03-2009, 03:53 PM

In Oklahoma it is to go through 7 hours classroom, range time to prove you can hit the target, Background Check, and about $300 when it is all said and done. That is for a 5 year permit.

nifoxke
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I carry my Glock 22 at all times. No CCDW classes needed here in VT.

Never Enuff
04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Barb and I both have CCW's. She carries a PPK and I have a 45 Colt Commander. I'm a lot nicer to her now that she shot a perfect score on the firearms test(250 out of 250). A lot of guys were suprised too!! :)
Jay

Slick02
04-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Down here in the south I just found out how your supposed to deal with your problem children,,,you take them to the local gun range,,,,,and use them for targets, blow them away,,and then kill yourself,,,happened Sunday afternoon at one of the Shoot Straight ranges in Central Fl. Obviously someone shouldn't have been allowed to play with guns.

JupiterSunsation
04-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Think Sunkin said it best, if you carry you need to be ready and be a good shot...... something Plaxico didn't consider.

FL is a few hour class/ couple hundred bucks with no domestic/felony issues in the past. My biggest fear of concealed weapons would be kids getting ahold of them. If you carry often they will see it and become accustomed to it, want to touch it etc. The other issue is leaving it in a car and getting it stolen like the Orlando Police Chief did a couple weeks ago. Nothing to make you feel worse than a gun of yours out on the street doing crimes/killing/etc.

Tony
04-07-2009, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=JupiterSunsation;179829]Think Sunkin said it best, if you carry you need to be ready and be a good shot...... something Plaxico didn't consider.

FL is a few hour class/ couple hundred bucks with no domestic/felony issues in the past. My biggest fear of concealed weapons would be kids getting ahold of them. QUOTE]

Thats why you teach them proper gun safety at an early age. Take away the mystery and they loose the temptation.

Wardey
04-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Thats why you teach them proper gun safety at an early age. Take away the mystery and they loose the temptation.[/QUOTE]

Amen Brother !!! I have been around firearms as long as I can remember. My father was a firearms instructor with the F.B.I. and he taught me young and he taught me well. That I have passed on to my children and other children. I remember laying out different firearms on my bed one day and asking my daughter which one was a toy. She said she couldn't tell and I said that's right. If you don't know, don't touch. I also ejected the magazine out of one of my semi's and asked , "Is it unloaded now?", she said "no" ,"there could still be one in the chamber". I smiled and had a proud glow about me. I have taught both of my children how to handle guns and what to do and not to do. Maybe that's why my son is an "Expert Rifle" and "Expert Pistol" in the U.S.M.C. !!! Dave

Formula 382 sr-1
04-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Our son has been shooting since the age of three and yes I carry ,Glock 19 , Sig 245 or Smith 5906.:USA:

Tommy Gun
04-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I carry a Glock 19 and just ordered a Ruger LCP 380.

JETJOCK
04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I carry HK .40 USP

For "home defense" I have an AR-15

Wardey
04-12-2009, 09:18 PM
AR-15 is not the best choice for home defense. An AR-15 will travel far through your house walls and possibly into your neighbors home or homes. A 12 gauge with "00" buck is a much better choice. Dave

JETJOCK
04-13-2009, 07:48 AM
AR-15 is not the best choice for home defense. An AR-15 will travel far through your house walls and possibly into your neighbors home or homes. A 12 gauge with "00" buck is a much better choice. Dave

It was said in jest....

How-evaaa,

It is when you live on a 5000 Ft Runway and have a lot of room "to get the shot off"

Depends on if you want a CLEAN KILL or just blow up all kinds of stuff at 10 feet.

Slick02
04-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Wardey, the problem with the 12 gauge pump is that it's so damned uncomfortable under your pillow at night...lol

Wardey
04-13-2009, 02:52 PM
LOL True . :biggrinjester: All joking aside, here's the way it's done. I made my own instead of paying $40.00 for them. Dave

http://www.the-backup.com/perception/index.html

Tony
04-13-2009, 07:52 PM
LOL True . :biggrinjester: All joking aside, here's the way it's done. I made my own instead of paying $40.00 for them. Dave

http://www.the-backup.com/perception/index.html

I tried the magnets, they were not quite strong enough to hold a loaded 590 Mariner.

Tyler Crockett
04-19-2009, 12:04 PM
I carry a Glock 19 and a Ruger LCP 380. When I go to Detroit I take my Taurus Judge that will hold 410 shot gun shells or a 45 Colt shell. :sifone:

Wardey
04-20-2009, 08:01 AM
I carry a Glock 19 and a Ruger LCP 380. When I go to Detroit I take my Taurus Judge that will hold 410 shot gun shells or a 45 Colt shell. :sifone:

Instead of extra magazines in his magazine pouches, he carries "energy bars" !!! LOL You will never live it down buddy !!! Dave:biggrinjester:

Trim'd Up
05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Since I live in a communist state (where our communist president is from), I can't concealed carry, but I usually have one in the truck, and many in the house. I just bought a Ruger KP345 and got to say it is one of my favorites. IT has yet to have a failure and it shoots excellent. The price can't be beat either. I just went today to pickup a ruger LCR. It is a cool little gun, but I haven't shot it yet. Very light and very concealable. I must be on a Ruger kick. ;)

Trim'd Up
05-07-2009, 06:05 PM
On another similar note. It sure is getting hard to find ammo around here, and the gun shops are packed!

MattBMiller
05-07-2009, 06:28 PM
On another similar note. It sure is getting hard to find ammo around here, and the gun shops are packed!

Try to find .380 ammo....:ack2:

MattBMiller
05-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Since I live in a communist state (where our communist president is from), I can't concealed carry, but I usually have one in the truck, and many in the house. I just bought a Ruger KP345 and got to say it is one of my favorites. IT has yet to have a failure and it shoots excellent. The price can't be beat either. I just went today to pickup a ruger LCR. It is a cool little gun, but I haven't shot it yet. Very light and very concealable. I must be on a Ruger kick. ;)

I want to get an LCR. Let me know how you like it.

Slick02
05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Try to find .380 ammo....:ack2:

Damn near impossible around here, I've been trying to find a couple of hundred rounds for the last 3 months.:(

Quinlan
05-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Everybody worrys about getting guns. Seems they got it figured out, shut off the ammo supply. Then you have a nice hammer to use on sombody.
Glad I bought another 1k rounds for the AK last year.

Wardey
05-11-2009, 10:01 AM
It's hard to make a gun but easy to make ammo !!! Dave

Trim'd Up
05-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I want to get an LCR. Let me know how you like it.
Matt, I finally got to shoot the LCR. It is a damn good shooter for the size. And it the recoil is minimal. I guess the grips and polymer frame help a little. It is definately easily concealable and simple. Perfect carry gun really.

MattBMiller
05-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Matt, I finally got to shoot the LCR. It is a damn good shooter for the size. And it the recoil is minimal. I guess the grips and polymer frame help a little. It is definately easily concealable and simple. Perfect carry gun really.

That's good to hear. My buddy got one, gonna shoot it this weekend.

Tank
05-13-2009, 10:59 PM
I've been able to carry concealed for 15 years now. With that said, I usually dont. There's always those that say, "better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have it."

I agree. But in all reality you're more likely to just get into trouble pulling a gun out at the wrong time (which I've seen all too many times). And even more of a problem, you'll never get to your gun if someone has the jump on you (suprise car jacking, robbery, etc. which I've also, unfortunately have seen first hand). It's smarter to give the person what they want, be a good witness and live to tell the story than to try and play rambo, go for a gun and get the air let out of you and possibly those you're with.

Lot's of "what if's" but in 15 years of carrying I've never had a problem until the one time I did pull it out to fend off two drunk azzholes that blocked me in a light during a (their) road rage, who immediately doubted the realism of the gun and then yelled at me to shoot them. F*ckin' retards. That's all I need is to shoot some deuche bag and loose my house in the lawsuit that would follow.

Just my .02

Quinlan
05-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Thats why I dont carry. To many Deuche bags in this world. Of course some do need thinned out but to much paperwork.

Wardey
05-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Rule #1 Never pull your weapon unless you intend on using it. Dave

Sea-Dated
05-14-2009, 02:17 PM

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Tank
05-14-2009, 02:35 PM

There inlies the whole point I'm trying to make. If you need it and wait to pull it out, you're dead. If you pull it out expecting to need but dont, you're just going to get yourself in trouble.

When two guys rush your car and you don't know their intensions or if they're armed and your wife is sitting in the passenger seat, trust me, Had every intention on defendnig me and mine.

But that's the problem, situations change fast and in this situation it just turned out they were drunk azzholes wanting to fight.

No problem using it. Problem would've been the justification of using it later after assesing the situation.

insanity
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
There inlies the whole point I'm trying to make. If you need it and wait to pull it out, you're dead. If you pull it out expecting to need but dont, you're just going to get yourself in trouble.

When two guys rush your car and you don't know their intensions or if they're armed and your wife is sitting in the passenger seat, trust me, Had every intention on defendnig me and mine.

But that's the problem, situations change fast and in this situation it just turned out they were drunk azzholes wanting to fight.

No problem using it. Problem would've been the justification of using it later after assesing the situation.

With a name like 'Tank' I wouldn't think you'd need a piece??:sifone:

Tank
05-15-2009, 01:56 AM
With a name like 'Tank' I wouldn't think you'd need a piece??:sifone:

I didn't, it all worked out. :D

HTMike
05-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Mossberg 500 tactical ( 18.5'' barrel ) loaded with Winchester " 00 " for the house

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/DogwoodDr/Weapons/DSC03549.jpg

Ruger SR9 9mm ( 17 + 1 ) loaded with Federal Hydrashoks.. My Carry Pistol

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/DogwoodDr/Weapons/DSC03541.jpg
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/DogwoodDr/Weapons/DSC03540.jpg

And my Browning 20GA for Varmit and Plinking

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/DogwoodDr/Weapons/DSC03550.jpg

And finally... My Colt AR 15 :D :D :D

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/DogwoodDr/Weapons/DSC03528.jpg
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/DogwoodDr/Weapons/DSC03531.jpg

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/DogwoodDr/Weapons/DSC03552.jpg

HTMike
05-20-2009, 02:40 PM
To get my Indiana CCW Permit. Costed me $149.00 and I had to wait 6 weeks. No classes.. no B.S. Just a background check and cash :D

macjazzy
07-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Virgina is a "Right To Carry" State. Meaning they have to have a reason to not allow you to have your gun, not the other way around. They also just changed the law so now you can take your required gun safety course on-line.

Love that state, Wish my current state of residence was a little (a lot) less communist!

Also, in Va. you can carry un-concealed anywhere you want with no permit. A group of people tested that law a few years back in Liberal Fairfax county. Over the course of a few days they went into Starbucks, banks, Stores, etc with a gun plainly and in open view on their hip. In several instances "concerned citizens" called the cops. At least 2 of them were arrested and had their guns taken away. The police chief had to issue a public apology for false arrest.

MarylandMark
07-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Wish my current state of residence was a little (a lot) less communist!

Amen

Sydwayz
07-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I just took my course for CCP in VA here: http://concealed-carry.net/

I'm waiting on the Permit to come through.

Padraig
07-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Colt Officers Model, 45acp

Sydwayz
08-18-2009, 08:55 PM
My new carry from the gun show this weekend: Kel Tec PF-9