PDA

View Full Version : Just booked a few days in St. Pete...

Buoy
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Gonna be there for some R&R the weekend before T-Giving.
Anyone going to be around??
It's a 5-yr anniversary for the wife and I. We got married there on the beach in front of a little bar on Treasure Island.
I know a few of you guys are fairly local, would love to meet up and tip a beer.
CigDaze - are you going to be around??

PARADOX
10-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats to you both.

Just get ahold of me, when you'r ready.. I'm just 45 minutes form TI.

Peter

Wardey
10-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Always game for beer tipping !!! Let me know. Dave

Buoy
10-25-2008, 12:09 PM
WOW - less than 5 minutes between my post and two replies.
Maybe we need to plan a little get together.
Anyone familiar with Caddy's??

I was actually born in TI, and I still curse my parents for ever moving away.:ack2:
Now it's one of my favorite vacation spots. Very laid back feel. And a good place to get some well needed rest.
Always stay at this cheap little motel on Gulf Blvd.
I only found the place because the owner of the motel was hammered at the bar, and I got him home before the cops showed up - so he comped me a room for a few nights while we were there.
It's an old place, but it's kind of cool. Clean, and right across from the Gulf, and a canal on the other side.
Last time I was down there, I got the chance to meet the infamous Ratman - we took a helluva ride in his Mistress through the gulf in 5-7's. Never forget it.
It'd be good to meet a few of you if we have the chance.
Tim

jj pantera
10-25-2008, 12:27 PM
:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

JJ

jj pantera
10-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Looks like they are doing jumping jacks.

But meant Hurray!!!!

fund razor
10-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Looks like they are doing jumping jacks.

But meant Hurray!!!!

Multiply it by a million and it becomes the recent olympic opening ceremonies.

On topic, congrats. Worth whatever effort or timing to meet Nick, for sure.
Would like to meet Paradox myself. Maybe Miami.

jj pantera
10-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Multiply it by a million and it becomes the recent olympic opening ceremonies.

On topic, congrats. Worth whatever effort or timing to meet Nick, for sure.
Would like to meet Paradox myself. Maybe Miami.

Tim told me you were a good guy and witty,

he's right

JJ

ChiefApache
10-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Gonna be there for some R&R the weekend before T-Giving.
Anyone going to be around??
It's a 5-yr anniversary for the wife and I. We got married there on the beach in front of a little bar on Treasure Island.
I know a few of you guys are fairly local, would love to meet up and tip a beer.
CigDaze - are you going to be around??

Rob and I were married in Treasure Island 5 years ago in April on the beach near the Holiday Inn Tiki Bar. We went back for our anniversary also. I just love that area. Caddy's is a place we always stop in and spend the day at.

We got to meet Paradox while we were there. Great evening spent downtown having dinner.

Congrats and enjoy!

Buoy
10-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Rob and I were married in Treasure Island 5 years ago in April on the beach near the Holiday Inn Tiki Bar. We went back for our anniversary also. I just love that area. Caddy's is a place we always stop in and spend the day at.

We got to meet Paradox while we were there. Great evening spent downtown having dinner.

Congrats and enjoy!

No kidding?
Our wedding was VERY informal, no guests, just the JP and his wife for a witness. We handed three of the barmaids disposable camera's and they stood in as photog's
It's a very cool laid back area.

Thanks on the Congrats.

cosmic12
10-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Congrats man and have agood time. Its got to be a great time of the year to be down there:cheers2:

ChiefApache
10-26-2008, 10:06 AM
No kidding?
Our wedding was VERY informal, no guests, just the JP and his wife for a witness. We handed three of the barmaids disposable camera's and they stood in as photog's
It's a very cool laid back area.

Thanks on the Congrats.

It was just Rob and I at ours, plus a couple from Scotland who happened to be in the bar before we were married.

We found a woman minister on-line (weddingsonawhim.com---seriously) who gave got us a photographers and we were good to go. Not one single person knew we were getting married. They thought we were going on vacation. We had only been together 6 months when we got married.

Buoy
10-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Congrats man and have agood time. Its got to be a great time of the year to be down there:cheers2:

Thanks! We need to get away for a few days. This summer has been absolutely brutal work-wise. We also took the rest of the week off to roll into the T-day weekend. 6 days in Florida, 6 days at home. Should be nice to get out of the grind for a little while.

It was just Rob and I at ours, plus a couple from Scotland who happened to be in the bar before we were married.

We found a woman minister on-line (weddingsonawhim.com---seriously) who gave got us a photographers and we were good to go. Not one single person knew we were getting married. They thought we were going on vacation. We had only been together 6 months when we got married.

Yep, makes it simple that way.
We also found the JP online.
We were in Orlando for Biz that weekend, and had to get the marriage license there before we headed to TI (had to have the license 48hrs ahead of time).
We went and laid on the beach for a few hours in the morning, then found a florist, went back to the hotel to get dressed, picked up the flowers, and out to the beach for the "ceremony".
Right back to the bar when it was over, and then later back to the hotel and ordered a pizza.
Very simple.

PARADOX
10-26-2008, 12:12 PM

We found a woman minister on-line (weddingsonawhim.com---seriously) who gave got us a photographers and we were good to go. Not one single person knew we were getting married. They thought we were going on vacation. We had only been together 6 months when we got married. :boxing_smiley:

And you guys look GREAT together...

Bobcat
10-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Is that the weekend of the 16th, I might be going to the tampa/minnesota game that weekend.

Buoy
10-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Is that the weekend of the 16th, I might be going to the tampa/minnesota game that weekend.

No, gonna be the following weekend. Getting in on the 19th.
Why don't you just stick around for a few days.

cigdaze
10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Congratulations!!!
Cool you guys are returning for a visit! I'll be around. Let's plan a get-together. I know Caddy's well, and of course plenty of other places.

Bobcat
10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
No, gonna be the following weekend. Getting in on the 19th.
Why don't you just stick around for a few days.

I might not make the 16th, airfare is nuts for such a short trip.

Buoy
10-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Congratulations!!!
Cool you guys are returning for a visit! I'll be around. Let's plan a get-together. I know Caddy's well, and of course plenty of other places.

Absolutely.
We'll touch base in a few weeks and set something up.

I might not make the 16th, airfare is nuts for such a short trip.
I couldn't believe how cheap the airfare is to get us down there. CVG is in my backyard 4 miles away, and flying into Tampa is roughly $170 round trip per person after taxes and all that other add-on crap.