PDA

View Full Version : Coast Guard Compliant?

Steve Miklos
10-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Guys are your boats CG approved?

We have some great resources on here who are or have been USCG. CG rules and requirements are not bad things. Items like anti syphon valves CG fuel approved pumps, tanks even wire can make the difference between life and death. These are not luxury items or safety bonuses they are the law.

Another consideration is that every insurance policy I have ever read requires your vessel meet all USCG specifications. Guy's like Brad Shoenwald Tres etc are a wealth of information. Reviewing your boats rigging could save your life or prevent an insurance claim from being declined.

Just because a boat is "as shipped"does not mean it complies. I have witnessed boats gaining serious magazine praise with no mention of the failure to to meet USCG specifications.

Do yourself and your riding crew a favor review your boats fuel systems wiring etc. and fix anything that is not up to USCG specifications.

Thansk
Steve

THEJOKER
10-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Welcome oh great one! Thanks for the info.

fund razor
10-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Great thread.

I just took delivery of a new to me perf boat.

I decided to go through the list like I had boarded me. Found all kinds of marine requirements defeated or removed. It was an eye opener.

It will be tight and right before it ever hits the water again:
But here is where I gigged myself:

failed-100% ignition protected components.
failed-USCG wire and hoses, and flame arrestor.
failed-crackcase vent to flame arrestor.
failed-Fuel pump recovery line to carb.
failed-all lights in place and working.
failed-proper bilge blower hose routing.
failed-adequate fire supression and hand held extinguishers (accessible... not stowed.)
failed-hailing horn

Then there are the flares, distress flag, throwable line and ring with 50' of line.

Formula 382 sr-1
11-04-2008, 08:09 PM
We get the boat inspected every year by the USCG . :sifone:

RumRunner
11-11-2008, 02:00 PM
There are tons of boats out there that won't pass tech, and the owners don't know this. Some people say no big deal. The problem comes in if you're in some sort of accident where you need to use your insurance. All policies state that you have to meet USCG requirements, well if you don't they can null and void your insurance which could leave you personally having to pay millions in the case of a death...

BRAD SCHOENWALD
11-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the plug. We are ramping up for next years Bimini Run so get ready.

In regards to compliance, Rum Runner is right on. This goes beyond the carriage requirements and falls to 33 CFR.

Manufactuers Product liability insurance have warranties calling for compliance. No oversight exists other than the integrity of the boat builder and their personal core values. The Coast Guard does conduct random visits but many things are missed or overlooked.

Of greater concern to me is when a boat owner builds or rebuilds a boat. As soon as this boat is sold to another owner the "Back Yard Boat Builder" becomes responsible and accountable to build the boat in compliance of the rules and could face significant consequences if the boat suffers a catastrophic failure. This primarily applies to fuel systems as the rules are very old and not restrictive in anyway.

BeSafe

baywatch
11-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Can someone put up a link to the area on the USCG site that lists everything.

Thanks

Twin27Advantage
11-13-2008, 10:22 PM
This links you to the pdf's:

http://www.uscgboating.org/regulations/regulations.htm

Allot of people run stainless braided line or run return lines, which are not allowed. A guy (near me) with a cruiser many years ago ran electric pumps with regulators that return to the tank. A cell phone charger shorted and set the boat on fire. It also burned a few surrounding boats. His insurance did not cover anything because he used non uscg fuel line and the pumps were not mounted within 12" of the block.

It helps to read through the rules. Several boat manufactures are non compliant.

Smitty1035
11-14-2008, 09:45 AM
We get the boat inspected every year by the USCG . :sifone:

Same here...the CBPBA usually requests members of the Coast Guard Aux to attend our first couple of events to get these inspections done.

RumRunner
11-14-2008, 10:16 AM
A few other thoughts:

First just because your boat passes a USCG Aux inspection doesn't make it legal!!!
Now with that being said I don't know how most people would actually know or find out if their boat is legal. This is something we as a group should come up with an idea on how to fix.

Lastly keep in mind that no matter who built your boat it may not be legal (and they may not know) just because the builder purchased an engine and drive package from someone doesn't mean it's legal. Heck I know there is stuff that comes out of Fond-Du-lac that is not 100% within the law...

scottc
11-14-2008, 10:16 AM
I have passed with every boat each year. Once you do it, it's easy to keep it up. They will even come to your boat at your house or dock. Sure beats getting stopped on the water and getting checked.

RumRunner
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Sure beats getting stopped on the water and getting checked.

No doubt... I had a summer as a kid where the USCG would stop me every couple of weeks (38 Cigarette SE) and board me with M16's looking for drugs. I guess being a wiseass kid didn't help...:sifone:

Steve Miklos
11-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Great link.
If you read the fuel section you can see where many boats do not meet the specifications.
Steve

Twin27Advantage
11-14-2008, 01:18 PM
With the power some boats come with I don't think the hull can handle it according to this:

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2004/julqtr/33cfr183.53.htm

I doubt builders can show they passed. I would like to see this turn test done at 100mph. Not many would pass...race boats are excluded.

Another is tank materials and installation.

BRAD SCHOENWALD
11-15-2008, 10:21 AM
With the power some boats come with I don't think the hull can handle it according to this:

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2004/julqtr/33cfr183.53.htm

I doubt builders can show they passed. I would like to see this turn test done at 100mph. Not many would pass...race boats are excluded.

This is true however the first step is to review applicability. Safe Powering and safe loading is a manufactuer requirment and only applicable to mono-hulls less than 20 feet in length.

183.51 Applicability.
This subpart applies to monohull boats less than 20 feet in length, except sailboats, canoes, kayaks, and inflatable boats, that are designed or intended to use one or more outboard motors for propulsion.

The fuel sysem requirements are applicable to inboard powered boats, for example a 28 foot outboard would not have to comply. Remember these rules are old, when they were written outboard powered boats used six gallon metal cans for fuel.

RumRunner
11-18-2008, 12:46 PM

Yup we're seeing this with some boats right now that don't actually have fuel cells or bladders. The tanks are just a glassed in portion of the hull...

Sea-Dated
11-19-2008, 03:01 PM
We don't have the Coast Gaurd on our lake but the Coast Gaurd Auxillary does free inspections every year and I make sure mine is inspected and passes. I failed last year but only because I did not have a copy of my registration in the boat.

NOMOGOFAST
01-24-2009, 11:55 AM
My dad is a member of the auxilary in Tarpon Springs Florida and they do over 1000 inspections a year just out of that location. It also helps to have the current coast guard sticker posted when the law cruises bye.

CAPO71
01-24-2009, 06:10 PM
If you contact you local USCG station they will give you the conact info for the local AUX. They should be more then willing to perform safety checks at any local dock or marina if you request and schedule it. It doesn't hurt to have the safety inspection sticker on the vessel.

MANITIE
01-29-2009, 12:08 PM
It is very easy to have a Vessel Saftey Check done.....also to take a boating safety course online...we have been working with insurance companys to give a discount to anyone who takes the course and recieves there certificate.....when we built the Dragon Super Vee, on the fuel cell we had to have the C.G. approve the tank and meet there guide lines...but the vessel saftey check is not indept...there has been some talk to having a more indept inspection...but it will suprise you on how many people do not take advantage of the free inspection the way it is....there main concern and awareness they are trying to get out is wearing life jackets....over 70% of last years deaths could have been prevented if only they had on a life jacket on...yes there have been accidents with equipment failures....mostly with carbondioxide and fuel ventilation failures resulting in explosions but on a much lower %....the biggest problem in boating safety today is the most simplest fix and dose not cost anything, over 95% of boating fatalities boats were properly equipped....but just not used...like the life jacket....Its a great idea to go over your boats electronics like mention above...and yes you will find a high % of them will not meet safety standards....it reminds me of cars on the road in some states you need a yearly inspection for safety reasons....and yet I have been taking in trades from other states that do not need yearly inpections and they were death traps on our roads today....I brought this up in a Safety Summit meeting a few years back...about having a yearly inspection sticker done on boats like cars do in some states....but if the states don't regulate it on cars in there states..they certainly won't do it on boats.....Steve this is a good topic you bring up...

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-29-2009, 12:29 PM
A few other thoughts:

First just because your boat passes a USCG Aux inspection doesn't make it legal!!!
Now with that being said I don't know how most people would actually know or find out if their boat is legal. This is something we as a group should come up with an idea on how to fix.

The test is when the lawyers get involved. I simple 25 cent light bulb failing to light from corrosion can make a difference in court.

I would guess more boats fail than not. Many of the boats serviced and modified by owners not knowing, understanding, or caring about the rules will fail on numerous points. Others may know, but won't pay to correct.

The scariest part of all to me is the over powered boats. Some of which have no business going as fast as they do.

RumRunner
01-29-2009, 12:55 PM
The test is when the lawyers get involved. I simple 25 cent light bulb failing to light from corrosion can make a difference in court.

I would guess more boats fail than not. Many of the boats serviced and modified by owners not knowing, understanding, or caring about the rules will fail on numerous points. Others may know, but won't pay to correct.

The scariest part of all to me is the over powered boats. Some of which have no business going as fast as they do.

Agreed it can get out of control when layers and insurance get involved, but it is the world we live in.

It’s one thing for a guy to put a non approved part on his boat himself (knowingly) because he’s trying to go faster, or save money and is willing to “Risk” it.

I can understand where you’re saying that over powered boats are the most dangerous, but I personally think it’s a couple other things that are more dangerous.

First and foremost are the builders who build unsafe combinations. There are many boats out there right now from big name builders that are flat out unsafe… both from a legal standpoint of how they were put together but more importantly from how they handle. I know one boat that I was in a few years ago had such bad handling characteristics that it was scary for most people to drive. It had such bad chine walk getting to top speed and was downright freaking nasty slowing down.

Second is the loose nut holding on the wheel! I can remember having to take safety courses as a kid, to be allowed to boat alone, but the majority of states don’t have and boaters don’t want any type of mandatory instruction or licensing. I am all for it! It doesn’t matter how fast, overpowered; unsafe any boat is because the bottom line is it comes down to the idiot holding on the wheel and throttle. Just because you can afford a boat that can run whatever speed doesn’t mean you’re qualified to do it.
I’ve seen just as much damage done at slow speeds as I have at speed. Watch the people pulling into the marina with the people hanging their feet off the boat to “Stop it” I’ve seen more than my fair share of people hurt by that one…

OK, I'll get off my Soap Box :sifone:

MANITIE
01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I get a daily e-mail from the C.G. for every reported boating accident in the country....everyday there are a min. 1 or 2 accidents..sometimes as many as 10+.....you would be suprised of the carelessness that is used by some boaters....the way that some operate there vessels...its just a accident just waiting to happen....common sence is the first thing that needs to be stress to boaters....it dose not cost anything...its just making the right decision.....

Gordo
02-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Great thread. Glad it came up. If you haven't taken the USCGA Basic Boating and Seamanship class, I would highly recomend it, regardless of how many years or boats youve gone through.
I grew up around boats, knew my way around boats, and worked on boats, but just after I bought my first boat I took a "boating safety&seamanship" course for nothing more than to save on boat insurance. I was impressed at how much I learned in that class and ended up joining the Flotilla, (30-4). I eventually became an instructor of the BS&S classes and still teach those same classes for Kansas Wildlife&Parks. For those who have not taken the class, check it out. It's well worth it.

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Great thread. Glad it came up. If you haven't taken the USCGA Basic Boating and Seamanship class, I would highly recomend it, regardless of how many years or boats youve gone through.
I grew up around boats, knew my way around boats, and worked on boats, but just after I bought my first boat I took a "boating safety&seamanship" course for nothing more than to save on boat insurance. I was impressed at how much I learned in that class and ended up joining the Flotilla, (30-4). I eventually became an instructor of the BS&S classes and still teach those same classes for Kansas Wildlife&Parks. For those who have not taken the class, check it out. It's well worth it.

Good call.

When I was 15 all I wanted to do was drive the boat. My parents had me read the Chapmans Piloting Book. It was huge as a kid. It only took a couple of weeks. Then I was allowed to run the Cabin cruise we had. The next summer I would be the you to bring it in and picking it up from the marina for service.

Great Book I should get a current edition. That was over 30 years ago now

DKerns
02-04-2009, 01:58 PM
My parents made us take the Boating class when we were younger!! Lot of valuable info that will stay with you!! Very good idea for anyone who hasn't!!

midwest272
02-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Can anyone show in print where the fuel system is not allowed a return fuel line? I have read thru the regs. but didn't see it. This is not about defeating any safety by running a pump "hot" but using the original pump wire from the harness.

02-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Boy, a few of those are tough to comply with. "return line into the carb, not tank" "No Stainless braided lines", "Pump within 12" of the block".:leaving:

There really is no such thing as a USCG dominator Carb either. You can put J-tubes in but the throttle shafts will still leak. So much of this can be a non issue with religous inspection and maintanence. Perfectly operating/maintained carbs rarely spew fuel on a whim. Crud, I go through an inspection every single time I fire the engines, Don't most of you?

I have read several times the reason the Stainless braided lines are not compliant is because no manufacterer is willing to pay for the compliance testing. And though I agree with safe boating, I will argue my perfectly maintained SS braided lines and fittings are safer than the spongy, overly thick walled junk you can buy at the marine supply store and attach with hose clamps only.

Don't flame me just yet....I ALWAYS boat with PFD's and Lanyards ON. I never drink and operate, I took Tres' course and attempt to follow everything my gray matter has retained in from those 2 packed days. But some of the regulations need some updating or optional methodology.

:lurk5:

OK, now you can flame me.:sifone:

WOTW2E
02-26-2009, 05:45 PM
I have read several times the reason the Stainless braided lines are not compliant is because no manufacterer is willing to pay for the compliance testing. And though I agree with safe boating, I will argue my perfectly maintained SS braided lines and fittings are safer than the spongy, overly thick walled junk you can buy at the marine supply store and attach with hose clamps only.:

I would bet that cost does not have anything to do with this one. If a manufacturer could get certified and corner the market, they would in a heartbeat. I think it has more to do with the fact that the CG will (this is my opinion only!) never certify a fuel line that can conduct electricity. Too much chance of a short and a spark. Aeroquip makes a USCG approved fiber braided hose that is available in black and blue I believe. It does not look nearly as nice as ss braided hose but it does look much better than that rubber hose you speak of. I think it is rated to 250psi.

I agree with you that in the perfect world the ss braided hose is stronger and just as safe.

There are permiability resrictions as well, but that is another subject.

Oh yea, and great thread.

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Aeroquip makes a USCG approved fiber braided hose that is available in black and blue I believe. It does not look nearly as nice as ss braided hose but it does look much better than that rubber hose you speak of. I think it is rated to 250psi.

I agree with you that in the perfect world the ss braided hose is stronger and just as safe.

There are permiability resrictions as well, but that is another subject.

Oh yea, and great thread.

SS looks nice, but it really isn't anything special under the coating. I don't know for sure but part of the uscg certification has to do with burn resistance. If a fire breaks out you can not have fuel hose that burns or ignites easily.

WOTW2E
02-26-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't know for sure but part of the uscg certification has to do with burn resistance. If a fire breaks out you can not have fuel hose that burns or ignites easily.

Very true. Believe it or not, there are requirements associated with something as mundane as split wire loom for that very same reason - resistance to ignition.

02-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Aeroquip makes a USCG approved fiber braided hose that is available in black and blue

I will look into that because for me it is mostly about the fittings.

So are SS lines verboten for oil and water due to electrical conductivity?

WOTW2E
03-01-2009, 09:37 PM
So are SS lines verboten for oil and water due to electrical conductivity?

This is just my opinion here. We know the braided hoses are stronger, we know they seal better, they are more robust, they look better and they are much more expensive than plain old rubber hose. The manufacturers would love for us to use their better, more expensive product in our bilges. With the CG however, everything is about ignition protection in the bilge where vapors can accumulate. It is my opinion that the CG will never certify a braided hose that is conductive due to the notion of the increased possibility of a circuit shorting out to ground and causing a spark. Just my opinion. Maybe someday I'll be proved wrong, but I doubt it.

03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Anyone here run into trouble with getting CG compliance with SS hoses on non fuel lines?

Uncle Dave
03-13-2009, 06:35 AM

When I recommended to my GF she take the class I decided to take it with her for insurance purposes. I had a ball and like you have decades of boating experience, and still came away learning some things.

Couple of take aways-

From what I can see the most common violation is a non compliant air "filter"/intake - no wire mesh - no compliance. The amount of stickers needed for compliance is just shy of of a Winston cup car.

A few of the "rules" are just stupid- like the fact that a chart of local waters is mandatory, but a radio is not ?!??!?

It was 4 weeknights to get the certificate (In Southern Cal) and was worth it just to learn the knots.

Had one of the 4 football players taken the class maybe three wouldn't have perished in the recent sad event.

Uncle Dave

cigdaze
03-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Check the date on your flares...I just opened my flare box this weekend and noticed they expired in 2007. Oops. :o

I ran out to west marine and bought a whole new set of everything to be ready for the new season.

And while your at it check the gauge on your fire extinguishers, too.

03-28-2009, 12:47 AM
From what I can see the most common violation is a non compliant air "filter"/intake - no wire mesh - no compliance. The amount of stickers needed for compliance is just shy of of a Winston cup car.

I have been told the Wire mesh on K&N filters is approved as a flame arrestor.

PARADOX
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
I think it would be great if some of the more knowlegable members put a document together of some safety issues. Like a summery of the Safety course.. safety Equipment, compliance summery.. etc. etc..
Then it can be posted and even printed should one wanted to.

IE.. I was playing with my bilge pump line and changed the outlet to a custom color matched fitting. I was told that the line needed to have a "loop", like and "S". I didn't know that... nor that I had to have TWO bilge pumps. (I do,, and now I even have a third as a back up)

04-18-2009, 12:31 AM

TTT... to catch the "new posts" checkers :sifone:

niceguy
04-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Here is some line I am contemplating using on the new fuel system... http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/761335/10002/-1

This will not conduct electricity (made from nylon filament) and is burst proof to atleast 250 psi. I have some in my garage from my race car and it is nice stuff. This should be acceptable, but I am not sure about the burn factor.... but I am no expert. LOL

I am gonna go outside and cut a peice and try to burn it and I will report back. I don't think it will burn real easily though... I'll be back with news.

niceguy
04-30-2009, 04:57 PM

I too am curious about this as well.... can anyone verify this is CG approved?

RumRunner
04-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Here is some line I am contemplating using on the new fuel system... http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/761335/10002/-1

This will not conduct electricity (made from nylon filament) and is burst proof to atleast 250 psi. I have some in my garage from my race car and it is nice stuff. This should be acceptable, but I am not sure about the burn factor.... but I am no expert. LOL

I am gonna go outside and cut a peice and try to burn it and I will report back. I don't think it will burn real easily though... I'll be back with news.

100% not legal!

niceguy
04-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Ok, nipped that right away. What about the pushlock fittings and just using a regular SS hose clamp on type A1 fuel line? I have read the regs and this would seem to comply.

Westcoast
04-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Ok, nipped that right away. What about the pushlock fittings and just using a regular SS hose clamp on type A1 fuel line? I have read the regs and this would seem to comply.

as long as you double clamp it it is legal.

RumRunner
04-30-2009, 09:14 PM
as long as you double clamp it it is legal.

Technically the fuel lines have to be stamped USCG to be legal.

niceguy
04-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah I found USCG line for my new project. Looks like I will stay compliant. Thanks for a great thread.

Westcoast
05-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Technically the fuel lines have to be stamped USCG to be legal.

I just assumed you knew A1 was 100% coast guard approved

niceguy
05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
And for the record...... I emailed K & N and yes, their flame arrestors are SAE and USCG certified.

05-01-2009, 05:24 PM
And for the record...... I emailed K & N and yes, their flame arrestors are SAE and USCG certified.

Thanks for checking!

Uncle Dave
05-02-2009, 09:17 AM

Confirmed x2-
My rig was certified approved by the southern california coast guard.

My Ilmor 710 comes with a wire mesh K&N.

Uncle Dave

Craig@GCOffshore
05-03-2009, 09:22 PM
For the past few years our local boat club holds a boat rally where we have the USCG Aux come out and inspect the boats. This helps our members and non members that attend to be sure their boat is up to specifications. Doesn't hurt meeting some of the USCG Aux personnel on land and getting some tips on safer boating.
Craig
www.gcoffshore.com

05-03-2009, 10:05 PM
For the past few years our local boat club holds a boat rally where we have the USCG Aux come out and inspect the boats. This helps our members and non members that attend to be sure their boat is up to specifications. Doesn't hurt meeting some of the USCG Aux personnel on land and getting some tips on safer boating.
Craig
www.gcoffshore.com

What kind of yellow flags went up on the modified boats?

Big Time
05-26-2009, 08:47 AM
I just passed the safety inspection this past weekend. Good to know that if I do get checked out on the water I have everything that I need to pass.

coastie9
01-06-2010, 07:04 PM
coast guard is out there for your safety

Coastie
01-08-2010, 09:26 PM
And being "In Compliance" is pretty easy, not real expensive and just may save your life or more importantly the lives of your passengers!

And it would not hurt to take a safe boating course also.

ChiefApache
01-12-2010, 10:04 AM
And being "In Compliance" is pretty easy, not real expensive and just may save your life or more importantly the lives of your passengers!

And it would not hurt to take a safe boating course also.

I think every single person should be required to take a safety boating course if you 1) own the boat and 2) are the spouse/SO of the boat.

My husband, who boated before we met, had me take a safety boating course the spring before we started boating. I made my kids take it also and they were 21 and 18 when they took it.

It's worth more than what people realize.

kzcollectr
01-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Well for what its worth im doing a complete repower on my formula and although the temptation may be there to cut a few corners on some items such as fuel lines or ignition parts. I have to be honest with myself and say could i live with the thought of a fire or explosion on the boat and risk the lives of my family and friends over saving a few bucks. I am just now purchasing all the fuel system parts and they are not cheap. If I cant afford it right now I just wait until the funds are there. I lost a completely restored truck to one of those braided fuel lines it chaffed and sprayed fuel all over the coil. the fire spread so fast it was lost in minutes. I cant imagine being in a boat with no where to go but in the water. all my fuel lines on the pressure side of the pump are now solid steel line with double flare fittings. I buy the coast guard approved hose and the related parts. Your passengers lives depend on you. off soap box now thanks Paul.

Steve Miklos
01-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Well for what its worth im doing a complete repower on my formula and although the temptation may be there to cut a few corners on some items such as fuel lines or ignition parts. I have to be honest with myself and say could i live with the thought of a fire or explosion on the boat and risk the lives of my family and friends over saving a few bucks. I am just now purchasing all the fuel system parts and they are not cheap. If I cant afford it right now I just wait until the funds are there. I lost a completely restored truck to one of those braided fuel lines it chaffed and sprayed fuel all over the coil. the fire spread so fast it was lost in minutes. I cant imagine being in a boat with no where to go but in the water. all my fuel lines on the pressure side of the pump are now solid steel line with double flare fittings. I buy the coast guard approved hose and the related parts. Your passengers lives depend on you. off soap box now thanks Paul.

Well done!
Steve

baja27
01-26-2010, 02:51 PM
It seems that all USCG fuel lines are ntp not #'s like 8 or 10. So you will not be able to use Aluminum fittings such as aeromotive, russel etc.

RumRunner
01-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Unless they've changed recently NO Aluminum fittings were USCG legal.

Powerabout
01-29-2010, 06:32 AM
stainless braid and aluminium fittings.....
on a quiet night you can hear it fizzing away

Formula 382 sr-1
02-25-2010, 09:09 PM
The fuel lines on our Hp500's came from Mercury Racing with stainless tubing from the pump to the carb, and I'm sure that stainless steel will conduct electricity.

Love Machine
02-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Here's a useful USCG site dedicated to boating safety. A one stop shop for safety, regs, recalls, VSC, news, etc...

Check it out: http://www.uscgboating.org