PDA

View Full Version : MSD 8.5mm plug wires

OldSchool
03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I replaced the plug wires on both of my engines this past weekend with new ones. I'm dissappointed about the fact that there really is no "click" when the wires snap onto the plug. I like to hear them do that.

Anyone else ever experienced this? ....Or did I not try hard enough to make sure that they are all of the way on? They clicked onto the Dist. cap just fine, but that's easy to get to. It was a little chilly outside, should I try again and maybe spray some CRC on the inside of the boot or hit them with a blow dryer to get 'em warm....or just run it?

Thanks in advance,
Craig :)

Ratickle
03-25-2009, 10:25 AM
I replaced the plug wires on both of my engines this past weekend with new ones. I'm dissappointed about the fact that there really is no "click" when the wires snap onto the plug. I like to hear them do that.

Anyone else ever experienced this? ....Or did I not try hard enough to make sure that they are all of the way on? They clicked onto the Dist. cap just fine, but that's easy to get to. It was a little chilly outside, should I try again and maybe spray some CRC on the inside of the boot or hit them with a blow dryer to get 'em warm....or just run it?

Thanks in advance,
Craig :)

Drives me nuts too. I always pull test, then wonder if I pulled too hard, etc. Push the end on a plug that's not installed and get a feel for it and you'll know. I have to do that everytime to feel safe.