PDA

View Full Version : Sorta OT... Fuel regulator placement on a drag motor

Shah Mat
03-24-2009, 09:27 PM
I was told fuel regulators for nitrous need to be close to the solenoids. Is this true?

I'm thinking of mounting two (one for each system) right above the water pump on a bracket with a fuel log. That will be about 12" to each side of the fogger and maybe 6-8" from the plate.

How about the regulator for the carb? Should I put it on the log too? It's on the fender well right now with about 30" of line to front bowl and 30" to rear bowl. One regulator port goes to front bowl and one goes to the rear bowl.

Ratickle
04-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I was told fuel regulators for nitrous need to be close to the solenoids. Is this true?

I'm thinking of mounting two (one for each system) right above the water pump on a bracket with a fuel log. That will be about 12" to each side of the fogger and maybe 6-8" from the plate.

How about the regulator for the carb? Should I put it on the log too? It's on the fender well right now with about 30" of line to front bowl and 30" to rear bowl. One regulator port goes to front bowl and one goes to the rear bowl.

PM Hotrod2 or email him. If he doesn't get back to you, PM me. He builds and used to race big time drag cars. Still builds in his spare time.

Chris
04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
You ALWAYS want the regulator as close to the use as conceivably possible. That way you're assured of the pressure output not being affected by any downstream losses. 30" is too far away.

Also, I wouldn't consider using anything but a bypass regulator with a tank return. That's the cheapest insurance policy there is against leaning out your engine and cooking it.