PDA

View Full Version : Project boat transom work cost?

Dude! Sweet!
03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Looking at an old race boat project and considering going from a single I/O to OBs on it. Wondering what I should expect to pay for the transom work to seal up the transom (or replace the transom)?

Alternative two would be to convert it to twin I/O (small blocks) any thoughts?

Like I said, not looking for a formal "quote" but trying to compile a budget to see if the project makes sense or not.

Thanks!

glassdave
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
5K for engine stringers and transom for I/O's with the boat already completely de rigged. Add another 1.5-2K to knee up the transom for outboards. Just some ruff numbers but pretty standard.

what'cha lookin at? :cool:

Dude! Sweet!
03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks Dave. Got a couple of ideas, but Pantera, of course! :D

Offshore Ginger
03-20-2009, 06:47 PM
5K for engine stringers and transom for I/O's with the boat already completely de rigged. Add another 1.5-2K to knee up the transom for outboards. Just some ruff numbers but pretty standard.

what'cha lookin at? :cool: I agree with daves ( RUFF) numbers , but...................... what type of transom jack's are you considering for your outboard set up ? Just curious .

Dude! Sweet!
03-20-2009, 07:52 PM
No clue yet. Just sort of popped into my head the other day. The only braket I've looked at is the Stainless Marine one. I've really got to educate myself more on the OB stuff I guess. Or ask Pepe! :D

glassdave
03-20-2009, 08:36 PM
OB's are a whole different animal . . . . near as i can tell you gonna need some Tibetan prayer flags, some type of incense that smells like two stroke and the ability to speak in tongues an you should be fine . . . . I ran a season or two in a superstock cat . . . never did understand those things :D . . .

All kid'n aside they are great if you take some time to learn the ins an outs but they do require a different schedule of services.

Offshore Ginger
03-20-2009, 08:48 PM
No clue yet. Just sort of popped into my head the other day. The only braket I've looked at is the Stainless Marine one. I've really got to educate myself more on the OB stuff I guess. Or ask Pepe! :D Who's Pepe ?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

glassdave
03-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Who's Pepe ?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pepe . . . . Pepe LePew . . . he knows about stinky outboards :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
03-22-2009, 01:07 AM
That's no way to treat a guy who ran a pair of oil burners on a 24' boat from Miami to NYC... :D

glassdave
03-22-2009, 06:33 AM
cant argue with that :D