PDA

View Full Version : Polls, polls, polls...How about an SOS Presidential Poll?!

cigdaze
10-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Simple:

McCain / Palin
Other
Obama / Biden

cigdaze
10-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Man, if everyone on the planet owned a boat, politics would be easy.
:D

yesrej
10-24-2008, 03:08 PM
just wanted to do this. :boobflash::boobflash:

Phantom1
10-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Man, if everyone on the planet owned a boat, politics would be easy.

Pretty much sums it up. I hope all is well Nick!

cigdaze
10-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Pretty much sums it up. I hope all is well Nick!
Thanks John, and back at ya!

Expensive Date
10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Thats weird chris only invited republicans:)

OldSchool
10-24-2008, 04:35 PM

I've been waiting for the right time to post "The dancing broccoli"!!!!

:26::26::26::26::26:

Sea-Dated
10-24-2008, 04:43 PM
:03::03::03:

Tony
10-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Nick, next time:

McCain/Palin
All of the above

THEJOKER
10-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Republican all the way!

ChiefApache
10-24-2008, 05:08 PM
thats weird chris only invited republicans:)

:26::03::26::03::26::03:

TSPM
10-24-2008, 05:23 PM
You forgot SUNKIN and STECZ his running mate :03::03::03:

getchasum111
10-24-2008, 05:57 PM
me and my family are voting for me....i was going to vote for Stecz until i saw that rainbow flag flying....i still don't know what to think about that....

cigdaze
10-25-2008, 11:08 AM
me and my family are voting for me....i was going to vote for Stecz until i saw that rainbow flag flying....i still don't know what to think about that....
That's pride, baby! :26:

Wrinkleface
10-25-2008, 06:58 PM
That's pride, baby! :26:

What kinda pride when Stenchy is in the mix????????:03::leaving:

cigdaze
11-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Today's the day...new members vote up!
:)

Tony
11-04-2008, 09:25 AM
This poll sucks, you can only vote once. :D

cigdaze
11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Just register again, and vote twice. That's the democratic way.

Chris
11-04-2008, 10:13 AM
I voted almost 80 times this morning. Everyone got the day off- contingent upon everyone of their family members of voting age being here for a 6AM breakfast. Then we went to the polls. :)

Now that's the Republican way!

Tony
11-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I voted almost 80 times this morning. Everyone got the day off- contingent upon everyone of their family members of voting age being here for a 6AM breakfast. Then we went to the polls. :)

I briefly thought about something like that, but then figured all my guys are voting the right way to begin with so therers really no need.:biggrinjester:

jayboat
11-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Should be an interesting day. :patriot:

cigdaze
11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Yep, interesting indeed.

jayboat
11-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Here is generally what I've been seeing from the prognosticators. Basically, if it ain't over early, it will be touch and go all night. Get your popcorn ready...

All the available evidence suggests that Barack Obama should cruise to a comfortable margin of victory tomorrow night. “Based on interviews with political strategists in both parties, election analysts and advisers to both presidential campaigns — including a detailed look at public and private polling data — an Obama victory with well over 300 electoral votes is a more likely outcome than a McCain victory,” Mark Halperin of Time magazine reported today. On the other hand, polls have been wrong before, and there is some evidence that McCain could be closing the gap in a few battleground states.

Early results from just a few states should make it relatively clear whether Obama wins easily or if the polls and pundits are wrong, and the race is going to be closer than expected.

If Obama wins North Carolina, expect him to romp to a huge victory as that would suggest that a number of closely contested red states go Democratic.

An Obama victory in Florida or Virginia would also be fatal to McCain. Victory in both augurs a landslide. If he loses both, it would suggest that the electoral map is reverting to form and we might be in for a long night.

John McCain can’t win unless he takes Pennsylvania, which should be a key early indicator. Because if Obama loses Pennsylvania, it’s hard to see him winning in places like North Carolina or Virginia anyway.

Chris
11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
I briefly thought about something like that, but then figured all my guys are voting the right way to begin with so therers really no need.:biggrinjester:

When we went this morning I took my daughter- turned 18 11 days ago. Only person under 40 there. And they were packed. I guess it's tough to be young and idealistic AND get out of bed early to vote.

I wonder how strong the idealism of youth will be this evening when they're on their way home from work and there's a 2+ hour wait? I think the call of the Playstation and the siren song of MTV will keep many "poll respondents" on the road and straight home.

PARADOX
11-04-2008, 10:55 AM

OMG.. I needed a laugh this morning. SRB= Serious Republican Boaters. :)
I took my sons key away,, his wallet.. and locked him in the garage.. He was going to vote for Obamasucka'

Kids these days.. :ack2:

Ted
11-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I live in a relatively white area but work in a relatively black one and I will say polls were packed in both. If nothing else it looks like there will be big turnout which typically favors the Dems. And there is no doubt that Obama has energized a lot of black voters that may have never even thought about voting before, but the flip side is all of the Reps that may have been so discouraged with Bush are now riled up by the combination of Palin's down home type conservatism and the thought of 3 way control for the Dems. Thankfully it is all just about over because the one given is that BOTH sides have had enough of this election cycle. If only we could pass a law that they can't start 2010 until January of 2010 and they can't start 2012 until June of 2011, but they are starting 2012 tomorrow...

Tony
11-04-2008, 11:04 AM
When we went this morning I took my daughter- turned 18 11 days ago. Only person under 40 there. And they were packed. I guess it's tough to be young and idealistic AND get out of bed early to vote.

I wonder how strong the idealism of youth will be this evening when they're on their way home from work and there's a 2+ hour wait? I think the call of the Playstation and the siren song of MTV will keep many "poll respondents" on the road and straight home.

In my wait this morning there were a few white trash adults who became disgusted with the wait, made a scene and left, funny thing was not of them was b!tching about being late for work.

stecz20
11-04-2008, 11:29 AM
you asses even manage to drag my name into this.... im voting obama just to piss you swine off......

7-11 is the best indicater who is gonna win.. they sell coffee cups, with the faces of the two parties running.. last 7 elections they have been dead on.... i saw this the other nite on the news...

i cant wait for all this to be over, macain/palin

BBB725
11-04-2008, 11:49 AM

I'm letting anybody in the office that lives in our county to go vote so they won't have to stand in line, but they still have to work.

BBB725
11-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Here is generally what I've been seeing from the prognosticators. Basically, if it ain't over early, it will be touch and go all night. Get your popcorn ready...

All the available evidence suggests that Barack Obama should cruise to a comfortable margin of victory tomorrow night. “Based on interviews with political strategists in both parties, election analysts and advisers to both presidential campaigns — including a detailed look at public and private polling data — an Obama victory with well over 300 electoral votes is a more likely outcome than a McCain victory,” Mark Halperin of Time magazine reported today. On the other hand, polls have been wrong before, and there is some evidence that McCain could be closing the gap in a few battleground states.

Early results from just a few states should make it relatively clear whether Obama wins easily or if the polls and pundits are wrong, and the race is going to be closer than expected.

If Obama wins North Carolina, expect him to romp to a huge victory as that would suggest that a number of closely contested red states go Democratic.

An Obama victory in Florida or Virginia would also be fatal to McCain. Victory in both augurs a landslide. If he loses both, it would suggest that the electoral map is reverting to form and we might be in for a long night.

John McCain can’t win unless he takes Pennsylvania, which should be a key early indicator. Because if Obama loses Pennsylvania, it’s hard to see him winning in places like North Carolina or Virginia anyway.

Jay you forgot about the Redskins loss last night, if they lose their last home game before the election the sitting party in the White House loses:biggrinjester:

phragle
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
voted... and yesterday, across the street from my school is the building they use for early voting, the line was around the building and down the street, hot dog venders... the works. I was outside on break and heard "I hope they dont run out of gift cards, if you wait more than an hour your supposed to get one" wonder who gave them that idea?

Westcoast
11-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I proudly voted for McCain....but my f-ing wife went left on me.....

Tony
11-04-2008, 12:13 PM

Go home tonight and tell her how you saw this really cool huge diamond necklace on your lunch break today, and you were just about to buy it for her. Right as you were getting ready to tell the sales lady you wanted to look at it some guy stormed in front of you anouncing how proud he was of his wife for voting for McCain so he was buying her the necklace, whipping out the cash before you even had a chance to speak.:seeya::seeya:

phragle
11-04-2008, 12:28 PM

better yet, tell her you got her that diamond necklace, than stoped at Roberto's for a burrito, saw the undocumented mexican girl slaving over a vat of refried beans for $5 an hour and decided to rdistribute the wealth... the girl liked it so much she is sending it to her mother back in mexico!!!

Roberto's carne asada burritos mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool5::drool5::drool5:

Expensive Date
11-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I voted this morning then cleaned out my cookies but they said I still can't vote again:26: Maybe I am in denial but I think McCain will take this

ROGUE
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Now you should run a poll on how many of us are on welfare. Bet the results are similar.

socalstone
11-04-2008, 02:15 PM

Same here. we cancelled each other out.
Hey, it's a free country. I'm still glad we went.
Was fast. Wait was about 2 minutes.

Trim'd Up
11-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Good to see everyone is in agreement. Must be because we are all "rich". ;)