PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth, where can I sell? Colt .380

sledge
03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Pony Pocketlight double action one clip plus multiple holsters (ankle, waist and two different leather pockets). I stopped traveling a long time ago and it's been locked away for a few years. It's just not something I need right now. Not sure what the finish is, but it isn't polished stainless nor blued.

Thanks for any leads.

*disclaimer* This is not a solicitation nor an offer to buy or sell. Just looking for some info.

Chris
03-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Like new in the box- it would move for the $500- $575 range at your typical gun show. If it's worn or no box you'll probably see less. I've seen some for sale in the $700 renge, but they're not selling.

The accessories are typically not going to be worth much- most buyers expect this stuff to be tossed in on the deal. Unless it's something by a custom maker or desireable. And sisne the Colt is pretty rare, there's probably no secondary market for it.

The pistol is a Colt and it's rare so that makes it somewhat valuable. But they're rare because they didn't sell well and were discontinued after just a few years.. I don't think there's anything wrong with the piece, it's just a very competitive space and there are alot of options in that price range. Most guys looking for a premium piece end up with a custom pistol.

As far as where to sell- Gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com are two possibilities. You'll likely have to find a local FFL holder to ship it through since many receiving FFL holders require the weapn to be shipped via that mode, even though the law does not require it. Local gun shows are a good way, but in this tight economy, you see virtually no dollars trading hands- at least at the one's I've been to lately.

Slick02
03-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Save it, before long you won't be able to buy a gun the way Obama is trying to go, I've had a Colt Mustang Pocketlite for about 10 years and love it as far as a small carry gun for everyday use. Sledge, what state do you reside in? The laws vary some from state to state.

runninhotracing
03-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Pony Pocketlight double action one clip plus multiple holsters (ankle, waist and two different leather pockets). I stopped traveling a long time ago and it's been locked away for a few years. It's just not something I need right now. Not sure what the finish is, but it isn't polished stainless nor blued.

Thanks for any leads.

*disclaimer* This is not a solicitation nor an offer to buy or sell. Just looking for some info.

P.M. sent

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

sledge
03-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys. I gave it to a friend of mine to try for a while.

itilldo
03-23-2009, 10:03 PM
anyone have a lead on where too buy .380 ammo, been too couple of places on the net with no luck....everywhere I have looked and even at the gun show this past weekend in Nashville and no one has any. WTF?

MattBMiller
03-23-2009, 10:13 PM
A couple local gun shops around here are out of .380 ammo as well. Good thing I have a few boxes of Gold Dot personal protection stuff left.

Tony
03-24-2009, 07:36 AM
anyone have a lead on where too buy .380 ammo, been too couple of places on the net with no luck....everywhere I have looked and even at the gun show this past weekend in Nashville and no one has any. WTF?

www.ammoman.com
www.sportsmansguide.com
www.the-armory.com

Von Bongo
03-24-2009, 05:53 PM

Wideners.com is out which is unusual, .380 has been redily available. Cabelas has Magtech for $17 a box for 95gr FMJ or american eagle for $19 a box and is Great target ammo. If you need personal protection ammo the black hills red box is also available in 90 GR hP for about twice the price.

You can also get bulk Magtech for $159 for 500 rds that includes 2 dry boxes from Cabelas.

itilldo
03-25-2009, 11:14 AM
thanxs guy's for the lines...will order some after work

anyone know why .380 is being so diffuclut to find......I never had a problem with picking up ammo for that caliber before

Von Bongo
03-25-2009, 05:17 PM

anyone know why .380 is being so diffuclut to find......I never had a problem with picking up ammo for that caliber before

BHO...all common types of ammuntion have been in short supply since november and 9mm, 5.56 and .223 is almost nonexistant unless your willing to pay double the pre election price.

Be patient, stuff comes available at reasonable prices, you just have to be diligent and be ready to buy. Wait a week and it will be gone.

BTW ammoman doesn't have any 380

gerritm
03-26-2009, 09:04 AM
http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/default.asp?kwtid=237622
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Default.aspx

Sportsman Guide has a pretty good selection of .223 and 7.62. I have been buying it in bulk. Somewhere between $5 a box of 20 and $11. They also have plenty of .380. If you join their club you get a discount. Seem to ship quick and be a pretty good internet company to deal with. CTD ships that day, and usually gets to your door in a day or 2, but are a little more expensive on shipping. I have quit looking at the local sports stores & Wallyworld, it is hit or miss at them. If their shipment comes in that day you might some some. I went to the local gun show this weekend and all of the bulk suppliers of ammo were mobbed. People buying it as fast as they could put it out. The deals were not much better than buying online, except no shipping charges.

Von Bongo
03-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Wideners just got some 5.56 and .223 in. For Mil spec M855 or M193 or SS109 I figure a good deal is around $.39-.$42 a round. For someothing like Wolf or Barnaul $.20-.25 a round seems to be as good as you can do these days.

Try to buy some small rife primers for reloading. I've had them on order since December.

Last couple gunshows I went to bulk dealers were raping people. 500 rounds of Wolf .223 was $250. You can buy 1000 rounds today from Widners for $270.

But lots of stupid people buying.

gerritm
03-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Wideners just got some 5.56 and .223 in. For Mil spec M855 or M193 or SS109 I figure a good deal is around $.39-.$42 a round. For someothing like Wolf or Barnaul $.20-.25 a round seems to be as good as you can do these days.

Try to buy some small rife primers for reloading. I've had them on order since December.

Last couple gunshows I went to bulk dealers were raping people. 500 rounds of Wolf .223 was $250. You can buy 1000 rounds today from Widners for $270.

But lots of stupid people buying.

I just bought 500 rounds of Wolf .223 for $137.72 from Sportsmanguide. 1000 rounds for $270.72. Sometimes they have PMC .223 ammo i bulk for about the same price. It is Korean made, but very clean firing and accurate. .28 cents a round, not too bad. I have also bought Lake City ammo from them. It is a boat tail and very accurate.

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=515028

Slick02
03-30-2009, 09:23 AM

This sux, I hit 2 different gunshops in the Orlando area and neither one had any .380 ammo and weren't sure when they were getting any..:(

Chris
03-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Ah the good old days of 223 milsurp for $85 a thousand.

baddogz28
03-31-2009, 12:20 PM
...I hear instead of going after the guns themselves, Obama and his cronies are going after the raw materials used to make ammo... Brass in particular. Any truth to this guys?