PDA

View Full Version : Shortening a Bravo Lower

MattBMiller
03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
What happened to the guy that was cutting down Bravo lowers a couple years back? Anything ever come of that?

Mr Gadgets
03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
That was Maxx from the other site, he was doing it for a while and then got busy with other things. I dont know if I still have his number??

MahopacMarine
03-17-2009, 09:19 PM
What are you up to now??????

You should come out to the run early and lets get that thing setup huh??

MattBMiller
03-17-2009, 09:59 PM
What are you up to now??????

You should come out to the run early and lets get that thing setup huh??

Up to no good again! I have a spare lower and got to thinking...

I might head out for that run, we'll see what my schedule allows. Hope to get the boat in the water in the next couple weeks.

MattBMiller
03-17-2009, 10:01 PM
That was Maxx from the other site, he was doing it for a while and then got busy with other things. I dont know if I still have his number??

Do you know if he ever ran a completed one? I imagine the lower with a nosecone welded on would be hydrodynamically similar to an IMCO??????

MahopacMarine
03-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Up to no good again! I have a spare lower and got to thinking...

I might head out for that run, we'll see what my schedule allows. Hope to get the boat in the water in the next couple weeks.

Now if I didnt like you......... I would have said your problem was the thinking part :rofl::rofl:

Mr Gadgets
03-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Matt,
I dont know if he ever actually ran one?? I know the cavitation plate had to be moved up by the prop, but I am not sure how he did it or what.. I would think the two sections would have to be welded back together very accurately or there could be misalingment and would cause problems.
Now if you put a Hydromotive cone on it, it might be better?? Hard to say without testing.
I still have his number if you want it.. pm me for it..

Dick

ROGUE
03-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I saw the completed lower and it looked good but I dont know anything after that. Kinda lost touch when I wasnt traveling there anymore. I'm still running one of his cranks.

MattBMiller
03-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I saw the completed lower and it looked good but I dont know anything after that. Kinda lost touch when I wasnt traveling there anymore. I'm still running one of his cranks.

Interesting. I might throw it on the mill and give it a go. Wouldn't mind talking to him if you guys have his digits.

Why can't I make this easy and just buy in IMCO or Sportmaster lower?!!?:ack2: