PDA

View Full Version : New "toy" from the Gun Show this weekend...

Sydwayz
03-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Sig 229
Included:
Plastic 2-piece grips
2-13 rd. clips
Glow-glass night sights

Added:
2-15 rd. clips
Upgraded 1-piece wrap-around rubber finger grip
Tactical light/LED combo
Thigh holster adjustable/big enough for light/LED when I chose

I put 80 rounds through it the day I bought it. I LOVE this gun. I traded my Ruger P95 in on it; and friends of ours went to the gun show later that day, and bought the P95 that I traded in, unknown to either of us. The NRA HQ indoor range is only 100 miles up the road, and is a VERY nice facility with some great tools for use for sighting-in; not to mention the knowledge share when you are there.

MattBMiller
03-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Very Cool!

Sydwayz
03-10-2009, 11:31 AM
It was kind of fun to walk around and build the entire package all at one place and one time. I literally installed the accessories as I went along, and was able to test fit holsters/lights/LEDs etc.

gerritm
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I like the Sigs. Debated between my HK USP 40 and the Sig. HK won out, but I think it may be my next handgun. They fit and feel nice.

Airpacker
03-10-2009, 03:28 PM
and now for the typical Canadian question..................................... so now that you have it, what do you do with it? :)

Sydwayz
03-10-2009, 03:31 PM
and now for the typical Canadian question..................................... so now that you have it, what do you do with it? :)

Keep all the nosy Canadians out of the neighborhood.

ar15meister
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Nice setup.

I have a similar light on my HK .45...

Airpacker
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Keep all the nosy Canadians out of the neighborhood.

I think that plan has failed miserably. Just watch a NHL game and you will see lots of Hosers and Ruskies have penetrated your defences :)

OldSchool
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice piece B. How much??

Sydwayz
03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I think that plan has failed miserably. Just watch a NHL game and you will see lots of Hosers and Ruskies have penetrated your defences :)

Not on this side of the Mason Dixon; except for maybe Hockey towns. :D

Craig, you have a PM.

Sea-Dated
03-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Very nice piece. Congrats....

Spare Patty
03-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Nice weapon! Great that it FITs your hand. Can feel boxy 2 some folks. That gun is incredibly dependable! Great track record. You done good! Enjoy her.
Sig 229
Included:
Plastic 2-piece grips
2-13 rd. clips
Glow-glass night sights

Added:
2-15 rd. clips
Upgraded 1-piece wrap-around rubber finger grip
Tactical light/LED combo
Thigh holster adjustable/big enough for light/LED when I chose

I put 80 rounds through it the day I bought it. I LOVE this gun. I traded my Ruger P95 in on it; and friends of ours went to the gun show later that day, and bought the P95 that I traded in, unknown to either of us. The NRA HQ indoor range is only 100 miles up the road, and is a VERY nice facility with some great tools for use for sighting-in; not to mention the knowledge share when you are there.

stecz20
03-11-2009, 02:34 AM

baby, this great land of ours was born from ideas, ideas that sprung a revolution, a revolution that gave birth to a country.. the mere fact that you must ask that question sickens me... Because there is no such thing as a free nation where police and military are allowed the force of arms but individual citizens are not..Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. when all you have to speak of is the formation of a railroad i ask you, can you ever undertsand the answer to your question?????:seeya::seeya::seeya:

dont ever make me get this deep again, that sh it burns....:03::03::03:

stecz20
03-11-2009, 02:38 AM
wait till sunkin see that one.. hell be like a proud papa.....:26::26:

Airpacker
03-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Ok steczy, but I still don't know what you do with a hand gun. Sure, you can shoot targets with one. Not a real good choice for hunting deer, bear, moose or even ducks though. I hear even in the USA it is illegal to shoot people who pizz ya off so, what do you do with it?

PS, in an armed revolution, a little hand gun won't do much against a tank will it? :)

Tony
03-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Ok steczy, but I still don't know what you do with a hand gun. Sure, you can shoot targets with one. Not a real good choice for hunting deer, bear, moose or even ducks though. I hear even in the USA it is illegal to shoot people who pizz ya off so, what do you do with it?

PS, in an armed revolution, a little hand gun won't do much against a tank will it? :)

Shooting targes is a perfectly acceptable reason to own one, or any other firearm for that matter. Fast boats arent a very good choice for Marlin fishing but we still own them why? becase we want to and WE CAN!:seeya:

Wardey
03-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Nice choice !!! I looked at the Sig's when I was purchasing my Springfield. I just wanted a .40 cal high capacity 16+1. Sig's are nice guns, you will be happy with it. Dave

Wardey
03-11-2009, 09:11 AM

Once the tank is disabled, it works VERY well. Dave

Sydwayz
03-11-2009, 10:19 AM

We go to the range a couple times a month. As such we enjoy shooting there. My cousin is a civilian contractor that goes to the desert every once in a while to do crazy stuff we can't talk about. He has several guns, and is who got me into this stuff.

And if we have an armed revolution, I have a boat that can make it to several countries. I'll be on my merry way.

Airpacker
03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Once the tank is disabled, it works VERY well. Dave
now thats funny right there :)

phragle
03-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Airpacker...have you read the pizza delivery thread? thats what to do with it.

And did everybody see that?? an almost coherent, logical, readable, and agreeable post by Stecz.... either he ran out of koolaide, or he is straight out to drunk to think! either way progress has been made.

Madpoodle
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Methinks Stecz had a ghost writer on that one...

Or Chris is logging in under his name to confuse us all....

Tony
03-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Give Stecy a little credit, he is trying. Now if we can just get him to color inside the lines.

JupiterSunsation
03-12-2009, 08:35 AM

Didn't think Canada or Mexico owned any tanks.............

JupiterSunsation
03-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Methinks Stecz had a ghost writer on that one.

Or Chris is logging in under his name to confuse us all....

Bingo.........or he copied it out of a book with no pictures............:rofl:

nifoxke
03-12-2009, 10:34 AM
How do you like the tactical light? I thought about getting one for my Glock. Currently I have just a laser sight on the rail but thought about upgrading to the light too.

Sydwayz
03-12-2009, 11:14 AM
So far so good on the tactical light. It's BRIGHT with new batteries. It is a single LED, and it is plenty to light up the house when I am playing Crockett at night. It is a little bulky, but it does fit in the leg holster that I bought for the whole setup. But I bought the holster for visiting the range, when I really won't be using the laser/light. The laser also shows up pretty well even in the beam of the light. However, the new trend is GREEN lasers, as that is what the US Military is switching too, as they travel further in daylight. I have not seen a green laser/tactical light setup yet.

nifoxke
03-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah I saw a few green lasers while doing some shopping. Pretty interesting. The holster I have now is for concealed carry and doesn't allow for the laser to be on it, not that I'd really need it all the time. I was looking at holsters that allow for the tactical light but they aren't CC which is fine.

stecz20
03-12-2009, 07:18 PM
heres my real answer to sean.... if for whatever reason, someone made the wrong choice and chose to put my familys life on the line..... i might go to jail for killing them, but my family would be safe... ill take my chances with a jury, explaining to them that my familys life was on the line and i was protecting them... thats why i excersie my right....
being from canada put you in a very comfortable position to be a lib and think us gun toting americans are bad.. wonder if you would ask the question if your home boardered a not so friendly place... there is only one reaosn you can even ask that question sean, and its not cause you fought for that reason, it was handed to you... do you disagree???

Griff
03-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Nice choice on the Sig. I carry a P220 with nickle plated slide and night sites. Unfortunately, the tac light mount wasn't an option 12 years ago.

How do you like the tactical light? I thought about getting one for my Glock. Currently I have just a laser sight on the rail but thought about upgrading to the light too.

You can get a lasermax that is fully contained in the guide rod also.

Chris
03-13-2009, 08:50 AM
What do you do with a handgun? I dunno- what do you do with a basketball or a set of golf clubs? Or a stamp collection?

A few weeks ago, I took 4 fathers and their sons along with my own kid to an indoor range not far from their college. Some had shot previously, some had not. We spent the day on instructionals and I had a couple of them shooting quite respectably. After the range closed, the owner let us hang around and I got out the MP5 and Thompson. We had some major grins going.

Now, we could have gone to the movies or trudged around the mall, but I think everyone had a much better time with what we did.

You may have noticed in yesterday's news the disturbed kid in Alabama that killed his mother and then set out on a random killing spree. Had he happened across someone like me, there would be fewer perfectly innocent but now-dead people out there today.

That's what you do with them.

jmeng
03-13-2009, 08:54 AM
If you want a laser and still be able to carry in a "normal" holster look at the Crimson Trace grips. Don't have any yet but have only heard rave reviews.

Chris
03-13-2009, 08:54 AM
However, the new trend is GREEN lasers, as that is what the US Military is switching too, as they travel further in daylight. I have not seen a green laser/tactical light setup yet.

The only lasers the U.S. military uses are infrared target designators. A low light gathering optic added to an aiming reticle is much more effective. If they used a visible light source, it would be very easy to identify where everyone was at and shoot there.

Lasers are TV stuff.

Chris
03-13-2009, 09:01 AM

Many people hunt with handguns. As do people hunt with muzzleloaders and bows. I wouldn;t use a Glock, but...

And, while it is still (unfortunately) illegal to kill people that annoy you, you are able to defend yourself. Most states have concealed-carry laws and many of those are adopting "Castle Doctrine" laws that relieve an individual of the burden of having to first run and hide before defending their life.

Lastly, the Afghans ran the Soviets out with 19th century rifles and a major set of balls. (and a few Stinger missiles ;) )

Wardey
03-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Absolutely Chris. Everytime I take someone out to shoot we have a great time. By the way, my son Dave, shot "U.S.M.C. High Expert" last month at Camp Blanding. He shot perfect to 800 yards but missed on his 1000 yard shot. Now, do you think he got that from playing video games and hanging out at the malls??? Here's a few pic's of my family. Dave at Camp Blanding Qualifications. My daughter at the Federal Fire Arms Qual. and my Dad, Ret. Special Agent with the F.B.I. Dave

Sydwayz
03-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Absolutely Chris. Everytime I take someone out ...

I thought this post was going in a whole different direction. :26:

Wardey
03-13-2009, 09:47 AM
:biggrinjester::biggrinjester::biggrinjester:Dave

Tony
03-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Absolutely Chris. Everytime I take someone out to shoot we have a great time. By the way, my son Dave, shot "U.S.M.C. High Expert" last month at Camp Blanding. He shot perfect to 800 yards but missed on his 1000 yard shot. Now, do you think he got that from playing video games and hanging out at the malls??? Here's a few pic's of my family. Dave at Camp Blanding Qualifications. Mt daughter at the Federal Fire Arms Qual. and my Dad, Ret. Special Agent with the F.B.I. Dave

Congrats to your son, and tell him THANK YOU from some random intenet personality named Tony. :seeya: