PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pics of Snap-On Scarab at KW

Scarab KV
03-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Does anybody have pics of Brian and Wilma Ross's Snap-On Scarab from 94-98. Was used as a pace boat at KW in either 94 or 95 in the graphics in first two pics. Graphics were changed in 96 to the look in the third pic. Boat was run in numerous poker runs during the late 90's. Would like to find some pics in either graphic.

tommymonza
03-10-2009, 06:28 AM
No , But i have this

Scarab KV
03-10-2009, 09:39 AM
No , But i have this

Thanks

Perlmudder
03-10-2009, 11:08 AM
doesn't a member own that boat now?

Scarab KV
03-10-2009, 11:32 AM

Yes, I do.

Perlmudder
03-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Yes, I do.

I so knew that! haha

Dude! Sweet!
03-10-2009, 01:01 PM

You said "member" huh-huh-huh...

S-KV is that your KV in the avitar photo? I remember when those boats came out. I thought they were about as cool as you could get! :D

Scarab KV
03-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I so knew that! haha

I hope so Perl...you and I have talked about it in the past:sifone:
That might have been on the other channel thou:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
03-10-2009, 01:12 PM
You said "member" huh-huh-huh...

S-KV is that your KV in the avitar photo? I remember when those boats came out. I thought they were about as cool as you could get! :D

The avatar is a screen shot from Vice. Mine started out as a Vice LTD, but has been repainted as in the #1 post

Dude! Sweet!
03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
You still have it all logo'd up? I really dig the Vice edition. And your boat is sharp with cool history. How's it run (performance, handling all that)?

Scarab KV
03-10-2009, 11:47 PM
You still have it all logo'd up? I really dig the Vice edition. And your boat is sharp with cool history. How's it run (performance, handling all that)?

Hey Dude, They pulled the logos before we picked it up. The plan is to some day return it back to the Vice colors. Some serious money went into the re & re of the boat when it was in the PR series. Was pretty much a new boat when we bought it in 98. Had a fresh set of NA 600's Gen V blocks, Borgs reworked by Tom Huber and TRS. Runs awsome and handles great in big water. Will flirt with the 80 mark all day, best was 83 gps run'n light....real light.
Some recent pics

Dude! Sweet!
03-10-2009, 11:58 PM
WOW! She's a knockout! Very cool.

glassdave
03-10-2009, 11:58 PM
No , But i have this

hey . . . i've got the issue that came from. July 87 that was on the cover :D

Scarab KV
03-11-2009, 12:14 AM
hey . . . i've got the issue that came from. July 87 that was on the cover :D

You wanna part with that issue Dave?

Scarab KV
03-11-2009, 12:14 AM

Thanks Dude:)

glassdave
03-11-2009, 12:27 AM
You wanna part with that issue Dave?

Sorry, cant its part of the archives. It doesnt have anything about the boat in it though. It was just on the cover but it was one of their performance issues. It has a test on the 50 Scarab, 41 Apache Cat, 46 Cougar and several others as well as a performance boating school srticle by John Connor and Ben Kramer (no chit!) its kind of a keeper. Are you looking for specific print on the Miami Vice boats or any 38 flatdeck Scarab stuff? I can look and see what i have maybe make copies or something.

Awesome boat you have there, I would try and contact Brian or Wilma, great people those two. Maybe they have some pics. I have a 34 Scarab right now that i will most likely move someday specifically for a Flatdeck 38 Scarab. One of the best ruff water boats ever.

MOBILEMERCMAN
03-11-2009, 12:29 AM

Beautiful, clean boat.:sifone:

Scarab KV
03-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Sorry, cant its part of the archives. It doesnt have anything about the boat in it though. It was just on the cover but it was one of their performance issues. It has a test on the 50 Scarab, 41 Apache Cat, 46 Cougar and several others as well as a performance boating school srticle by John Connor and Ben Kramer (no chit!) its kind of a keeper. Are you looking for specific print on the Miami Vice boats or any 38 flatdeck Scarab stuff? I can look and see what i have maybe make copies or something.

Awesome boat you have there, I would try and contact Brian or Wilma, great people those two. Maybe they have some pics. I have a 34 Scarab right now that i will most likely move someday specifically for a Flatdeck 38 Scarab. One of the best ruff water boats ever.

I pretty much have most of what's out there on Vice, but if ya think to look let me know what you have. Brian & Wilma are awesome. Spent the night with them here in Fond du Lac for Power pilgrimage in 03 B4 the Milwaukee race. Brian egged me into winning one of DJs impact suits in the silent auction....good time.

Scarab KV
03-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Beautiful, clean boat.:sifone:

Thanks buddy:sifone:

glassdave
03-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I pretty much have most of what's out there on Vice, but if ya think to look let me know what you have. Brian & Wilma are awesome. Spent the night with them here in Fond du Lac for Power pilgrimage in 03 B4 the Milwaukee race. Brian egged me into winning one of DJs impact suits in the silent auction....good time.

If you need any of the old MV fonts i have most of the vector files for that boat. I can cut vinyl or spray masks, whatever ya need. BradB on here just picked up a real sweet 38 flatdeck in great shape.

Scarab KV
03-11-2009, 01:31 AM
If you need any of the old MV fonts i have most of the vector files for that boat. I can cut vinyl or spray masks, whatever ya need. BradB on here just picked up a real sweet 38 flatdeck in great shape.

Thanks Dave. Where is BradB from. Did he post any pics of the new ride. Might know which one it is.

MikeyFIN
03-29-2009, 08:33 AM
No , But i have this

And here itīs painted wrong and getting ready after the real life IRS auction with the new owner in my Garage.

Sadly the painter and the then owner who wanted it repainted didnīt know what they were doing.

Sean Stinson
03-29-2009, 06:55 PM
And here itīs painted wrong and getting ready after the real life IRS auction with the new owner in my Garage.

Sadly the painter and the then owner who wanted it repainted didnīt know what they were doing.

Where is your garage it looks as if you have some other things from back in the day there as well????

Sean

cosmic12
03-29-2009, 09:47 PM
I used to see the Snap-on boat up in the 1000 Island's alot. Great boat and nice to see you are keeping it nice. There is also a Vice 38 up there every now and then and the guy that has it says it is the actual one from the show. It is a real nice boat I will try to get some pics if I see it this summer.

Scarab KV
03-29-2009, 11:41 PM
I used to see the Snap-on boat up in the 1000 Island's alot. Great boat and nice to see you are keeping it nice. There is also a Vice 38 up there every now and then and the guy that has it says it is the actual one from the show. It is a real nice boat I will try to get some pics if I see it this summer.

Thanks Cos.....she's my pride and joy. The Ross's gave me a great platform to start with. The Vice boat was Tom Jewsbury's. It indeed was an original boat from the show and well documented. He did an awesome job restoring it. He sold it to Smacky (board member) two years ago. Jim runs it out of Port Clinton, OH.
How many pics you want:biggrinjester:

This is a vid he shot last summer

BQbt46aJpuo

JETJOCK
03-30-2009, 08:01 AM
More pics!

Scarab KV
03-30-2009, 11:55 AM

Look familiar?