PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying a 2007 Tahoe for the wife...need input.

Hilltop Kyle
03-08-2009, 10:59 AM
I've found a spotless '07 Tahoe that I'm thinking about buying for the wife. The only down side is that it's got almost 70k mi. I drove it and ran great. It seems to have been very well taken care of. I think the original owner had a long drive to work every day. It's got the GM 5.3, are that many miles a big deal on that motor?

Chris
03-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Do they have maintenance records and documents? That would be the key for me.

That engine can easily do 300K+ with minimal issues provided it's well maintaines. I used to get that out of 5.7's by just using synthetic oil and regular changes- before we went to all diesels.

Ratickle
03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I've found a spotless '07 Tahoe that I'm thinking about buying for the wife. The only down side is that it's got almost 70k mi. I drove it and ran great. It seems to have been very well taken care of. I think the original owner had a long drive to work every day. It's got the GM 5.3, are that many miles a big deal on that motor?

And does it have the extended warranty? If so, the dealer network should have all records...

Blue Oval
03-08-2009, 01:10 PM
If you are looking at it at dealership,ask for a copy of title and get the org. owner name and call if you wish.70K is not a problem on any of the newer (Ford,Chevy etc.)models,as long as price is adjusted for it.

Hilltop Kyle
03-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks guys. They told me an extended warranty is available for it. I'm gonna ask for maint. records and try to find out who owned it previously. I felt like that motor should be good for 200K plus as long as it's well cared for. Thanks again!

go4broke
03-08-2009, 05:20 PM
If it has had its oil changes every 3K, I would by it in a heartbeat. 300K plus no problem with 3K lof's and cheap oil. I've had my eye out for an 07 up high milage tahoe myself.

JupiterSunsation
03-08-2009, 05:59 PM
The 07's came with a factory powertrain warranty for 100K so if anything major goes it should be covered. Should be a cheap truck to buy with that kind of mileage too.....

Hilltop Kyle
03-10-2009, 01:11 PM
My wife has a sweet new ride! We got a really good deal on it. Especially when I compared it to a brand new one that was identical for twice the money. It's GM Certified and we went with an extended warranty so it's got 3yrs of bumper to bumper and up to 100Kmi powertrain. I found out it was a GM Rep's vehicle, they are supposedly very well maintained by the Rep's as maintenance is no cost to them.

stecz20
03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
My wife has a sweet new ride! We got a really good deal on it. Especially when I compared it to a brand new one that was identical for twice the money. It's GM Certified and we went with an extended warranty so it's got 3yrs of bumper to bumper and up to 100Kmi powertrain. I found out it was a GM Rep's vehicle, they are supposedly very well maintained by the Rep's as maintenance is no cost to them.

you do know that chevys are just not cool.... come on kyle, do i have to teach you everything.... chicks and soft ass punks drive chevys.. you want respect, you wanna kick some ass, buy a ford pal... ever wander why you other buddy is so much cooler, drives a ford....:26::26:

poor fella, missing teeth, driving a chevy.. just no hope for you buddy...:03::03:

sy goldberg
03-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I hate to pick on you but in your case FORD means For Ornery Repulsive Degenerates.:26::26:

Blue Oval
03-10-2009, 02:18 PM
you do know that chevys are just not cool.... come on kyle, do i have to teach you everything.... chicks and soft ass punks drive chevys.. you want respect, you wanna kick some ass, buy a ford pal... ever wander why you other buddy is so much cooler, drives a ford....:26::26:

poor fella, missing teeth, driving a chevy.. just no hope for you buddy...:03::03:

Now this guy knows things!!!!!!!!!

Hilltop Kyle
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM

Damn Stecz...I guess I'm just not cool. I drive a 2500HD Duramax and now she drives that. I've owned a Ford before, it was a good truck, just underpowered. :03: We have three of them as our shop trucks, I'm not a fan. Guess I'm a "soft ass punk". :Chevy_anim:

stecz20
03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Damn Stecz...I guess I'm just not cool. I drive a 2500HD Duramax and now she drives that. I've owned a Ford before, it was a good truck, just underpowered. :03: We have three of them as our shop trucks, I'm not a fan. Guess I'm a "soft ass punk". :Chevy_anim:

you said it not me.... underdpowered, more like driver error... sorry kyle, i expected more from you...:26::26:

stecz20
03-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Now this guy knows things!!!!!!!!!

only pickle smoochers drive chevys.... im sorry but its the truth...:dupe::dupe:

Carguy
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Lots of luck with the new ride.....

duke252
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM

Kyle get your azz in that new ride and come down to Knox Vegas this weekend and drink some beer!!! What else do you have to do its March and you don't have any props for the XRT !!!! :biggrinjester:

Ratickle
03-10-2009, 09:39 PM

The only Ford drivers I've seen were in the woods yelling "Squuuuueeel or on porches playing banjo's. That's not how we describe "kicking" ass up here. Was one of those guys in the movie you??? :26:

stecz20
03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
i have to be honest with you pickle sniffers.. i like the newer tahoes.... but thats it.... thats all im willing to say on the matter you sniffers....

Hilltop Kyle
03-11-2009, 09:27 AM
The only Ford drivers I've seen were in the woods yelling "Squuuuueeel or on porches playing banjo's. That's not how we describe "kicking" ass up here. Was one of those guys in the movie you??? :26:

Good stuff :boxing_smiley:

Hilltop Kyle
03-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Kyle get your azz in that new ride and come down to Knox Vegas this weekend and drink some beer!!! What else do you have to do its March and you don't have any props for the XRT !!!! :biggrinjester:

Very tempting...

BDiggity
03-15-2009, 12:12 PM
ive got 180k on my '00 5.3L, not one mechanical issue. switched to valvoline max life oil (was using amsoil but lost my local guy). Been wanting to get rid of it for something more fuel efficient, but think now i will drive it till the wheels fall off.

boomer35
03-15-2009, 12:46 PM
get it!!! i just got my old lady an 08 LT with the Nav system.... things nice, i've even towed my 30 cig with it a few times, please dont tell sunkin

Hilltop Kyle
03-16-2009, 09:19 PM
We got it! It's awesome, she's only let me drive it once but I really like it. It's got EVERY option possible. I keep finding new stuff. It's got (sorry I don't know the right name) the feature where it drops to 4 cyl when it gets to hwy speed so it should get decent mileage. We're taking it back to Indiana this weekend so I'll get to find out. The nav system is cool too!

Sunsation96
03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Congrats Kyle, now post some pictures

Hilltop Kyle
03-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Well, just to show what a dumb ass I can be..... It's a Yukon not a Tahoe. I started out looking at Tahoe's and forgot the fact that I ended up on a Yukon. I figured I better tell on myself before I post pictures and you guys destroy me. :blush5:

Shut up Stecz :boxing_smiley:

Sunsation96
03-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Well, just to show what a dumb ass I can be..... It's a Yukon not a Tahoe. I started out looking at Tahoe's and forgot the fact that I ended up on a Yukon. I figured I better tell on myself before I post pictures and you guys destroy me. :blush5:

Shut up Stecz :boxing_smiley:

Well that make sense since you said it had all the bells. GMC is usally more loaded than the Chevy's now post pics!:sifone: I need something to look at till I can get the boat out of storage

Playn
04-04-2009, 11:35 PM
We got it! It's awesome, she's only let me drive it once but I really like it. It's got EVERY option possible. I keep finding new stuff. It's got (sorry I don't know the right name) the feature where it drops to 4 cyl when it gets to hwy speed so it should get decent mileage. We're taking it back to Indiana this weekend so I'll get to find out. The nav system is cool too!

If you can figure out a way to dim the nav touch screen let me know. There is a setting that can be changed but it looks to me only two settings.

Hilltop Kyle
04-06-2009, 12:19 PM
If you can figure out a way to dim the nav touch screen let me know. There is a setting that can be changed but it looks to me only two settings.

I found the Day/Night setting for the screen, it also adjusts with the dimmer switch for the dash lights. Try that and see if it helps.

catmando
04-11-2009, 11:47 PM
...It's got (sorry I don't know the right name) the feature where it drops to 4 cyl when it gets to hwy speed...

GM calls it Active Fuel Management.