PDA

View Full Version : CAD drawing of SSM III and SSM IV props shafts

waybomb
03-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Anybody here have CAD (or other) drawings for a SSMIII and/or SSMIV prop shafts, or, for that matter, any other SSMIII and SSMIV parts they can send me?

waybomb
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM
If nobody has drawings, does anybody have any worn out parts they could send to me so I could make drawings?

Buoy
03-08-2009, 02:12 PM
If nobody has them, and there is a need, I would be happy to start doing CAD drawings of parts.
I'm very soon going to be looking for a job, and have plenty of time on my hands (after the move).
Let me know what you need, or if I can help.

Ratickle
03-08-2009, 03:59 PM
If nobody has them, and there is a need, I would be happy to start doing CAD drawings of parts.
I'm very soon going to be looking for a job, and have plenty of time on my hands (after the move).
Let me know what you need, or if I can help.

What CAD system do you use?

waybomb
03-08-2009, 04:50 PM
That's why I posted my original thread. My kid works in MasterCAM and AutoCAD. He also has access to all the machines and heat treating proceses to make just about anything.

If somebody has some parts, he'll make drawings for all to use. And he can make the parts. He can have gears made as well.

t500hps
03-08-2009, 06:12 PM
XR gears???? He could make a few bucks if they last as long (or longer) than the merc ones!!!

Buoy
03-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I've been running AutoCad 2000i for the last 6 years.
I like it. I know it's older, but AutoCad makes you buy a new version every year, and licenses are expensive.
And it does everything I've needed it to do.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but it is something I could offer to do until I lock into a full time gig.

waybomb
03-08-2009, 11:47 PM
XR gears???? He could make a few bucks if they last as long (or longer) than the merc ones!!!

What's wrong with the Merc gears? Do you know what the design flaw is? He could make the gears any way you want.

tango
03-09-2009, 01:13 AM
:willy_nilly: sorry off topic, but ? waybomb, you have Plain Vanilla is it yours ? how did you come to own her ? used to go out with her original owner in Conn. and down in Key West during race wk. do you know why she is called Plain Vanilla ? she had Richie Z. engines back in her early days. Way KOOL. ;):):D

t500hps
03-09-2009, 06:54 AM
What's wrong with the Merc gears? Do you know what the design flaw is? He could make the gears any way you want.

Guess I should have worded it "can you make them cheaper"!!! (I just bought a set and will need another set next winter.

waybomb
03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
:willy_nilly: sorry off topic, but ? waybomb, you have Plain Vanilla is it yours ? how did you come to own her ? used to go out with her original owner in Conn. and down in Key West during race wk. do you know why she is called Plain Vanilla ? she had Richie Z. engines back in her early days. Way KOOL. ;):):D

Hi Tango

Yes, it's mine. I bought it about 4 years ago. The stiry of how I git is not clear. Seems somebody in Ohio bought it, flipped to some guys in Canada whi never used it, and I bought it from them.

Would love to know anything about the boat. I don;t know much about the history of it.

If you have some time, you could drop me a line at waybomb at hotmail dot com. with some stories, or even the original owner's contact info.

waybomb
03-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Guess I should have worded it "can you make them cheaper"!!! (I just bought a set and will need another set next winter.

I am sure he can. But I need a drawing and material spec, or an actual gear to copy.

Ratickle
03-09-2009, 07:44 PM
That's why I posted my original thread. My kid works in MasterCAM and AutoCAD. He also has access to all the machines and heat treating proceses to make just about anything.

If somebody has some parts, he'll make drawings for all to use. And he can make the parts. He can have gears made as well.

Took it wrong, thought you needed them. Check with Smitty and see what he has or needs.