PDA

View Full Version : Mark 4 roller cam Aluminum heads

ROGUE
10-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Looking for something like a 139011 roller cam and a pair of Edelbrock or similar oval port aluminum heads.

BY U BOY
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Looking for something like a 139011 roller cam and a pair of Edelbrock or similar oval port aluminum heads.

I di the GM performance aluminum heads and the zz502 cam on my MKIV and am pretty happy with the results.I also upped my compression to 10:1which with the 110cc heads makes it about 10.7:1

ROGUE
10-24-2008, 09:33 AM
I di the GM performance aluminum heads and the zz502 cam on my MKIV and am pretty happy with the results.I also upped my compression to 10:1which with the 110cc heads makes it about 10.7:1

Can you run regular 89 octane? I am only using the small dome pistons so I am closer to 9-1 compression. I think the 110 heads will get me where I want to be. Where did you get the heads and what did you pay for them if you dont mind me asking.

jeff1000man
10-24-2008, 09:20 PM
I have a set of the square port marine aluminum heads. Don't remember the number, but they have a fresh valve job, no springs or retainers. $900 plus shipping for the pair. THey flow about the same actually as the ovals. Use a square gasket with your ovla intake. The edelbrock head is really more for hot rods and stuff. They won't make much past 500 HP without a blower stacked on top of them. I have about 6 dyno pulls on this valve job. Have inconnel valves etc on them.

BY U BOY
10-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Can you run regular 89 octane? I am only using the small dome pistons so I am closer to 9-1 compression. I think the 110 heads will get me where I want to be. Where did you get the heads and what did you pay for them if you dont mind me asking.

I run 93 just to be safe.Asfar as price,I did some horse trading with the owner of a marine engine company. You can order the heads from any GM dealer.Check with some of the board members I amd sure there is someone that works or has ties with GM. Or you could save a few bucks and buy Jeff1000womens:biggrinjester: heads He has some good stuff and can put a nice package 2gether 4 ya.

Mrhorsepower1
10-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Please feel free to contact me.....I can help you with component selection and pricing.

Best Regards,

Dean Gellner

skaterboy
11-09-2008, 11:17 PM
I have the following parts to do two engines.

All came out of 525EFI (2006) with 70 hours:

Cams
Heads complete less rockers & valve covers
Pistons and piston pins
oil pumps
fuel pumps (mechanical only)
roller lifters
engine wiring harnesses
ECM's

Let me know if interested.

Ray

ROGUE
11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
I have the following parts to do two engines.

All came out of 525EFI (2006) with 70 hours:

Cams
Heads complete less rockers & valve covers
Pistons and piston pins
oil pumps
fuel pumps (mechanical only)
roller lifters
engine wiring harnesses
ECM's

Let me know if interested.

Ray

Not real familair with that engine but Im guessing a Gen 6. Cam probably doesnt have a fuel pump lobe. Are the heads aluminum ovals?

ROGUE
11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Ttt

imco offshore
11-06-2009, 05:58 PM
I have a set of the square port marine aluminum heads. Don't remember the number, but they have a fresh valve job, no springs or retainers. $900 plus shipping for the pair. THey flow about the same actually as the ovals. Use a square gasket with your ovla intake. The edelbrock head is really more for hot rods and stuff. They won't make much past 500 HP without a blower stacked on top of them. I have about 6 dyno pulls on this valve job. Have inconnel valves etc on them.

jeff if you still have that big block core , i,d trade ya a set of springs, retainers,keepers,shims and guides for it,was a roller and they have about 40 hrs on them,, :USA: