PDA

View Full Version : Manning Trailers are the best.

BraceYourself
10-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Have owned myco, manning, and loadmaster. Manning trailers are better quality in my opinion.

Seafordguy
10-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I had a Manning under my Cafe when I bought it. Full boxed Steel - I hated that I couldn't keep it in a salt environment.

I called Manning to get a price on an Aluminum but the never called me back..... Doesn't matter, I probably couldn't have afforded it anyways.

Tony
10-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I had a Manning under my Cafe when I bought it. Full boxed Steel - I hated that I couldn't keep it in a salt environment.

I called Manning to get a price on an Aluminum but the never called me back..... Doesn't matter, I probably couldn't have afforded it anyways.

Thats why I like Loadmasters completely "open" construction, salt can not rot them from the inside out.

THEJOKER
10-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I'll need a new trailer soon for the 41. Who should I use?

cougarman
10-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't get me wrong Myco builds a beautiful trailer, but some times feel there following is more like the likes Nike, Puma etc.

I have had Mannings and the Build, Workmanship, and Quality are excellent.
Ron ( the owner ) is about as down to earth as they get, with great customer service. Not to mention his price is normally much lower than the compeditors.

Also marine trailers are not Manning's bread and butter, he builds everything from utility trailers to boat trailers, Fire trucks cabs etc. Maybe thats why they do so well, THEY JUST DO IT !

I would and will use them again!

Jon

Offshoredrillin
10-23-2008, 03:17 PM

same here, i called for a new aluminium to be built for my 20, spoke with him, said he would call back, that was 3 months ago... I'm ordering a myco.

Jassman
10-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Don't get me wrong Myco builds a beautiful trailer, but some times feel there following is more like the likes Nike, Puma etc.

I have had Mannings and the Build, Workmanship, and Quality are excellent.
Ron ( the owner ) is about as down to earth as they get, with great customer service. Not to mention his price is normally much lower than the compeditors.

Also marine trailers are not Manning's bread and butter, he builds everything from utility trailers to boat trailers, Fire trucks cabs etc. Maybe thats why they do so well, THEY JUST DO IT !

I would and will use them again!

Jon

I have had 4 Myco's (not saying anything bad about Manning)..1 painted steel and 3 Aluminum, and 1 boat cradle with platform for my 43 Nor-Tech's. Myco, or I should say Bill Tweedie has always taken care of me. I had an issue on this last trailer, and they came and picked it up, fixed it with their new design, beefed it up, delivered it, and made me extremely happy in about two weeks. NOW..That is service. I will always have a Myco under my boat.:cool:
Jeff

Coolerman
10-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Structual integerty of our manning is excellent. I met the owner of Manning breifly when I was at the BT plant, and he seemed like a real nice, stand up guy.

Wrinkleface
10-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Had 1 under my 382 Formula, very solid, towed great, boat loaded at the launch great!

Edward R. Cozzi
10-29-2008, 08:20 AM
We don't see many Manning trailers here compared to Myco. Both look great, but Bill Tweedie will call you back!

Competition will make everybody better, so keep up the good work, Manning, and CALL YOUR CUSTOMERS BACK!

THEJOKER
10-29-2008, 08:37 AM
We don't see many Manning trailers here compared to Myco. Both look great, but Bill Tweedie will call you back!

Competition will make everybody better, so keep up the good work, Manning, and CALL YOUR CUSTOMERS BACK!

My past experience w/ Bill Tweedie was excellent.

45Sonic
10-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Ron Manning is no longer the owner. Ken (can't remember his last name) is the new owner. Ron is still involved and he was the person who helped in the construction of our Sonic trailer. Beautiful trailer handles great and fits just as good. We have had Myco also and was not overly impressed with a few things about the trailer. It is gone now but I don't think I would go out of my way to buy another one - Myco that is. Personal preference.

Ratickle
10-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Ron Manning is no longer the owner. Ken (can't remember his last name) is the new owner. Ron is still involved and he was the person who helped in the construction of our Sonic trailer. Beautiful trailer handles great and fits just as good. We have had Myco also and was not overly impressed with a few things about the trailer. It is gone now but I don't think I would go out of my way to buy another one - Myco that is. Personal preference.

Nice trailer Bill. I also have a Manning under the BT I bought, (used to be Bill's). Great trailer, extremely well built. I did not know Ron is not the owner anymore. If you want, I could probably get ahold of him to find out what is going on.

Dock Holiday
10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
The Manning looks great for sure.

I have had such excellent luck with Myco that I will stay with them.

I'm on my third and I like aluminum but I guess as long as they start with an "M" it is okay.

Good luck and enjoy.

BGIII
10-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I have only owned a Manning so I have no personal comparitive experience. I am very happy with it and the service I received. Mine was purchased through Ron a few years ago, I was unaware of an ownership change.

boatme
10-30-2008, 06:44 AM
There have been a number of changes at Manning but the good news is Ron is still there and he builds a great trailer. He is just not real good at any other part of the business, and he is the first to admit that

I purchased the Manning Marine from Ron a number of years ago (2002) after doing some sales work for him on the side for a couple of years. I owned and ran Manning for around one year (Ron continued to work for me) There were a number of issues in our purchase agreement that Ron did not fully disclose or weren’t fully evident until I took over. After a year of running the operation neither one of us were happy with the way things were going so I sold the company back to Ron and we remain friends today

Ron then sold the business again last year, (the new owner came to see me to discuss before he purchased it) and I have heard recently that that this guy walked away and the company is in Ron’s hands again

Let me tell you this. The Manning trailer is every bit as nice and sturdy as a MYCO (Myco is a great trailer by the way) The difference is the cost is less with Manning and so is the fluff and buff. The shop is nothing special but it produced good product

Ron is a good old boy who is better building trailers than he is at running a business
He is not fast and some of his measuring techniques are a bit archaic but the end result is more often than not an OVERBUILT trailer at a reasonable cost

Ron made some mistakes when he first started building aluminum trailers a few years ago since he was used to building all steel. But Ron has gotten over those challenges and now makes a great aluminum product as well

If I were buying a trailer today I would buy a Manning or a Myco. Most likely a Manning for the price point as i dont see much differance beyond price at the end of the day

boatme
10-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Interesting side note

I had Manning build me a cradle to put on my lift after I sold the Scarab KV I had it build to fit the bottom of my new Black Thunder back in 1998
It was the first one Ron built and was before Myco was building them
I believe we started that part of the market ( I might be wrong but I don’t think so)
I had never seen this before and basically told Ron to build me a trailer minus wheels, axels, lights, and a tongue
Worked well and when I sold the BT I sold the rack for what i paid for it to some guy in Ohio

Ahhhh memories :)

Offshoredrillin
10-30-2008, 07:25 AM
There have been a number of changes at Manning but the good news is Ron is still there and he builds a great trailer. He is just not real good at any other part of the business, and he is the first to admit that

I purchased the Manning Marine from Ron a number of years ago (2002) after doing some sales work for him on the side for a couple of years. I owned and ran Manning for around one year (Ron continued to work for me) There were a number of issues in our purchase agreement that Ron did not fully disclose or weren’t fully evident until I took over. After a year of running the operation neither one of us were happy with the way things were going so I sold the company back to Ron and we remain friends today

Ron then sold the business again last year, (the new owner came to see me to discuss before he purchased it) and I have heard recently that that this guy walked away and the company is in Ron’s hands again

Let me tell you this. The Manning trailer is every bit as nice and sturdy as a MYCO (Myco is a great trailer by the way) The difference is the cost is less with Manning and so is the fluff and buff. The shop is nothing special but it produced good product

Ron is a good old boy who is better building trailers than he is at running a business
He is not fast and some of his measuring techniques are a bit archaic but the end result is more often than not an OVERBUILT trailer at a reasonable cost

Ron made some mistakes when he first started building aluminum trailers a few years ago since he was used to building all steel. But Ron has gotten over those challenges and now makes a great aluminum product as well

If I were buying a trailer today I would buy a Manning or a Myco. Most likely a Manning for the price point as i dont see much differance beyond price at the end of the day

thats good to know, as my 20 is in ohio, and I would love to have nykamp bring it down to toledo... maybe I'll make another call.

stecz20
10-30-2008, 10:29 AM
thats good to know, as my 20 is in ohio, and I would love to have nykamp bring it down to toledo... maybe I'll make another call.

you do that....

MidnightRider
11-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Marc- I just always thought Manning needed marketing, I thought you would bring that place to the next level. I have had 4 trailers from Ron and Pam, one for my Baja, my buddies Checkmate, my Fountain, and a friends 38 Donzi. You could just walk into that dungeon and tell him what you needed. He also helped me this past summer on my 38 Formula sale getting a C of O on a manning it sat on. He and Pam are great people, really just a couple of country folk to say it nicely. Ron was actually the person who taught me how to run a tripple back in 01' when I bought my Fountain. I went from a Baja 250 Sport to a 42 Fountain with trip 650's at about 94 mph. I went up to his shop for advice, and he was great. (Ron owned a 42 trip Sonic for years) I'll always remember Ron's advice, really good people. MR

Team Tsunami
11-28-2008, 01:27 AM
We love our Manning trainler. Bought it new last year. Have had Myco's in the past and I dont think they are worth the money they get for them.

stecz20
11-28-2008, 01:53 AM
We love our Manning trainler. Bought it new last year. Have had Myco's in the past and I dont think they are worth the money they get for them.

what makes you say that????

Team Tsunami
11-28-2008, 02:27 AM
That the trailers are basically the same therefore the extra 4-5k is not worth it.

Quinlan
12-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Didnt even see this post till today. Just took delivery of one for the Top Gun TODAY!!! It looks like an exceptionally well built trailer and now feel even better going with Manning.

BobbyB
12-16-2008, 10:10 PM
I was at manning a year ago picking up a alum black thunder trailer and Ron was a very nice guy to deal with.

Quinlan
12-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Well I have got the package home now and the manning pulls execellent. And the Electric over hyd is the shizzel no more banging like the surge brakes. O and the Ciggie looks pretty good too!!!
Quinlan

OldSchool
12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Well I have got the package home now and the manning pulls execellent. And the Electric over hyd is the shizzel no more banging like the surge brakes. O and the Ciggie looks pretty good too!!!
Quinlan

Congrats on the purchase. Pictures Man, we need pictures!!:sifone: