PDA

View Full Version : Hotel.com Bad, very bad

TCEd
03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Although Hotels.com isn't a boating site a lot of boaters travel and I suggest not using there services.
We had a reservation in Pittsburgh, Pa recently, we checked in and went out and retuned late that night to find out there was no heat in the room. Called front desk to find out the rooms heat would not be on that night and all other rooms were sold out.
Called Hotels.com to get another room somewhere in town and the agent in Manila, Phillapeans(sp) was no help.
Called back to get a refund and was :
1. transfered to a fax machine
2. transfer to someone who couldn't help
3. put on hold for 20 minutes.
Hung up called again and got a agent in El Salvador who :
1. Did nothing because she didn't understand what I wanted
Gave up for the night and move to another hotel on our own.
Three days later called and got someone in the USA, explained problem and he transfered me.....................yes to Manila again.
I asked the agent in Manila if she could get someone in America to talk with and she said " You better pray to God if you want to speak to a American " .
I told her to perform intercourse on herself.
Finally on day four I got someone in Manila again who processed a refund.
Afterwards I contacted Chase bank to Dispue payment also.
Stay away from Hotels.com.
ed

Chris
03-04-2009, 08:55 AM
I've never saved a nickle booking through a 3rd party service. I use Expedia to find the rooms, then book directly.

Bgchuby01
03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I travel alot and am using priceline and bidding on the cost, I am getting 4 star rooms in fort lauderdale for 65.00. the only problem is you can not cancel after you book. But I get 300 dollar rooms for 65 to 70 dollars

Pachanga
03-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Priceline is outstanding if you know the area and hotel availability. I go to a convention in the inner harbour of Baltimore 3 times a year. 90% of the time I am successful on priceline. I was staying at the Rennisance one time paying $51/night. Was talking with a couple at the pool that was paying $400/night!