PDA

View Full Version : Northern Races

ar15meister
03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Whats the closest the racing gets to Toronto?

I wanna go see one.

Offshore Ginger
03-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I could be wrong and im sure someone will correct me if i am Metro Beach Detroit Mich. :sifone:

scottc
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
How about St. Claire?

glassdave
03-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Yep, St Clair is one to hit for sure. If you want to get in a bunch of racing at one time come down for the week and catch the race at Harrison race on July 25-26th than St Clair August 1-2nd.

ar15meister
03-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Cant do St Clair thats a big weekend up North for me.

Where is the harrison one and who races?

Perlmudder
03-03-2009, 12:41 PM

I wanna go see one.

i was just thinking about that the other day adam. i put it on my list of summer goals, along with building a go kart, and deep frying bacon...

glassdave
03-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Cant do St Clair thats a big weekend up North for me.

Where is the harrison one and who races?

OPA has those two races back to back and many racers come out for the week so it has a pretty good showing. Last years event was a great event and at this years there is a big VIP boat at the start finish line you can get a spot on pretty reasonably. This was posted by Dean on another thread.

"Sign your friends and family up for the best seats at any race.
Harrison Offshore VIP Package. July 24-26 2009

VIP Package #1
You will be aboard the Clinton Friendship while anchored as the start / finish line boat. There is no better way to watch the race and no way to get closer to the action without being in a race boat. The Friendship has a full service bar, on board food and entertainment. There is nothing better than enjoying a day at the races up close and personal with all the comforts of home. Contact Dean Howard to reserve your spot today.

VIP Tickets to the racers party
VIP Seating on the Start / Finish Line boat
Free Food during the event / cruise
Free Drink during the event / cruise
OPEN BAR
$ 85.00 pr seat.

Call Dean Howard at 810 305-8787 to book your seat today

VIP Package #2
You will be aboard the Clinton while anchored as the first turn boat. There is no better way to watch the race and no way to get closer to the action without being in a race boat. The clinton offers you a chance to save a couple bucks while getting closer to the action than you may have thought possible. Bring your own cooler and enjoy a day at the races.

Tickets to the racers party
Seating on the Clinton Turn Boat.
Bring your own cooler!
$45.00 pr seat.

Call Dean Howard at 810 305-8787 to book your seat today

Boats courtesy of the Clinton River Cruise Company"

And heres a link to the race website

http://www.harrisonoffshore.com/

ar15meister
03-03-2009, 02:27 PM
thanks glassdave

I am considering doing this and because of the close proximity I might bring my own boat.

Would that be a pain in the butt or are there alot of facilities closeby?

ar15meister
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
i was just thinking about that the other day adam. i put it on my list of summer goals, along with building a go kart, and deep frying bacon...

Deep fried bacon sounds like ring of fire waiting to happen...too dangerous be careful......

glassdave
03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
thanks glassdave

I am considering doing this and because of the close proximity I might bring my own boat.

a few other items of interest with the Harrison race. I believe there is also a poker run put on by Sunsation and also Dean is probably needing turn boats if you want to get even closer to the action. Give him a call and he'll fill you in on the details. :cool:

phragle
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
there is also the port clinton deal being put together....

tsp
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM

I wanna go see one.

Scarborough Bluffs. I'll race you. You will have a great view...of the back of my boat.

Perlmudder
03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I remember they did the races in Toronto one year. why aren't they doing it again?

Perlmudder
03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Scarborough Bluffs. I'll race you. You will have a great view...of the back of my boat.

thems be fightin' words!

2TR
03-03-2009, 04:59 PM
thanks glassdave

We would love to have you come out and volunteer your time as a turn boat, or a patrol boat. But if you would like to attend and just watch you can't go wrong with a seat on the start finish line boat. For under 100 Bucks you get a seat so close to the action you can feel it, Lunch, Open bar, clean private restrooms and a nice shady seat. But if thats not you Beacons Cove Marine has wells for rent and Metro Beach is one great facility with a par 3 golf course, putt-putt, water park, picnic area and much more..

Feel free to check the web site for more information
www.harrisonoffshore.com

Thanks
Rick K

ar15meister
03-03-2009, 05:07 PM

and you are???

ar15meister
03-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Here is a picture of my transom.... which Pantera do you own?

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/ar15meister/ThePantera-MaidenVoyage065.jpg

ar15meister
03-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I remember they did the races in Toronto one year. why aren't they doing it again?

I heard some sketchy stuff went down with money and a promoter...not trying to stir the pot thats what I heard on an old OSO thread.

I wish they did have them in Toronto again...that would be an awesome party dude if they marketed it right.

Airpacker
03-03-2009, 05:19 PM
The last thing I want to see is YOUR transom Adam. Your GF's maybe but definately NOT YOURS :)

PS, please post smaller pics ( 800 x 600 ) max so the thread doesn't blow out.

Perlmudder
03-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I heard some sketchy stuff went down with money and a promoter...not trying to stir the pot thats what I heard on an old OSO thread.

I wish they did have them in Toronto again...that would be an awesome party dude if they marketed it right.

that sucks. the party would be sick, you have your choice of pubs, bars, clubs and restauarnts!

ar15meister
03-03-2009, 05:28 PM
The last thing I want to see is YOUR transom Adam. Your GF's maybe but definately NOT YOURS :)

PS, please post smaller pics ( 800 x 600 ) max so the thread doesn't blow out.

Hey shouldnt you be locking keys inside a truck or something???

And BTW with the motor you are going to have I am pretty sure you wont have to worry about my transom or many others for that matter.....:sifone:

tsp
03-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Pantera? I just liked the logo. This is my wave crusher...

tsp
03-03-2009, 08:31 PM
On a serious note. We should get together some fast boats for some fun times on Lake Ontario. There should be enough of us around T.O.

Perlmudder
03-03-2009, 09:11 PM
On a serious note. We should get together some fast boats for some fun times on Lake Ontario. There should be enough of us around T.O.

my boats not fast, but i know lots of hoochies!

ar15meister
03-04-2009, 09:24 AM
my boats not fast, but i know lots of hoochies!

even better!

glassdave
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM

I would look for Toronto race some time in the future. I know there has been talk of it, so it is being worked on. I heard a strong possibility, I believe there are some people up there pulling for it.

Sean H
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
it was a good time in toronto...

Sean H
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
more

tsp
03-12-2009, 06:49 PM
and you are???

ebony and ivory... can't we just get along?

AugiePensa
03-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Guys, it's all in the works. Do you all think Smitty, Louie The Rigger and I run our Businesses! Hell No! We just do OPA/The Jersey Boyz Stuff when we're not racing. All joking aside, Smitty and Louie have been to a meeting in Toronto 2 months ago, I got all the contacts we need from Poker Runs America and we'll see where the Sponsors will come from. At OPA/The Jersey Boyz we never sleep...well Smitty and Louie never sleep, my eyes are already closed.