PDA

View Full Version : Birkett's second try.

Brownie
03-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Made it! Virgin Atlantic II

MikeyFIN
03-29-2009, 02:47 PM
and some offtopic... mr Virgin aka Sir Richard Branson probably bought himself the Brawn GP team that took a double win today at their debut race in Formula1 !!!

nortech4play
03-29-2009, 03:02 PM
and some offtopic... mr Virgin aka Sir Richard Branson probably bought himself the Brawn GP team that took a double win today at their debut race in Formula1 !!!

Yes there were pretty impressive but I wonder when the rest of the top teams start using a similar rear diffuser if they will be as dominate....seems like that made the biggest impact.

Vettle was the fastest one who did the best without one until he and Kubica had some brain fade late in the race and took each other out...

MikeyFIN
03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
OFFtopic
Nico Rosberg... son of KEKE took the fastest lap... the one time before a debut team has taken a double win happened 1954 ..also with Mercedes engines...

Brownie
03-29-2009, 04:11 PM
I am a major F1 fan. The technology makes other motorsports look like kindergarten.

Anchored
03-29-2009, 09:50 PM
I was surprised, The KERS didn't seem to be a big factor.

Jeff

nortech4play
03-29-2009, 11:22 PM
I was surprised, The KERS didn't seem to be a big factor.

Jeff

So was I with all of the talk about it in the off season...personally I think the new cars look like re-badged A1GP cars....pretty fugly if you ask me....nothing very sexy about the race today...

T2x
03-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I am a major F1 fan. The technology makes other motorsports look like kindergarten.

Amen brother......... This should be an interesting year..... as KERS development and diffuser redesign separates the men from....... their money :D

shifter
03-30-2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAdsyHOlLQE

For you "vintage F1 fans" back in the good old bad days. T2x can you do a voiceover????

It was good to see Virgin jump into F1. I pray for rain every F1 race weekend or new rules. Kers cars and refueling!!!!!!:sifone:

pat W

T2x
03-30-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAdsyHOlLQE

I pray for rain every F1 race weekend or new rules.

pat W

Pat:

You gotta love the rain...... They may be the best drivers in the world but I wouldn't bet on any of them in a hydroplane race......... ;)

Steve Miklos
03-30-2009, 03:08 PM
I hate to see refueling leave F1. The moves are finacially needed but you will see early 80's run's on one set of tires with engineers controlling the pace. Was surprised to see higher pitlane speed limit and Sc rules with refueling bans coming.
Steve

Steve Miklos
03-30-2009, 03:21 PM
So was I with all of the talk about it in the off season...personally I think the new cars look like re-badged A1GP cars....pretty fugly if you ask me....nothing very sexy about the race today...

I thought KERS did matter Kubica and Vettle are good and the only non KERS guys that really had good long runs. With the super softs you could save the rears a little on exit and use KERS once hooked up. Kubica non KERS did beat Hiedfeld with KERS but that is common with those two. Nick drives well when his contract is up!

I like the graphic with the battery status.
I am not a Hamilton fan but he did have some nice passes as usual his racing luck was good also (truley). The sad fact is you need talent, great equipment and luck to be champion at most competitive motorsports.
Steve

Rik
03-30-2009, 06:19 PM
The funny thing about the KERS was that ONLY BMW and Renault confirmed they were going to be using it when in fact nearly all the field were using it. I guess they were trying to out psyche each other.

Alonso was not that impressed with KERS after the race, yet before hand he was happy with it in the interviews. Guess when your race sux nothing really matters.

Rear diffusers. Barrichello says his was broken when Heikki hit him in the rear and it made little difference??

This year is going to be great!

Dude! Sweet!
03-31-2009, 12:50 AM
So Hamilton up to 3rd and Vettel with a 10 spot penalty...

T2x
03-31-2009, 08:17 AM
So Hamilton up to 3rd and Vettel with a 10 spot penalty...

For what....being chopped by Kubica??????

T2x

Steve Miklos
03-31-2009, 08:25 AM
For what....being chopped by Kubica??????

T2x

Basically yes. But I am biased! I have never been a Ron Dennis fan. Vettle's tires were gone and it was pretty clear Kubica was going past. Kubica could have been more patient but I think he was looking at Rueben's times and wanting to go see him before the end of the race.
Steve

Dude! Sweet!
03-31-2009, 07:51 PM
And then a $50k slap on the wrist for driving a torn up car around the track and putting carbon fiber shards everywhere, to top his day off.

Rik
03-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Basically yes. But I am biased! I have never been a Ron Dennis fan. Vettle's tires were gone and it was pretty clear Kubica was going past. Kubica could have been more patient but I think he was looking at Rueben's times and wanting to go see him before the end of the race.
Steve

Hamilton really has one skill above all others. LUCK. Which is worth more than any other as lots of people have proven to be luckier than good and it pays the same at the end of the day.

Kubica made a very optimistic attempt at best, and as some of the past racers would have said (and Webber too) I am not getting paid for 3rd place if I am racing in 2nd place. So he has an obligation to the team to do his best at all times. Kubica had a good tire call as he was no where earlier in the race. He could have been patient as he was nearly 3's faster a lap at that point with 3 laps to go.

T2x
04-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Hamilton really has one skill above all others. LUCK. Which is worth more than any other as lots of people have proven to be luckier than good and it pays the same at the end of the day.

Isn't Hamilton Barack Obama's long lost twin brother.........?

Luck seems to run in that family........

T2x

Rik
04-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Isn't Hamilton Barack Obama's long lost twin brother.........?

Luck seems to run in that family........

T2x

I should pass on commenting on that one. :rofl:

Steve Miklos
04-02-2009, 08:34 AM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74146

Dude! Sweet!
04-02-2009, 01:00 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74146

I saw it early this morning and thought it was a left over April Fools joke...

shifter
04-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party:

No joke is the best news.

pat W

Rik
04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
This is too funny. As I said, this is going to be the best season in years!!

They are talking of excluding Hamilton for the season for deception to the FIA. This season has started off with a BANG and McLaren is screwed as Kovalainen sux.

T2x
04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
This is too funny. As I said, this is going to be the best season in years!!

They are talking of excluding Hamilton for the season for deception to the FIA. This season has started off with a BANG and McLaren is screwed as Kovalainen sux.

Excluded for the season?????? For Lying???????

There' still hope. Maybe we can disqualify Obama.

T2x

Dude! Sweet!
04-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Excluded for the season?????? For Lying???????

There' still hope. Maybe we can disqualify Obama.

T2x

The FIA doesn't like the competition (as far as being the only liars in F1 :sifone: )

Rik
04-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Hamilton is in a peculiar situation at this moment. He publically made statements of one fact, the radio transmissions confirm those statements and the team are telling a different story. Then BAM, the FIA starts for once to open their ears, some half wit puts 2 + 2 together and now Team McLaren and Hamilton were proved to be liars, intentionally misleading the FIA of all people and now Whitmarsh has to come and try to cover Hamilton's lies so that he does not get excluded from the 09' season.

Whitmarsh is having a hard first year:biggrinjester:

Brownie
04-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Better get some rest, kids, practice is in 8 hours in Malaysia........

tunnelvision69
04-03-2009, 07:22 AM
so he told a little obama, whats the big deal? whole season seams a little harsh.

Steve Miklos
04-03-2009, 07:31 AM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74202

Rik
04-03-2009, 01:19 PM
What at TOOL! He turns it all on someone else's shoulders to blame for him not telling the truth.

The new buz word

" I was misled" about what I DID!:dupe:

shifter
04-06-2009, 01:53 AM
See rain and Kers....... just need Bernie to fork up the money for the extra tv time so we could see the second half of the race:leaving:

pat W.

MikeyFIN
04-06-2009, 08:30 PM
This season has started off with a BANG and McLaren is screwed as Kovalainen sux.

nope Kovalainen doesn´t but McLaren and Ron Dennis are all theirselves again...nothing but *-ups.

It took, what (?) 8 yrs for Häkkinen to be a Champion at McLaren....now Räikkönen on the other hand chose to switch teams and voilá...
McLaren sucks on the race strategy department Big time also on some other issues like spionage.
It´s the most British team ( read conservative ) ,sorry Brownie :sifone: and that´s a major setback..

PS. I´m leaving to England today for our teams debut race in the British Formula Ford series...previously we´ve been running WRC, GT3, STW and other tin top classes.

http://www.s2i.info/_OwnFiles/FormulaFord-Autosport-090306.pdf
http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/12283/

And back to topic.... sorry Brownie for Hijacking

What does Birkett do nowadays, been wondering what happened/ens with the Virgin Atlantic Challenge since day one.

Rik
04-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Well, little Obama is showing him the way and that might be down to favoritism but?

This is still the best season in years. Drama, excitement, surprises. Vettel will dominate if they change the diffuser rule.

MikeyFIN
04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Rik, didn´t you hear Obamas speech in Europe about being able to face every challenge if we all stick together, well first of all if we all do where´s the opponent ?
And secondly Ryan wasn´t a team player obviously according to the McLaren aka Ron Dennis etiquette...
If just McLaren would still be run by a McLaren things would look different.

* Remember when Ayrton Senna got ****ed at McLaren and raced only one race per contract...

Rik
04-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Senna had a race by race contract I remember, but cannot remember why but I do remember he was getting $1 mil/race back then.

Dennis is different for certain, but he brings a certain level of professionalism to the organization that is certainly needed.

It's all in Whitmarsh's hands. Unfortunately, he might be stepping down now.

Brownie
04-07-2009, 08:41 AM
MF, no offense (or in your case, no offence). When I was at Cougar, we were owned by Toleman Group, who brought up Senna, Fabi, Warwick and others. When the team was sold to Benneton, it brought up Schumacher. Many of the top muckety mucks worked at TG Racing, including Ross Braun, I think. The team never did s**t. Not enough cheese, the one commodity that is totally irreplaceable.........

T2x
04-07-2009, 09:47 AM
MF, no offense (or in your case, no offence). When I was at Cougar, we were owned by Toleman Group, who brought up Senna, Fabi, Warwick and others. When the team was sold to Benneton, it brought up Schumacher. Many of the top muckety mucks worked at TG Racing, including Ross Braun, I think. The team never did s**t. Not enough cheese, the one commodity that is totally irreplaceable.........

Ah yes, but so many of those guys got a lot of Roquefort in the subsequent years. It's good to be in Formula One............ if you don't get electrocuted by the KERS.

shifter
04-07-2009, 01:11 PM
That was in 93 when M.Andretti was in and the Ford motor. Senna wanted to fight for the championship and he knew he had no chance. Then he moved to Williams with the cut in pay knowing they could deliver a car and a teamate. That year sucked.

pat W