PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus

Brownie
03-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Peter Birkett confirmed that these pix were taken while the boat was being loaded for shipment here, and NOT after it was finished. It apparentlly never was. It was going to be a giant "Cat Man".

Dude! Sweet!
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Looks like something out of a Bond movie.

Sean Stinson
03-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Whats the specs Brownie

Steve 1
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
If it was the one Michelle was having built at Cougar the deck came forward of the Sponson tips to a shallow point ,it kind of looked like a Vee Bottom looking down at it.

Rik
03-04-2009, 05:12 AM
I was at the auction when they dismantled the project. Bob Idoni was involved and it sure was strange looking in person. Was setup for Turbines and Arnesons.

Someone purchased the hull with the intentions for a "party charter" in the FL inter coastal.

T2x
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Idoni worked on that project for nearly 10 years....in a shop near Bobby Moore's old place (I think Sirois was in there as well.)

It was probably 80% done when Michelle pulled the plug.

I got a tour of the boat from Bobby I. when I went down for Smitty's funeral. It was your basic James Bond inspired toy.......pretty awesome.

T2x

FastDonzi
03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Idoni worked on that project for nearly 10 years....in a shop near Bobby Moore's old place (I think Sirois was in there as well.)

It was probably 80% done when Michelle pulled the plug.

I got a tour of the boat from Bobby I. when I went down for Smitty's funeral. It was your basic James Bond inspired toy.......pretty awesome.

T2x

I Thought Michele pulled the plug on that project Waaayyyyy before Smitty passed. Like 10 years, didn't smitty pass in 95-96? I thought that boat got the ax in the 80's. They must have secretly kept working on it.

T2x
03-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I Thought Michele pulled the plug on that project Waaayyyyy before Smitty passed. Like 10 years, didn't smitty pass in 95-96? I thought that boat got the ax in the 80's. They must have secretly kept working on it.

Nope...it was still an "active" project at Smitty's death, which was probably '93 or so. At that point Bob Idoni had cut back on the number of days/month he put into it because Meynard had reduced the monthly budget, but it was proceeding.

AIR TIME
03-27-2009, 10:54 PM
smitty smith was at the 94 kw worlds when tom flipped, he was in a yellow cat cougar or cuv I think 38 or 40, I think spirit of canada, or had a beer name on it, I talked to him about joes cuv, smithy passed away I am thinking around 96, I have it somewhere, I was shocked he was a funny guy at least to me. this is a great set of threads on this page thank you to the icons.

T2x
03-30-2009, 09:25 AM
smitty smith was at the 94 kw worlds when tom flipped, he was in a yellow cat cougar or cuv I think 38 or 40, I think spirit of canada, or had a beer name on it, I talked to him about joes cuv, smithy passed away I am thinking around 96, I have it somewhere, I was shocked he was a funny guy at least to me. this is a great set of threads on this page thank you to the icons.

You are correct, Smitty was at the race when Gentry flipped. Sadly he passed soon afterward.