PDA

View Full Version : The OSS Worlds are a GO in October

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Just in from: Campbell Racing

The OSS Worlds are a GO in October in Palm Beach County. I'll know for sure this week which city. My first choice is Jupiter. Everyone I've met with in both the city and county government offices has been gracious and accommodating, and they're actually excited about having the event come to their area. What a change from Kenner!

Tentative schedule of events:

Geico Triple Crown Presents Tropic Thunder, the 2009 OSS World Championship Offshore Powerboat Races!

October 21 - 25, 2009

Racers and fans will party like rock stars at the street party Friday evening, Oct. 23. Location TBD. Several venues are vying for this opportunity.

Race village and wet pits: Burt Reynolds Park.

Testing in the a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Racing in the afternoon Saturday and Sunday.

Course: Jupiter Inlet to the Juno Pier.

Bring your "A" game to this event. You'll be racing both Saturday and Sunday. And the Jupiter Inlet isn't for sissies.

This event is an INVITATIONAL to ALL race teams, and it's an opportunity to say thank you to John Haggin for his support of teams, organizations and the sport in general.

Some of the proceeds will benefit Toys for Tots, a charity that John Haggin supports in Palm Beach County.

Thank you to Geico, Miss Geico Racing Team and especially John Haggin for their sponsorship and support. And thank you to the Palm Beach County Sports Commission for awarding a grant to my company to produce this event.

More details as they become available.

MOBILEMERCMAN
03-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Great news Tim

Great work Lou Anne

catmando
04-08-2009, 12:11 AM
I would hope that every team racing this year, SBI OPA GLOPRA, POPRA, can make this tribute race. John deserves to have you there.