PDA

View Full Version : Adjust time for board activity before re-log in required?

BlackJack58
03-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Is there any way you guys can increase the time allowed for no activity before you have to log in again? I recently took ten minutes or more to compose some [slightly longer] posts, ands when I went to post, the board had kicked me off, causing me to have to log in again. I lost everything I wrote, and was too pizzed off to bother writing it again. It might be possible for people to read without posting, or step away form the computer, or take some time to think before they write [yeah, I know--unusual here] :rofl: and the extra time would be appreciated.

Buoy
03-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Not sure how I did it, But my main computer stays logged in all the time (running Firefox).
The laptop requires me to log-in as does my work computer.
Running IE on both of these machines.
I'm thinking you might be able to change the settings on your end.

cosmic12
03-01-2009, 11:51 AM
I have heard about this from another member and I asked if he had turned on the remember me section in windows for log in's. He said no and didn't want to do so and still has the problem. I have mine on and have never been booted off and it sometimes stays on all day long.

Ratickle
03-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I have heard about this from another member and I asked if he had turned on the remember me section in windows for log in's. He said no and didn't want to do so and still has the problem. I have mine on and have never been booted off and it sometimes stays on all day long.

Same here.

Chris
03-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Never had the issue- I'll pass this to the Tech people.

stecz20
03-04-2009, 09:09 AM
i think if you clear your cookies and dont store your passwords it kicks you off... i have no passwords saved in my comp and i have to sign back on once and a while... i dont think its on the boards end, but i could be wrong...

Perlmudder
03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Not sure how I did it, But my main computer stays logged in all the time (running Firefox).
The laptop requires me to log-in as does my work computer.
Running IE on both of these machines.
I'm thinking you might be able to change the settings on your end.

ya i run firefox and it remembers my pw and never boots me.

cigdaze
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
You have to check the "remember me" button...otherwise, of course the PW will expire depending on your local computer browser settings.

Chris
03-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Turns out there was an idle-time logout. It's been doubled to 30 minutes

BlackJack58
03-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks, guys. For privacy reasons, I often click "do not remember my password" in the browser at login...so I thought that was a possible reason, but the idle-time issue sounds more like it. I suppose I spend too much time thinking...not enough drinking. Have to fix that! :26:

PS: Please add the new "deluxe" broccoli to the smilies! :rofl: