PDA

View Full Version : Bravo 1.50 gears

glassdave
02-27-2009, 08:09 PM
look'in for a set of 1.50 gears for an HP Bravo. Anyone know if XZ or XR gears are compatible? Thanks all :cool:

eichhoma
02-28-2009, 09:49 AM
to my understanding they are. I heard from a couple people on another forum that you can rebuild an HP bravo with XR internals. However, those are straight cut gears and you will actually lose 3-4 mph turning them becasue they are harder to turn. But in turn, they are harder to break. I would consider xz gears, since they are an upgrade, but you wont lose the mph.... someone correct me if I am wrong. Mark

glassdave
02-28-2009, 10:31 AM
yes i think you are correct. Heard the same about the helical cut versus the straight cut. I'm not putting a lot of power on them so helical cut is fine they are stock 525SC's. Wonder what the diff is between HP and XZ gears? The std gears did hold up fine for the last 225 hrs. and it was my bad when i lost one. Top cap on left hand drive walked out the bolts and i did not catch it. I always check that as part or regular service but forgot to and after i lost the gears found them loose. thanks

Mr Gadgets
03-01-2009, 01:08 AM
The XZ gears are the thick floored gears and the input shaft is the same size as the XR, (splines on the yoke are larger). The teeth on the gears are the same between the Bravo HP and the XZ..

BradB
03-01-2009, 12:49 PM
The std gears did hold up fine for the last 225 hrs. and it was my bad when i lost one. Top cap on left hand drive walked out the bolts and i did not catch it. I always check that as part or regular service but forgot to and after i lost the gears found them loose. thanks

OR maybe you forgot to lift on the sticks?????:D

glassdave
03-01-2009, 03:29 PM
OR maybe you forgot to lift on the sticks?????:D

Me?? . . . . a professional throttle man . . . . never :D

Happened on one of the lunch runs out to the Bay. That was an expensive lunch right there :ack2:

JFM
03-08-2009, 08:41 PM
set of XR and XZ for sale, hate to say it but one the other site.

boomer35
03-17-2009, 03:54 PM
im looking for bravo 1 gears as well, (1.5)