PDA

View Full Version : Not marine related but good.

gerritm
02-26-2009, 11:07 AM
I have had 2 great customer services experiences in the past couple of weeks. :26::03:

The first one was with a company called Laserlyte. I bought a laser sight for my handgun and after installing it and shooting it one time it failed. I sent an e-mail to their CS and they asked to sent it back and they would replace it. I did not buy it from them directly, but thru a dealer. Within a week I had shipped the old one back and received the new one. I installed it this Saturday to go the range and this one had a problem with the elevation and windage screws being out of alignment. I sent another e-mail and they are sending out a pre-paid envelope to ship it back with another new one. Now it doesn't say much for thier quality control, but their customer service is excellent.

The other one was with my SS BBQ grill. I purchased a Ducane SS grill from Home Depot about 3 years ago and for the first year it was great. The unit has a 5 year full warranty that Ducane's CS explained to me. I didn't realize it was a complete warranty on the unit. I thought it was a year. Then the SS burners burned thru. I called Ducane's CS and they replaced them immediately. Ducane has been bought out by Weber. Weber is honoring all Ducane's warrantys. Everything else has been great and the BBQ is an excellent unit. Now each year within a month or so the burners burn thru and need replacing. Something defective with the design. Each year now I call them and they send out all of the replacement parts at no charge. I even know the CS rep by his first name and he recognizes my name when I call. Again doesn't say much for the design but at least they are taking good care of their customers. The CS rep even said they will continue to warranty the burners after the 5 years are up. Just thought I would share a good experience.

ChiefApache
02-26-2009, 04:21 PM
You're avatar is great!