PDA

View Full Version : Air tanks

Master Wrench
10-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to buy air tanks for Race boats? You know, oxygen tanks for a canopy boat.

Thanks!

Ted
10-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Might just hit a Scuba store near you. Any kind of shipping on those things is a ***** because of weight. And if you find them used they have to be inspected and current before they can be filled. They are just standard scuba tanks though. Who are yu building a canopy boat for, the bosss :D ????

Bad Idea Baja
10-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Go to a nursing home & roll some old folks!

Tony
10-22-2008, 06:34 PM
www.leisurepro.com

www.diversdirect.com has about the best deal on tanks but any mail order will have expensive shipping. As Ted said go to your local dive shop and look at pony bottles with inexpensive first and seccond stage regulators. FYI the tanks have to be visually inspected every few years and hydro tested every 5 years. Funny this came up I just drove an hour last night to buy a tank I bought off of craigslist.

Something like this may work for a race boat where very little emergency air is needed. http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SX27Y.html?Search=op%3ddtSearch%26Term%3dspare%2bair%26SearchFlag%3dall%26A dvSrchSortField%3dRelevance%26DescSort%3d0%26Description%3don%26Hit%3d1

scottc
10-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to buy air tanks for Race boats? You know, oxygen tanks for a canopy boat.

Thanks! Call me, I have some extras that need a home. They do need VIP's and Hydros. I will pm my number to ya