PDA

View Full Version : Mr Horsepower - Gellner Engineering

YankeY
02-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I know there are a lot of good performance motor builders out there, and Dean Gellner needs to be right at the top of the list. He’s currently working on my rebuilds, and has made it a great experience. There are a lot of motor horror stories out there (why I called Dean w <100 hrs), but Gellner has really been awesome to work with.
His knowledge and attention to detail is incredible. Dean’s worked hard to give us the most bang for the buck, and helped us put the money where it counts. He’s just a no BS kind of guy and has been upfront from the beginning - he’s actually been the voice of reason a few times and helped keep money in my pocket (I’m sure he’ll get it eventually). Dean not only walked us through the process, but he always keeps me up-to-date with progress, and doesn’t mind (at least acts like he doesn’t mind) me stopping by the shop when I’m in town.
Dean and everybody at Gellner Engineering have always treated us great, and really helped make us comfortable, which has made this whole experience better than I could have imagined – and I really feel like we’ve made some new friends.
If you are considering something new, a rebuild or just a freshen, do yourself a favor and give Dean a call. It’s a small shop – and Dean personally ensures the highest quality and attention to detail, so you need to make sure and not wait until the last minute to call.
-Yankey

stecz20
02-20-2009, 11:05 PM
whos dean gellner???

AIR TIME
02-20-2009, 11:23 PM
You are 100% correct, I think Dean is the man, I decided to buy a 572 blower motor that was a part my buddy bought the sister motor 7months before me it was together built by a BIG NAMED boat racing Co. That motor ate a cam in 5 hours after it was replaced by the owner it lasted 3 to 5 more and was a mess. I had planned on sending mine to Dean after talking to TURBINE GURU Gerry KNOT RIGHT:sifone:. Dean had helped Gerry with some questons on his psi blower motors before in 06. So I called DEAN we hooked up and he found the problems that were in Mikes motor in mine DID THE PROPER MACHINE WORK ECT:sifone: and he is setting it up to be a plug and play he does have great depth of knowledge. I can't wait to see mine when its done its going to be air brushed too, and make a nuff to blow my drive:) if not careful. but its great with the office to, and I know some of the other race teams he has done motors for and they last all season and some for 3 or 4 seasons before being rebuilt racing at 6800 to 7000rpm on race gas. I know of a few who had others build there high compression 6800 rpm motors and they don't last a race:(.So to any 555 opa guys out there that want to be that 30superboat this year sorry mark:sifone:, have DEAN BUILD YOU a bad azz motor. oh it does not have to be high compression you can get a 9.5 to1 or abouts there that will haul azz to. if I have the money in the fall he will rework my 509 650hp motor and with a cam and intake carb change we should be knocking at 700hp. that motor was suppost to be built at 9.5 to 1 but I think my old builder here in mass phucked up and its 9.9 to1, I saw it writen on a dyno sheet to change gaskets. thats why DEAN is working on my stuff. oh one other thing if you are happy with your 502/509/540 na but you want a little more hp and tq you can buy a intake and carb from DEAN that he custom machines and pick up some extra ponies. and thats great for guys trying to break 80 and your at 77 or 78 poof you will be 80 or over. and if your at 87 trying for 90 or 98 trying for a 100. with his combo you will pick up that extra. so give DEAN a call and if your in a rush he can leave mine alone for a day or three. dean gellner at 216 398 8500 thats the shop phone.

AIR TIME
02-20-2009, 11:26 PM
whos dean gellner???

haahhahhhah love you man, do you still hit the chat rooms, I keep forgetting is it tuesday nights on oso or here or bf,I know its some where stinken pain pills:leaving::leaving: thats my brain leaving the room:sifone:

stecz20
02-21-2009, 03:11 AM
i love gellner too, but shhhhhh dont tell him i said so... i love calling his shop at 2 am and gettinghim all worked up... i go to bed, hegoes back to work.....lol

Pit
02-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Dean has done about 15 engines for us and our customers over the past couple of years.

Everyone involved are happy, loved the end product and knowledge they received from him.

inbetween
02-21-2009, 11:17 AM
i love gellner too, but shhhhhh dont tell him i said so... i love calling his shop at 2 am and gettinghim all worked up... i go to bed, hegoes back to work.....lol

When does he have time to work? He's busy.:biggrinjester:

Coolerman
02-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Dean was very helpful to us!

glassdave
02-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Yep . . . . Deans da man! . . . he is one meticulous mo-fo. :cool:

AIR TIME
02-22-2009, 10:21 PM

and you know there are nights DEAN will be out there at 2am just to keep everyone happy. and you can learn a lot from him as he takes the time to explain why one thing is better than the other. My old builder wants to go sailing all the time:blush5: has a 40ft blow boat, maybe thats why he was always late getting jobs done so we would not be at the marina making noise while he was drinking his morning coffee.

bajacleveland
02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I dont think he sleeps.

Mrhorsepower1
02-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Thank you for the nice words Yankee! I am looking forward to running this Bad Boy with you and Janelle this summer when it is all assembled! Your doing it the only way.........the right way!

Yes..........I sleep..............just not alot!:biggrinjester:

Mr.Horsepower

02-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey Dean, Did you ever do that big Ford project?

Some of the Big Ford guys are getting over 2hp per cubic inch with a tunnel ram and the Thor heads.

I read of one guy getting 1300hp with 630 inches. I think the RPMs were up there though (8500?)

stecz20
02-28-2009, 05:20 PM
thats bad ass.....

Mrhorsepower1
03-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Yes We have many BIG inch Ford power plants in Drag Race stuff. 664 cu.in - 706 cu.in. Many NOS stuff. I would love to do a couple for a boat!:sifone:

Ratickle
03-01-2009, 09:01 AM
My old builder has a 40ft blow boat

:ack2::ack2::ack2::ack2:

What's wrong with this picture.....

SCARAB3DMC
03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Thank you for the nice words Yankee! I am looking forward to running this Bad Boy with you and Janelle this summer when it is all assembled! Your doing it the only way.........the right way!

Yes..........I sleep..............just not alot!:biggrinjester:

Mr.Horsepower

dude did ya hear about Commodores ??GONE...My motor has two spun mains,:boxing_smiley: on the first one..stay tuned !!So I'm now next to Yankie @ Whiskey..Dave :sifone:

Mrhorsepower1
03-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Sorry to here about the main bearing issue Dave. :( That's good to hear you will be at Whiskey Island though! Good place!

customryder
03-02-2009, 06:42 PM
good smooth engines..

Mrhorsepower1
03-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks Jeff! Hope all is well my friend!!

causin trouble
03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey Dean what do these pics have in common with last season

its march and that's what my boat looked like last year ..help me out buddy its been (2/5/09)3 weeks since you told me we are gonna dino these motors I have all the faith you will make them run great but we still need to send the computors out and who knows how long that turn around will take..
My mechanic is ready to go downtown to help assemble the motors on the dino you told me you would call back...Don't forget about me...
I don't want to waste another spring installing them and having a 1/2 a season wasted ...remember my guy needs them back before everyone uncovers their boats and he gets swamped with work....

Dean your work is great but I can't waste another year man...

Mrhorsepower1
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I am on it Kevin.........Everything will come together and be totally dialed in brother!!........Then again you already know that!!:sifone: Thanks again for your support and ball bustin':D

stecz20
03-03-2009, 06:59 PM

its march and that's what my boat looked like last year ..help me out buddy its been (2/5/09)3 weeks since you told me we are gonna dino these motors I have all the faith you will make them run great but we still need to send the computors out and who knows how long that turn around will take..
My mechanic is ready to go downtown to help assemble the motors on the dino you told me you would call back...Don't forget about me...
I don't want to waste another spring installing them and having a 1/2 a season wasted ...remember my guy needs them back before everyone uncovers their boats and he gets swamped with work....

kev, this is how it usually works for me.....

hey dean, if my **** aint togetehr by next weekend, im gonna come down there on monday morning and bust you in the mouth.. then im gonna come tuesday again.. if my sh it aint doen im gonna bust you in teh mouth again.... then repeat the process until your sh it is done.....

hope this helps kev....:26::26:

YankeY
03-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Let me give this a shot....Dean pay close attention

Hey Dean, I am heading to Cleveland this weekend if my sh*t aint together by by this weekend, im gonna come down there on monday morning and bust you in the mouth.. then im gonna come down again Tuesday - if my sh*t still aint done im gonna bust you in the mouth again....I will continue this process until my sh*t is done

How's that

...See you this weekend Dean:sifone:

Mrhorsepower1
03-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Let me give this a shot....Dean pay close attention

Hey Dean, I am heading to Cleveland this weekend if my sh*t aint together by by this weekend, im gonna come down there on monday morning and bust you in the mouth.. then im gonna come down again Tuesday - if my sh*t still aint done im gonna bust you in the mouth again....I will continue this process until my sh*t is done

How's that

...See you this weekend Dean:sifone:

Your sh*t is already out in the middle of BrookPark Road..........:biggrinjester::26: HOW DO YOU LIKE ME KNOW??:sifone:

stecz20
03-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Your sh*t is already out in the middle of BrookPark Road..........:biggrinjester::26: HOW DO YOU LIKE ME KNOW??:sifone:

dean, you seem to have a lot of buddies that want to bust you upside your head... whats up with that???:dupe::dupe:

Mrhorsepower1
03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Your just a trend setter Stecz........:seeya:

stecz20
03-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Your just a trend setter Stecz........:seeya:

arent i though.......:26::26:

YankeY
03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I warned you...

and I will be back:sifone:

Thanks Stecz for teaching me the way

stecz20
03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I warned you...

for next time.. after you punch him in his mouth and he falls to the ground, kick him in the ribs till you hear a crack.... wait till he starts crying like a punk, then you take his pic... you're new at this kind of sh it, no big deal....:03::03:

stecz20
03-09-2009, 10:50 PM
oh i forgot, then its a good time to start asking where your money is....

Mrhorsepower1
03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Yankey..............I forgot to tell you the price goes up when you act like Stecz.........like DOUBLE!!:26::26::leaving::eek::sifone:

stecz20
03-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Yankey..............I forgot to tell you the price goes up when you act like Stecz.........like DOUBLE!!:26::26::leaving::eek::sifone:

after he kicks your ass, you have to start payinghim.. did you forget that part...:26:

Mrhorsepower1
03-10-2009, 11:38 AM
after he kicks your ass, you have to start payinghim.. did you forget that part...:26:

Not when I am undefeated.:rofl::rofl: Love ya Stecz

Indian Outlaw
03-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Yo Dean, you don't call anymore buddy:huh:

Indian Outlaw
03-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Running Strong

Mrhorsepower1
03-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I was thinking about you the other day Ike!! How are you bro? I will call you this week. I hope all is well!!:cool:

Mrhorsepower1
03-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I warned you...

I've been PUNKED! Yankey .............your just a Rat Bastard!

stecz20
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I've been PUNKED! Yankey .............your just a Rat Bastard!

boy!!!! you aint been punked unless me and my people are involved... if you come in one day and someone took a giant sh it on your work bench, yup it was me.....:26::26: deck of an mti, or gellners work bench, cant think of a better place to leave a steamer......:03::03:

gellner on day you will feel my wrath... it will sting, but only for a month or so... be ready punk..... stecz is coming, and masher will follow....:seeya::seeya:

Mrhorsepower1
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Whatever Stecz....................:03::03::gnorsi:

stecz20
03-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Whatever Stecz....................:03::03::gnorsi:

there is only one word that comes to mind when i think of you....VICTIM!!!!!!!!!:seeya::seeya:

causin trouble
05-27-2009, 10:52 PM

waiting/waiting/waiting no poker run again this June

bajacleveland
05-27-2009, 11:06 PM

And the run is out of your own marina.
Whats up dean? Did you stop working 14 hour days and go part time?
Had to help you Kevin bust some balls.

causin trouble
05-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Deans
been keeping in contact at least
he had to have a coupler made to put motors on the dyno
I'm just frustrated with the whole project..

customryder
05-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Dean how ya been man?

Jeff

sy goldberg
05-29-2009, 02:42 PM
I have no idea why STECZ even enters into any conversation mentioning horsepower and the worst thing he could possibly do to you is to get his lipstick on your zipper.:biggrinjester::biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

FULL FORCE
05-31-2009, 08:37 PM
That sucks Kevin......

SCARAB3DMC
06-01-2009, 07:34 AM
waiting/waiting/waiting no poker run again this june

get'er done.. Mine are in and fired !!!

SKRAMER
06-01-2009, 08:01 AM
get'er done.. Mine are in and fired !!!

Great to here!!! Hope Kevin can get his back in!!!

straightpriority
06-01-2009, 08:49 AM
fatboy

Mrhorsepower1
06-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Come and get the one and get it in the boat Kevin......

glassdave
06-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey Dean the motors ran great this past weekend in Ocean City. Thanks man, great job on them.

Mrhorsepower1
06-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks Dave!! It will be a great year!..........I told Ed if he needs a fill in driver I am in so we can let my power plants loose!! :sifone:

Mrhorsepower1
06-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Kevin.........by the way......Your chit is going on the dyno now.. That 572 blow thru carb Procharged package made 1525 HP at 6500 RPM bro!!! and still going up, the scaring part is I have another 1000 RPM to go with the engine. :sifone:

drpete3
06-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Kevin.........by the way......Your chit is going on the dyno now.. That 572 blow thru carb Procharged package mad 1525 HP at 6500 RPM bro!!! and still going up, the scaring part is I have another 1000 RPM to go with the engine. :sifone:

Now thats cool! You call it a Bravo eater?:drool5:

glassdave
06-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks Dave!! It will be a great year!..........I told Ed if he needs a fill in driver I am in so we can let my power plants loose!! :sifone:

lol . . where were ya this weekend? We could'a used ya :D

are you coming to Harrison or St Clair?

Mrhorsepower1
06-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Working this weekend bro. ........yes I will be at both Michigan races . Looking forward to seeing you!

YankeY
06-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Working this weekend bro. ........yes I will be at both Michigan races . Looking forward to seeing you!

That plumbing and stuff ain't going to run itself...quit f'ing around on the internet.

BTW aren't you going to give me some credit on the motors for Ed & Dave - I thought we had discussed this.

Mrhorsepower1
06-01-2009, 05:20 PM
That plumbing and stuff ain't going to run itself...quit f'ing around on the internet.

BTW aren't you going to give me some credit on the motors for Ed & Dave - I thought we had discussed this.

Just ordered more plumbing parts for you today brother!............ Ed has been a client of mine for over 8 years Yankey. ........engines are looking AWESOME!

Mrhorsepower1
06-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Just ordered more plumbing parts for you today brother!............ Ed has been a client of mine for over 8 years Yankey. ........engines are looking AWESOME!

BTW...........I haven't had time to f' around on the net because I am MAKING POWER!!:26::26::sifone:

stecz20
06-01-2009, 05:37 PM
fatboy

whos showing pics of my lady with out my permission.......:03::03::03:

those mills keep me up at night and gellner still likes to sniff pickles.....:seeya:

Mrhorsepower1
06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Dean how ya been man?

Jeff

Very good Jeff! Thanks! Just busy working a ton of hours building power. How have you been ? Do you still have the Cig? :seeya:

customryder
06-02-2009, 01:07 AM
Very good Jeff! Thanks! Just busy working a ton of hours building power. How have you been ? Do you still have the Cig? :seeya:

see Donzi owners thread...

Take care bro!

Mrhorsepower1
06-02-2009, 06:53 AM
I will check it out.

J-Bonz
06-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Dean,
Engines are running good, now gotta get them cleaned up.......
Jr.

Mrhorsepower1
06-13-2009, 10:13 AM
That is AWESOME to hear!! I really need to make time and get out of the shop and run that bad boy with you and your Dad, it will be a blast!! Thanks again for everything!! :sifone:

Mr.HP

YankeY
06-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Yankey,

Whats the status? I cant wait to see the new mills :cool:

Here's a sneak peek...this week everything should be and ready to finish.

Mrhorsepower1
06-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Basically the only thing that was re-used on Yankey's project was the cylinder block and crankshafts. Oil plumbing , marinizing, and all new wiring harness are being finished now. It wasn't a rebuild........it was a major upgrade, restoration, and revamp!! It's going to really compliment the nice ride that he has!!

Coolerman
06-14-2009, 01:47 PM

nice headers! :26:

LotoSteve
06-14-2009, 05:58 PM

Sweet :sifone: Great color choice too!

Mrhorsepower1
06-15-2009, 08:16 AM
:sifone::sifone:

HaxbySpeed
06-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the cam Dean! We just won the first weekend out. 6.60 @ 211mph on the soft tune up.. :driving::26:

Mrhorsepower1
06-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Whooohaaa!! Awesome! Thanks for all your support brother! :cool::driving:

Coolerman
06-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the cam Dean! We just won the first weekend out. 6.60 @ 211mph on the soft tune up.. :driving::26:

that's movin.... top sportsman class?

Mrhorsepower1
07-01-2009, 07:57 AM
that's movin.... top sportsman class?

You know it! Quick 8.