PDA

View Full Version : SS Cat Outboard.....

40FlatDeck
02-19-2009, 07:30 PM
There is one at Pier57......the AMT.

Riddle me this........

What is the budget for maybe half of the season??? :26:

Is this a decent boat???? I know there is another DW for sale but I like this.

I have raced professional mx and sx for over 10 years, have my SCCA license, won some regional shifter carts events, blah, blah......I feel I would be decent at this.

Thoughts???????:biggrinjester:

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Ryan Beckley probably knows the boat. SS is a great class and loads of fun.

Team Tsunami
02-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Ive asked Ryan about the boat and he knows it. I also saw it in person and it was a very nice ride! Im not sure how competitive it would be in SS running against the 32 Doug Wrights and newer Skaters.

40FlatDeck
02-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Ive asked Ryan about the boat and he knows it. I also saw it in person and it was a very nice ride! Im not sure how competitive it would be in SS running against the 32 Doug Wrights and newer Skaters.

I'm sure, but I'm not looking to try and win the thing.......yet.:sifone:

I'm thinking a good starting point.

Ryan Beckley
02-19-2009, 08:43 PM
This is a solid boat, VERY Clean and Fresh. The guy that owns it is ready to deal, last time I spoke to him. To run SS class you should be ready to spend about $5,000.00 per race including entry, fuel, maintence, hotels, food & travel. SS is a great group of guys and this boat would still run well with the right set up. We would love to have you out there racing.....let me know if I can help you at all.

stainless
02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm thinkin to be competitive in the class you need a new doug wright ???

stainless
02-19-2009, 09:20 PM
He's got some very interesting things he's talking about as far as bottom changes that sound very promising!

BobbyB
02-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Why not this one?
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446

ThrottleUp Props
02-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Hey Bobby,

I told a client of mine about the boat and gave him Jim contact info....just a heads up!

Julie

stainless
02-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Nice boat at a good price for sure, but it seems the new bottoms are sig faster than the older ones, and doug has some new ideas that have not been tried yet that seem like they will make the boat even faster and turn harder! I guess it just depends how competitive you want to be.

BobbyB
02-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey Bobby,

I told a client of mine about the boat and gave him Jim contact info....just a heads up!

Julie

Thanks Julie. I will let Jim know.

40FlatDeck
02-21-2009, 10:40 AM
This is a solid boat, VERY Clean and Fresh. The guy that owns it is ready to deal, last time I spoke to him. To run SS class you should be ready to spend about $5,000.00 per race including entry, fuel, maintence, hotels, food & travel. SS is a great group of guys and this boat would still run well with the right set up. We would love to have you out there racing.....let me know if I can help you at all.

Thanks for all the info guys.......:) The boat does look fresh. I know the DW's are sweet, I just like the AMT.

Were can I check the schedule for this year????

Ryan - I saw your boat at Skater last Tuesday, it looks like they are close.:sifone:

Ryan Beckley
02-21-2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/events.cfm

2TR
02-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Why not this one?
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446

This boat is a phenomenal deal and a better buy than the AMT IMHO (But you really cat go wrong with either)

Wahoo 214
02-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Having owned and race an AMT, I can tell you they can be very fast and competitive. That being said, do your homework, find out who laid it up, check the fuel tanks and look for places where the coring has separated from the glass mat. The best 30 DW AMT I have ever seen is for sale and it is the former BerryCuda. It was laid up by DW and is rock solid. It is also in absolutely perfect condition. The current owner goes by "On The Wick" on OSO.

40FlatDeck
02-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Having owned and race an AMT, I can tell you they can be very fast and competitive. That being said, do your homework, find out who laid it up, check the fuel tanks and look for places where the coring has separated from the glass mat. The best 30 DW AMT I have ever seen is for sale and it is the former BerryCuda. It was laid up by DW and is rock solid. It is also in absolutely perfect condition. The current owner goes by "On The Wick" on OSO.

Bingo!!! This is the boat...:sifone:

BobbyB
02-27-2009, 08:06 PM
There was a price drop on the 32 Doug Wright. http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/2005_32_039_doug_wright-o26046-en.html