PDA

View Full Version : 93 Top Gun upper dash configuration

insanity
02-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Trying to decide on GPS location for a 93 Top Gun, in the upper dash panel. Going to add a Garmin GPSMAP 620 (touchscreen), interested in which panel you would go with and why.

Me, I like option 3, the gps all the way to the left. I feel it gives more 'info at a glance', with the tachs next to each other in the center and the pertinent gauges stacked to glance at quickly, rather than having to look from one side of the panel to the other.

Perlmudder
02-17-2009, 06:37 PM
i like number one, but thats just because i like the look of symmetry.

MarylandMark
02-17-2009, 06:37 PM
#1 looks the best IMHO but the least functional

#3 gives you room to upgrade to a larger GPS in the future and/or have a navigator help you find where you are going

insanity
02-17-2009, 06:53 PM
#1 looks the best IMHO but the least functional

#3 gives you room to upgrade to a larger GPS in the future and/or have a navigator help you find where you are going

I agree. Number one is more 'form over function', in that it is the most appealing to the eye, but takes longer to scan the gauges and process. It's how things are laid out now, just with a speedo where the gps would go.

I like 3 for the same reason, navigator, and it puts the tachs next to each to help in keeping rpm's the same and the pertinent gauges together for quick processing. Least distracting layout when it comes to glancing at the gauges and then back to reading the waves. At least imo.

MarylandMark
02-17-2009, 07:05 PM
You could go with #1 is you went old school race style and make it so all the pointers point to high noon when reading normal levels

Davidmnc
02-18-2009, 12:16 AM
i like number one, but thats just because i like the look of symmetry.

I am with Perlmudder. I am all about symmetry, but it ain't my boat! :sifone:

stecz20
02-18-2009, 12:20 AM
i like it in the center..looks neat.....