PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Marine

VetteLT193
02-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Ordered $13.20 in breather tube connectors (the tiny ones that connect the tube to the base of the air cleaner), they charge $22.23 in shipping.

The web site doesn't calculate or give any indication of shipping, and even when you expect a high rate no one would expect a few ounces of stuff in a small padded envelope would EVER cost $22 to ship. Called them a couple times, they say they will call back and never do. The shipping was so astronomical they could have overnighted the envelope for less money.

To be quite frank, it is shady business practice. No more Eddie Marine for me. :boxing_smiley:

Sunsation96
02-17-2009, 03:11 PM
That is alot for shipping, but I am seeing this new practice more and more. Everyone will agree to charge the amount to box pack and ship but don't go over board. My work charges the same rate to everyone in the country, does not matter what the item is long as it is a replacement part of our unit they charge $5.00 anywhere. At first I thought they were crazy but the customers love it and what you lose on item A you make it up on item B

KENNYO
02-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I killed myself this week on S&H. took me 2 hrs to package a set of headers and a Stern jack. I forgot to add ins so I took about a $75 hit.

VetteLT193
02-17-2009, 04:51 PM
I'd understand if it had weight to it, but even then it is ridiculous. I should have added that they have done it before with a set of pulleys, I think that was $60 shipping.

It seems like they have lower prices up front and make it up on the shipping side.

Tony
02-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Ive made it common practice to not buy anything online or mail order, unless I know exactly how much its going to cost. If they dont show shipping prices, then I dont buy there, been hosed too many times.

t500hps
02-18-2009, 09:10 AM
I have my own Fedex acct and often ask if they will ship under my acct......the ones that do, even if they add a few bucks for "handling" are much more likely to get my future business.

getchasum111
02-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Ordered $13.20 in breather tube connectors (the tiny ones that connect the tube to the base of the air cleaner), they charge $22.23 in shipping.

The web site doesn't calculate or give any indication of shipping, and even when you expect a high rate no one would expect a few ounces of stuff in a small padded envelope would EVER cost $22 to ship. Called them a couple times, they say they will call back and never do. The shipping was so astronomical they could have overnighted the envelope for less money.

To be quite frank, it is shady business practice. No more Eddie Marine for me. :boxing_smiley:

they tried that with me also a couple years ago....i didn't buy from them...and have never called back again....