PDA

View Full Version : Help from the vinyl graphics guys...

inbetween
02-16-2009, 11:11 PM
My son just got a '98 Pontiac Grand Prix. He wants these tail light decals. The first pic has one on the left lamp and none on the right. The second pic has both lamps done. Does anyone have the ai or eps files for these that they'd be willing to share or even sell? I have a plotter and could cut these myself, I just need the files.

Thanks guys,
Adam

Offshoredrillin
02-17-2009, 08:24 AM
you can get the tinted film from laminex in GA, they have a 17 mil thick smoked film. I have installed the kits for people and the thin film sucks especially with contours. get bulk 17 mil smoke, warm it with a heatgun, use alcohol solution for slip and start in the center and work out with a hardcard. you will still have some fingers use the heat gun and the hardcard. or tack on one end once warm, then stretch it, then start smoothing from center out. 866-776-3682 if you need some help. I can get the film for ya, but shipping to me then to you would be more than the film...Rob

inbetween
02-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks, Rob. We're trying to do this as cheaply as possible. Did I say cheap? :rofl: I meant inexpensive. :sifone: I'm really just trying to get the files so I could cut these on my plotter. I was actually going to use some black vinyl and see what happens.

VetteLT193
02-18-2009, 11:06 AM
have you checked ebay? some of those guys sell stuff for so cheap it's not worth the hassle.

inbetween
02-19-2009, 07:01 PM
ebay is where those pics are from :) I just thought that since I have the plotter, vinyl and software to do it, someone might have the graphic file I needed. It would be cheaper for me to cut a couple sets of those for when the install goes wrong then it would be to buy them. They're 10-20 a pair online.

I'd pay $10 for the file if someone would sell it to me.

Offshoredrillin
02-19-2009, 07:32 PM
ebay is where those pics are from :) I just thought that since I have the plotter, vinyl and software to do it, someone might have the graphic file I needed. It would be cheaper for me to cut a couple sets of those for when the install goes wrong then it would be to buy them. They're 10-20 a pair online.

I'd pay $10 for the file if someone would sell it to me.
thats my point, do it in bulk and its less expensive. to get the file is more than you need to do.

inbetween
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
thats my point, do it in bulk and its less expensive. to get the file is more than you need to do.

I can get the pre cut film from them? I'll look into that then. Thanks. I thought you were talking about bulk film for the plotter, which without the file is about where i'm at now.

inbetween
02-28-2009, 01:37 PM

I looked at the lamin-x web site. Couldn't find anything for the grand prix listed
http://www.lamin-x.com/Pontiac-s/37.htm
seems all just newer pontiacs, I'll keep looking though

Offshoredrillin
02-28-2009, 02:44 PM
see if they will sell you a couple feet of bulk. heat it, peal it and then trim the edges, use heat to make them seal. shouldnt be more than 75 bucks for enough bulk to do it. precut is where the cost jumps up.