PDA

View Full Version : Peter's "I am not selling her, thread." :D

PARADOX
10-22-2008, 10:17 AM
2008 Avanti 33.
Own a boat that will be noticed, and you’l be proud to be in.
Due to my surgery issues, my loss can be your gain. I hate to see her go, but she won’t like storage for 4+months. Distinctive paint job. 525 Mercs. Bravo XR’s, SM shorties, ITS, system. K-planes. Labbed props. Racing specs, racing style filer caps, 250 Gal, 19 gauge gas tank, 24oz fiber glass mats, hand laid. Teauge strainers, Gafrig gauges, blue bezels, 1200Watt 6 spkr. stereo. Mcloud el. matching bolsters, mirrored hatch. Closed, pump out head. SST sink. Docking lights, swim platform. LED lights all over.
Everything you want in an eye catching performance and Poker Run boat. Great rough water handling. 2008 alum. 15,000+ LB tri axle trailer, Kodiak discs on all 6.
Warranty available till 2011, Possible financing. $169,000 or an offer I won't refuse.
Boat will be available after Nov. 10, 2008 (561) 504-3635

Griff
12-10-2008, 03:52 AM
1500# is probably about the weight OF the trailer.

SOX
12-12-2008, 05:45 PM
The boat is too much for me right now but where did you find a new Avanti? Last I heard they were sold to Egg harbor. I know they were made in NJ but after the sale I never new they were back in business. I always like the Avanti looks and yours is sharp. Lots of luck with the sale and the surgery.

MarylandMark
12-12-2008, 05:54 PM
The boat is too much for me right now but where did you find a new Avanti? Last I heard they were sold to Egg harbor. I know they were made in NJ but after the sale I never new they were back in business. I always like the Avanti looks and yours is sharp. Lots of luck with the sale and the surgery.

Peter has the last one. Egg Harbor is making them as CC's.

Peter is laid up a little from some serious surgery but will answer in the next couple of days most likely

Here is some good info:

In 2006-2007 Avanti Power boats sold the molds to Egg Harbor of Miami.

EH is making CC from the same molds. These molds are modified Banana Boat molds decendents of the Coyote race hull.
The CC's are a bit shorter but pretty much the same hulls. Just look at the transom curvature. It's the same as the old Coyote and same as mine. The decks is obvioulsy different. EH is making CC's and their keeping the Avanti name. There are others on the market.

Mine was a "left over from 2007". THe original owner kept the hull for his son, but after we got to talking and his son wanted something else (would you beilive a CC? ) :) the hull got finished for me. (some bed BS stuff during the completion, but what the heII. it's done and it's great)

Never been in a CC, but I would assume they are great rough water boats as well. Probobly a bit lighter then the Offshore model that I got.

The only thing I would really check out with the "Egg Harbour" built Avantis is that the fiberglass lay up and specs are the same.
THe offshore model has 24 OZ matts.. and the deck is fiberglassed to the hull, with 3 layers of mat and resin (for example)

When he says bed (bad) stuff happened during completion that is $$ wise; nothing wrong with the boat. He was screwed over $$$ by the builder and the engine builder. Just wanted to clarify..

Peter- when you get back I will delete all or any of this you want so you can tell the story- just trying to help knowing you are laid up

MarylandMark
12-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Good reading here:

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1278

PARADOX
12-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Thanks Griff and Mark for the typo corrections.

Mark pretty well explained it. This hull is actually pulled from the mold in 2007, rigged with new Merc 525's, SM shorties, and ITS.
The "bad" stuff I had with Dennis Freedman was scheduling, delivery time and a bunch of dollar issues. A few minor detail stuff that was resolved by Lightning Bay when they rigged and installed the boat. Like the batteries were not connected to the dual switch correctly. Some misc. parts should have been shipped and installed... wasn't, so I had to buy them, or have LB install them. (IE, trim pumps) Just some BS, but when you buy a new boat even the little things are aggrevating. Dennis Freedman did not fulfill the contract fully and in time, so it cost me a bunch more.
The boat runs awsome however, and everything is OK with it. Except.. it sits, and will sit for a while. THe shoulder surgery went well.. Thank you, everyone.

fund razor
12-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Peter- when you get back I will delete all or any of this you want so you can tell the story- just trying to help knowing you are laid up

Just for the record... I normally would not have let some of this slide... but Mark was acting in good faith and was trying to help.

Thanks everybody for keeping this within the lines of describing the item for sale rather than breaking into all out discussion and speculation in the owner's absence.

If you want anything cleaned up on the thread, send me a PM Peter. Otherwise it stands as I think that it all meets your ok. Glad to hear you are post-op. Get well soon.

PARADOX
12-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Just for the record... I normally would not have let some of this slide... but Mark was acting in good faith and was trying to help.

Thanks everybody for keeping this within the lines of describing the item for sale rather than breaking into all out discussion and speculation in the owner's absence.

If you want anything cleaned up on the thread, send me a PM Peter. Otherwise it stands as I think that it all meets your ok. Glad to hear you are post-op. Get well soon.

Thanks Fund. I apreciate your as well as the rest of the "Mods" due diligance. This is the great thing about SOS. We all looking out for the best results.
I have no problem with Mark's posts, he just helping with the info, and the info is fine.
Besides... Mark wouldn't say anything bed (bad) :biggrinjester:

fund razor
12-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Seemed like the info was all good.
Take care.

PARADOX
02-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Looks like I will be keeping the lady. Shoulder is getting better, so now the big question.
Buy the extended warranty for about 13K? or take a chanse. Have the warranty untill late March.
Of course if some one wants to buy it.. I can be persuaded. :)
The warranty is transferable.

MarylandMark
02-19-2009, 08:19 PM
I just spent $6K for 2 years on some outboards. 1/2 the price but still- 2 more years of nothing to worry about is priceless for me with my driving skills or lack there of

(Fund- move this to GD since it is more about Peter's boat than for sale and Peter can make another FS ad if he wants?)

fund razor
02-20-2009, 08:10 AM
(Fund- move this to GD since it is more about Peter's boat than for sale and Peter can make another FS ad if he wants?)

Yes, dear. :)