PDA

View Full Version : Rick Foringer of Newport Beach Ca with 32 Sunsation Dominator (WATCH OUT)

Audiofn
02-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Well I was going to leave this off this board but Rick brought it hear. Back a few years ago when OSO was smaller and people were tight I got an email from Rick Foringer aka Rick32. He wanted a stereo installed into his boat. There was another guy out in cali that also wanted a system done. We planned for me to fly out there and install the systems in both boats. The agreement was that each of the guys would pay for half of my travel expenses and parts that were put into their boats (wire and so on). I offered to not charge any labor in exchange for rides at the Havasue poker run and so on. Well I finished the installation (4 or 5 days of work) Rick was very happy with it according to his posts on OSO and what he told me and others. I sent out the bills after we returned from our trip to Havasue. The one guy paid and Rick has refused. We are going on almost 8 years and he showed his face on Serious and of course was called out. It seems that after 8 years other people on the board remember what he did to me. I offered for him to just cover the cost of the wire, clamps and so on ($350.00) and he still refused. I guess when you do work for Rick you are not only supposed to work for free but also pay for the equipment that goes into his boat. Scary that some one would kill their rep over 350 bucks but I guess that puts it all into perspective of what kind of person Rick is. If anyone knows his address I would greatly appreciate it. May be time to take this to the next level, he has changed his address, phone numbers and job so I have no recent contact info other then his recent screen name on this site said that he was still on Newport California.

Bgchuby01
02-12-2009, 02:55 PM
You can also find him on Scopeinfo.com I have known rick for years and never knew he had a problem like this. As for the sunsation I think he stuffed it years ago driving at night under the influence, I may be wrong. Again go on the scope site and post a message there. good luck

Audiofn
02-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Scope asked me to keep it off thier board and I can and will respect that, Sunsation also asked me to keep it off their board as I found him over there a few years back. A bunch of the scope guys know the story.

If he would realize that what I was charging was honestly such a deal I would think that he would pay the money. I was shocked that he did not. Were else can you have a guy fly across country, install two subs, 2 6X9's, two component 6.5", amp, head unit, and I think a remote, using all marine grade tinned wire for power and speakers and through bolting with stainless steal bolts, nylock nuts and fender washers for that kind of money?!?! Like I said he got the labor for free!

runninhotracing
02-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Well I was going to leave this off this board but Rick brought it hear. Back a few years ago when OSO was smaller and people were tight I got an email from Rick Foringer aka Rick32. He wanted a stereo installed into his boat. There was another guy out in cali that also wanted a system done. We planned for me to fly out there and install the systems in both boats. The agreement was that each of the guys would pay for half of my travel expenses and parts that were put into their boats (wire and so on). I offered to not charge any labor in exchange for rides at the Havasue poker run and so on. Well I finished the installation (4 or 5 days of work) Rick was very happy with it according to his posts on OSO and what he told me and others. I sent out the bills after we returned from our trip to Havasue. The one guy paid and Rick has refused. We are going on almost 8 years and he showed his face on Serious and of course was called out. It seems that after 8 years other people on the board remember what he did to me. I offered for him to just cover the cost of the wire, clamps and so on ($350.00) and he still refused. I guess when you do work for Rick you are not only supposed to work for free but also pay for the equipment that goes into his boat. Scary that some one would kill their rep over 350 bucks but I guess that puts it all into perspective of what kind of person Rick is. If anyone knows his address I would greatly appreciate it. May be time to take this to the next level, he has changed his address, phone numbers and job so I have no recent contact info other then his recent screen name on this site said that he was still on Newport California.

Well that SUKS the Big one :sifone:
Baseball bat and a Pizza box :03:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

Offshoredrillin
02-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Scope asked me to keep it off thier board and I can and will respect that, Sunsation also asked me to keep it off their board as I found him over there a few years back. A bunch of the scope guys know the story.

If he would realize that what I was charging was honestly such a deal I would think that he would pay the money. I was shocked that he did not. Were else can you have a guy fly across country, install two subs, 2 6X9's, two component 6.5", amp, head unit, and I think a remote, using all marine grade tinned wire for power and speakers and through bolting with stainless steal bolts, nylock nuts and fender washers for that kind of money?!?! Like I said he got the labor for free!
well that means scope is enabling him to do it, if Nort paid then thats good enough for me, he owes ya the coin, I would rip him one...

Buoy
02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I've seen Rick on Performanceboats recently - more a West coast place, and been checking it out since I'm on the move that way.

Hey Jon - did you get that package I sent out to you last week?

Audiofn
02-12-2009, 08:24 PM
I've seen Rick on Performanceboats recently - more a West coast place, and been checking it out since I'm on the move that way.

Hey Jon - did you get that package I sent out to you last week?

Just arrived today! Well I guess it arrived a few days ago but I just went over to the shop today. Was just going over to the thread to say thanks when I saw this. :D

Buoy
02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Cool. Glad you can use the stuff.