PDA

View Full Version : Custom Forum

Audiofn
10-21-2008, 10:25 PM
How about a forum for Custom upgrades. This could include power, interior, hull mods, you name it. Something that is not a standard "repair".

Jon

BY U BOY
10-21-2008, 10:28 PM
there should be a restore thread coming soon.

cosmic12
10-21-2008, 11:06 PM
The restoration fourm is being discussed now and I do believe it will appear. I think it will be a great subject and am looking forward to it.

Strip Poker 388
10-22-2008, 12:18 AM
to me a restore is diff than custom,being custom like modifying something ,like on cars tricking them out.Restore to me is restoring a old cig or Apache.i do think they need a restore section:)

Offshoredrillin
10-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Lots of different stuff is being discussed, the main thing to remeber is not to have too many sub-forums, things will have to be combined. in a basic restore thread, most of that would go in a restore column, something custom will too, however with a thread title of Custom speaker/ custom power/ power upgrade or such.

Chris
10-22-2008, 08:02 AM
If by custom you mean like the Firefox that Phil has been working on all summer and was detailed in the Cig section- that's exactly what we're looking to accommodate. But while that was interesting, it's like a road test of a Lamborghini. Great to watch but of little real-world value to most. The section also needs to have content on the average guy redoing his own boat on a modest budget. Hopefully people will either learn new tips and tricks or maybe just find inspiration to tackle their own project, or resurrect a stalled one.

Either way... coming soon!

Airpacker
10-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Actually Rob, I think a sub section for "Custom" would go nicely in "tech" with a subsection for "restorations". I'll put my vote in with the bosses for one.

I have been working on my 2001 boat for 2 years now. I wouldn't call it restoration by any means but I sure would call it "customized".

cigdaze
10-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Can (should?) Custom Resto be combined?

Fragmentation, and further sub-frangmentation (like the 100s of forums on OSO), is something we've discussed at the beginning, and is something we'd like to avoid as much as possible. Information seems to flow better with consolidation.

Chris
10-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah- the best way to doom any sub forum is to not have regular activity in it. People stop checking after they realize there's "never anything new in here".

Offshoredrillin
10-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah- the best way to doom any sub forum is to not have regular activity in it. People stop checking after they realize there's "never anything new in here".

exactly, define custom, to some guys it is putting blowers drives huge stereo and other goodies. to another it is a new steering wheel and cupholders...thats what I meant about having too many sub forums, in the "restore" column, that to the ear sounds like an older boat being restored to original a custom one is exotic power and such, it's a fine line but I feel both would be fine in the same column, just with different headers.
actually now this needs to be moved to the forum discussion section, lol