PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a Little Hotrod boat cheap

tommymonza
02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
My little brother has a 1988 185xlt Powerplay/Powerquest he has to get rid of in Naples Fl.

I know its a boat that most in Florida are not famaliar with but it would make a great lttle hotrod or skiboat for the kids that they can beat and not break.

It has the optional Euro windshield which was pricey when bought new.He has owned it for 4 years and it had a new GM crate motor put in it before he bought it and it was solid.

The exhaust manifolds are shot and he hydrolocked the motor in freshwater

The boat could use a good cleaning and buffing and it would look like a 8.

The interior will clean up and seems usable.

I got him pulling the heads off right now to see whats up with the motor.

Anyways anybody interested $2500 on a tandem trailer with good running gear just needs bunks.

baronmarine
02-06-2009, 03:16 PM
i'm sure it would sell faster if your mug was not in it.

todd

tommymonza
02-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Bite ME

tommymonza
02-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Would make a great little boat for the girls Todd

Megabyte*3
02-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Tommy:

I could be interested. Did you find out about the state of the motor?

Tom C.
Naples.

cosmic12
02-10-2009, 11:49 AM
So is a small block Alfa or what?

baronmarine
02-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Would make a great little boat for the girls Todd

they would love it. but you would have to paint it green and white for me. state is great. i'll tell you thats a smokin deal.
todd

tommymonza
02-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Small block 350 GM crate motor with alpha drive.Heads off the motor and spins .Water came from a blown head gasket but it was in fresh water at the time.

Water may have been coming from the head gasket instead of the manifolds as previously thought.

Interior seems solid yet just needs lots of cleaning and a new piece of wood on the back seat.

A good buffing and the hull and deck would clean up no dock rash or major scara not even to many little scratches.

The floor is a little soft by the skibox but it has been like that for 4 years.