PDA

View Full Version : OSS is APPROVED to race in Lake Cumberland

Ron P
02-03-2009, 01:38 AM
Sometimes getting the permits for a first time event can be a challenge and frustrating. Today we got the final word from the Core of Engineers that we are approved to race on Lake Cumberland May 15 -17.

Folks, get prepared to have some fun.. This place rocks!!!!

See www.statedock.com and reserve a houseboat to complete the experience.

Ted
02-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Great place to have a race. The lake is very cool and all the people up there are great. Just a hint though, truck in any adult beverages, it is quite a drive to stock back up. Congrats on the new site Ron.

Oh, and the restaurant at State Dock has some killer Frog Legs :D

Chris
02-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Is the water back up yet?

Knot 4 Me
02-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Is the water back up yet?Not yet but the water level is not a problem.

Ted
02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
You know, I have always thought if they would just legalize beer there the levels would increase considerably :D

Davidmnc
02-03-2009, 11:50 AM
You know, I have always thought if they would just legalize beer there the levels would increase considerably :D

Legalize beer?????? :huh: They don't alow beer on the lake? WTF!?:ack2:

Ted
02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
The lake is (was a few years ago) surrounded by dry counties. We had to drive about 30 miles to Tennessee to get beer. Most people just bring it in in large quantities when they come, we were just unprepared. Apparently as long as you are drinking from cups, the lake patrol is pretty cool, but you don't want to be bonging cans or bottles or other hijinks like that.

getchasum111
02-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Is the water back up yet?

no water yet....i was on the lake yesterday doing some testing and there are so many trees on the water right now it is dangerous.....no way to run at speed.....you could almost walk across the lake on them.....

ILMORdude
02-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Ice storm?? We were in KY doin some stuff and it was baaaad