PDA

View Full Version : From Gen5 To MarkIV Dart Big M

robertjr
01-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Question is: Will the belt driven raw Water pump/fuel pump combo assembly bracket from 96' HP500 bolt up directly to Dart Big M block using same bolt holes, which is a MarkIV style block? I know the cranks and heads are different and I will have to block off the fuel pump boss on the Dart block, want to make the least amount of changes in set-up as possible, plus I like the fact if raw water stops fuel stops as well. That is unless impeller burns up!.............................Robertjr

YoungPerformance
01-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Yes it will. Whether your pump bolt up to the 2 holes on the block next to the balancer, or if it mount to the 2 holes on the cylinder head it will work. Externally, the blocks are the same.
Eddie

robertjr
01-29-2009, 12:43 PM
I wasn't sure, I've had this Gen5 HP500 set up for awhile. Been years since I had a markIV style block. Actually the bracketry I'm referring to has two bolts on the head and one on the block near the damper that reinforces the tensioner pulley. You don't have any Gen5 502 blocks do you? I'm looking around before I go to a Dart block thanks again.................................robertjr

YoungPerformance
01-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I do have a couple but I am in the process of gathering parts to build them. I may be able to get one for you. You want new or used, or does it matter?

YoungPerformance
01-31-2009, 02:42 AM
I can't any Gen V's but I can get new Gen VI's. The only difference is the timing cover and the cam and lifters. Let me know if you are interested.