PDA

View Full Version : Some Video and a couple pics from last Summer

Mikeb4
01-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I posted this elsewhere but things are really dead this winter :huh:

I thought I would stick up a video of my boat I edited out of a bigger production .... problem is the music is all broken up since I don't have the software to split it out and it's worth it to hear the motor.

Take a look and click on "watch in high quality" ... it makes a big difference! :sifone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuS-xTrPEJ0

Griswald
01-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Looks great. What's the mph with the new power, and how are you getting that nice little rooster?

Mikeb4
01-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks! it's running 70 @ 5,100 with the 532 HP but the cruise is 55 @4K which is where I spend a lot of my time.

The rooster is really not something I am doing on purpose ... it seems with my high X dimension since I am set up like the F1 boat and notched transom, and the four blade B1 prop I am getting some prop surfacing. It is only when it's wound out however ... no roost at lower speeds/RPM.

To be honest I did not know it was throwing that much water up until I saw the video a couple weeks ago .... it does not seem to have that much of a roost while riding in the boat .... looks cool though! :sifone:

Looks great. What's the mph with the new power, and how are you getting that nice little rooster?

Dude! Sweet!
01-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Mike that's awesome video! That boat looks like an animal. You can tell she's light too... How many guys who passed on this boat "because there was something wrong with it" are choking on these videos now?! :D

Mikeb4
01-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Mike that's awesome video! That boat looks like an animal. You can tell she's light too... How many guys who passed on this boat "because there was something wrong with it" are choking on these videos now?! :D

Thanks Dude! yeah I think she's a keeper ... this is coming from a guy who never kept a boat longer than three years however ..... only two years to go! LOL! :lurk5:

Dude! Sweet!
02-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I made some stuff out of that crazy-ass crate that you sent me the blower hatch in this weekend... That thing was a beast!

I used it as the back of a fish tank stand I built and then cut down the rest for a shipping crate.. Extra points if you can guess what it is in the crate!

Mikeb4
02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I thought you would keep the crate for the new hatch owner! you know ship it down to Tom!! LOL!

What's in the crate ??? looks like a bumper or something?

Bobcat
02-09-2009, 11:16 PM
looks like an air dam

ar15meister
02-10-2009, 11:00 AM
boat looks awesome Mike....you did a great job.

If you ever get anywhere close to Toronto let me know and I will bring your boats black brother out to play...... be cool to have em running 70mph --10 feet apart. Now that would be a great picture.

Dude! Sweet!
02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Nah, I've figured out that I'm not going to get the cash that I want out of the boat anytime soon, so I'll just hang onto it. I'll need the blower hatch in a few years when I redo the boat.

It's actually a cowl that's been cut out of a '67 Chevelle. It's half the a-pillars, the dash and the top half of the door supports and firewall. My buddy's doing a reso on one back in NY and needs a new dash. A guy in Huntington Beach had one... It's going to cost twice as much to ship as he paid for it though!

Mikeb4
02-10-2009, 04:03 PM
boat looks awesome Mike....you did a great job.

If you ever get anywhere close to Toronto let me know and I will bring your boats black brother out to play...... be cool to have em running 70mph --10 feet apart. Now that would be a great picture.

No doubt! I would frame that poster up on the wall! :sifone: we could make a classic Pantera commercial!

You would have to hold back to let me keep up with my HP500 though! :driving:

Mikeb4
02-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Nah, I've figured out that I'm not going to get the cash that I want out of the boat anytime soon, so I'll just hang onto it. I'll need the blower hatch in a few years when I redo the boat.

It's actually a cowl that's been cut out of a '67 Chevelle. It's half the a-pillars, the dash and the top half of the door supports and firewall. My buddy's doing a reso on one back in NY and needs a new dash. A guy in Huntington Beach had one... It's going to cost twice as much to ship as he paid for it though!

Honestly that's cool you are keeping the boat, wrong reason but still good news!

Shipping is getting crazy isn't it? I just shipped a $50 motorcycle rear wheel I sold on ebay and it was $38 USPS, so I went FedEx Ground who was usually a deal and it was $26 with them. :nopity: