PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette F-2

Shockwave
01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Here is a couple pics of an F2 on Lake Ontario.
1999 F2-48 500HP no cabin .
When docked up to my full cabin TG the bow must have sat a full foot higher .

I think this boat went down into the Us somewhere and was rolled
(not positive on that though).

Paul

Tank
01-22-2009, 11:59 PM
That boat's rolled more than once! Single steps are "tricky" to run.:ack2:

Is that your boat with the "mint" color? Where's the pics of that?

I always found it interesting how big a difference a little weight adjustment around the boats make.

Look at the difference between Tom Whitams boat (T/S 38 w/1000s and 6's w/cover girl cabin) compared to our boat (straight bottom 525's, 3A's and full cabin).

J-Bonz
01-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Here ya go........................

stecz20
01-26-2009, 12:20 AM
where did that happen loto???

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-26-2009, 12:21 AM
where did that happen loto???

I think I read about it. Yes LOTO '07?

Griff
01-26-2009, 02:55 AM
The boat spun out and partially submerged while testing for the OSS races in 07. Its a single step TG. I don't think there was any major damage and the pics show the partial submersion. The boat still looks the same. I saw it around a couple times last Summer and as a spectator boat at the OSS races last year.

Tank
01-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Does anyone have more pics of the second boat from the docks in the bottom picture? Looks like theres a teal color too it.

Shockwave
01-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Tank,
Here is another pic of the Teal TG. Belongs to a friend of mine here in Ontario.
Fred has owned more than one TG the last one he had burned on a rack . The boat above had a problem with a battery charger .
The Teal TG is a 96 with 496 HO power .
I know Fred was looking to sell it but isn't every boat for sale .
Paul

J-Bonz
01-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Tank,
Here is another pic of the Teal TG. Belongs to a friend of mine here in Ontario.
Fred has owned more than one TG the last one he had burned on a rack . The boat above had a problem with a battery charger .
Paul

Isnt that Black Buca's old boat? I beleive at one time it was for sale over seas in Eu....
Jr.

stecz20
01-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Isnt that Black Buca's old boat? I beleive at one time it was for sale over seas in Eu....
Jr.

i think your right.... i think hes a memebr here maybe hell chime in...

baywatch
01-27-2009, 10:28 PM
The boat spun out and partially submerged while testing for the OSS races in 07. Its a single step TG. I don't think there was any major damage and the pics show the partial submersion. The boat still looks the same. I saw it around a couple times last Summer and as a spectator boat at the OSS races last year.

In addition to what Griff said:

He had it back on the water within a week or two of the accident. I believe the cause of the spin/roll was a drive letting go going into a turn. Also, to be noted in the water patrol report, the driver was stone sober..

Definately a cool boat..

blackbuca
01-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Jr.

This boat was at the 1996 Miami Boat Show, the one I had was a 1997 the paint is very close. My boat went to Italy. I will try to find some photos

Drew Zimmermann

Tank
01-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Tank,
Paul

Thanks for the pics. Cool boat. I haven't seen it before. I like the paint, it's a bit different.

Lucky Strike Jr
01-28-2009, 12:28 AM
I actually met the owner of the F2-48 over the summer at LOTO. The boat is really nice. He did have it back on the water after two weeks but went through it the following Winter.

J-Bonz
01-28-2009, 07:20 AM
This boat was at the 1996 Miami Boat Show, the one I had was a 1997 the paint is very close. My boat went to Italy. I will try to find some photos

Drew Zimmermann

Thanks for the info. Never realized there were two out there that were simiar...........
Jr.

J-Bonz
01-28-2009, 07:21 AM
I actually met the owner of the F2-48 over the summer at LOTO. The boat is really nice. He did have it back on the water after two weeks but went through it the following Winter.

LS Jr.
Great Pics as usual!!!

JupiterSunsation
01-28-2009, 11:04 AM

PARTIAL SUBMERSION? Looks like the cockpit/bilge (important parts) were fully submerged and the bow (empty in F2 boats) stayed dry.....

Griff
01-28-2009, 01:11 PM
I guess what I meant was it didn't go to the bottom and sit there for any length of time. I agree, the important stuff got wet. Fresh water though, so not nearly as bad if it went under in salt.