PDA

View Full Version : Fault on Smartcraft screen

Magicfloat
10-21-2008, 12:00 PM
New 525 boat,no problems with engine at all,but the screen is throwing a fault "Ambiant Temp High" Couldn't find that fault in the tech manual,called Merc Racing,they couldn't find it either,suggested disconnecting wires till it went away. Seems odd that I have a fault that no one has heard of. Any suggestions?

Scott
10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Your not going to believe this but here you go! BTW I was looking for something a while back and had stumbled on this while looking up codes for a Seadoo:ack2:

http://www.smartcraftnetworked.com/pdfs/Dometic_MAir_prod_sup_doc.pdf

BraceYourself
10-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Your not going to believe this but here you go! BTW I was looking for something a while back and had stumbled on this while looking up codes for a Seadoo:ack2:

http://www.smartcraftnetworked.com/pdfs/Dometic_MAir_prod_sup_doc.pdf

Wow, good help!

Magicfloat
10-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the link but this boat does not have A/C,it is sensing something else,unless I missed something in the link?

BraceYourself
10-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the link but this boat does not have A/C,it is sensing something else,unless I missed something in the link?

I think the fault has something to do with his link and not the engine. The fault may be because of smartcraft.

Scott
10-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I think the fault has something to do with his link and not the engine. The fault may be because of smartcraft.

Yes this would be my guess. I'm thinking the processor inside the Smart Craft unit is the problem reading a false input. I would try Merc again with this info or better yet call the # and talk to the folks listed at the bottom of the PDF.

Magicfloat
10-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks,guys. For no apparant reason the warning bell just went away,so we are all good,I guess. I'm afraid in the future all Merc dealers will need to have access to a teenage computer geek just to handle Smartcraft issues.Kind of scary for an old dealer like me.:)

Scott
10-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks,guys. For no apparant reason the warning bell just went away,so we are all good,I guess. I'm afraid in the future all Merc dealers will need to have access to a teenage computer geek just to handle Smartcraft issues.Kind of scary for an old dealer like me.:)

Hey no problem I just logged on remotely and turned off he alarm for ya!:seeya: