PDA

View Full Version : 38' Scarab Pics!

JETJOCK
01-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Thought I would start a 38' Scarab section...someone want to start us off with a few pics?

Cigdude
03-14-2009, 01:36 PM
here is a link to a nice piece.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/1074180613.html

Offshore Ginger
03-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Just wondering how fit the boat ( structural ) really is ? I have worked on more then one Scarab over the years and to tell you the truth , i would not have one shoved up my a$$ . I have removed linner's to replace all stringers in the cockpit area because weep hole's were not properly coated with resin or painted ext , Motor compartment , total redo's on firewall , stringers or the transom and most of these boat have been 38 SCARAB 'S / PANTHER'S - or most stuff in that range . Sorry guy's they all looked good on Miam Vice and where never built of the highest quality .............................. otherwise in my opinion JUNK !!! I have to say that after posting this , i can almost bet i will take a beating on this but....................................... oh well .:26::26::26::sifone::rofl:

JFM
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Just wondering how fit the boat ( structural ) really is ? I have worked on more then one Scarab over the years and to tell you the truth , i would not have one shoved up my a$$ . I have removed linner's to replace all stringers in the cockpit area because weep hole's were not properly coated with resin ext ext , Motor compartment , total redo's stringers , or the transom and most of these boat have been 38 SCARAB 'S - PANTHER'S - or most stuff in that range . Sorry guy's they all looked good on Miam Vice and where never built of the highest quality .............................. otherwise in my opinion JUNK !!! I have to say that after posting this , i can almost bet i will take a beating on this but....................................... oh well .:26::26::26::sifone::rofl:

What years was this seen on? I was looking at a couple and didn't know this. I have owned some older model baja's and it was the same thing.

Cigdude
03-14-2009, 07:18 PM
it has had a stringer or two replaced. totally redone and kept on trailer in climate controlled building. i think he is asking around $37k.

03-14-2009, 08:09 PM
A buddie's 1988 38KV (Larry Smith Hull):D

JETJOCK
03-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Here are some of me running this weekend...........

phragle
03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
it's a deffinite wellcraft thing, when I redid my transom I couldn't believe the way it was put together. I even found a cigarette lighter glassed into the transom even.....big voids patches of glass that was never wetted out etc... granted it as a nova not a scarab..but a wellcraft non the less

Scarab KV
03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Just wondering how fit the boat ( structural ) really is ? I have worked on more then one Scarab over the years and to tell you the truth , i would not have one shoved up my a$$ . I have removed linner's to replace all stringers in the cockpit area because weep hole's were not properly coated with resin or painted ext , Motor compartment , total redo's on firewall , stringers or the transom and most of these boat have been 38 SCARAB 'S / PANTHER'S - or most stuff in that range . Sorry guy's they all looked good on Miam Vice and where never built of the highest quality .............................. otherwise in my opinion JUNK !!! I have to say that after posting this , i can almost bet i will take a beating on this but....................................... oh well .:26::26::26::sifone::rofl:

Christ, who pizzed in his Cheerios this morn'n:03:
Would imagine he's use to tak'n beatings....the clueless usually are the loudest

Offshore Ginger
03-15-2009, 07:01 AM
Would imagine he's use to tak'n beatings....the clueless usually are the loudest GOD pi$$ed in my Cheerios this morn'n and yes when it comes to JUNK you do not have to be the loudest pile of $hit in the barn yard because it becomes a fact and when you work on boats day after day clueless is out of the question , JUNK is JUNK and once again Mr, Don J, JUNK , JUNK and MORE junk . ha ha ha ha ha ha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: junk!:rofl: and like i said before , i would not have one shoved up my a$$ !

Offshore Ginger
03-15-2009, 07:12 AM
What years was this seen on? I was looking at a couple and didn't know this. I have owned some older model baja's and it was the same thing. How far would you like me to go back ? I have to say that if i was you i would avoid anything with the Wellcraft / Scarab logo on it , for the pure fact that it is not that WELL OF A CRAFT:rofl::rofl::rofl: otherwise JUNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK:rofl::rofl:

JETJOCK
03-15-2009, 08:35 AM
How far would you like me to go back ? I have to say that if i was you i would avoid anything with the Wellcraft / Scarab logo on it , for the pure fact that it is not that WELL OF A CRAFT:rofl::rofl::rofl: otherwise JUNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK:rofl::rofl:

Is AMERCIA not a great country?

FREEDOM OF CHOICE-

I happen to love my Scarab, and really that is all that matters to me, not some "Ginger" spouting off on a message board.

I looked at Skaters that were JUNK! Does that mean all Skaters are Junk? Nope!

I looked at XYZ boats....ugly, no class and pretty much runouts.

Either way and WHATEVER boat you like-get a SURVEY before you buy!

phragle
03-15-2009, 08:41 AM
i would not have one shoved up my a$$ !

Not even if was covered in drive lube first???

JETJOCK
03-15-2009, 08:50 AM

Now thats funny.....I don't care who you are!

MacGyver
03-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Would imagine he's use to tak'n beatings....the clueless usually are the loudest

Another version: "Christ, Someone ate a big bowl of biitchios this morning"

Cigdude
03-15-2009, 08:57 AM
How far would you like me to go back ? I have to say that if i was you i would avoid anything with the Wellcraft / Scarab logo on it , for the pure fact that it is not that WELL OF A CRAFT:rofl::rofl::rofl: otherwise JUNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK:rofl::rofl:

i believe it is a larry smith boat. Big difference.

MacGyver
03-15-2009, 08:57 AM

Thats POTW material there :26:

Scarab KV
03-15-2009, 09:15 AM

Start'n to think the a$$ is big enough to take it without the lube:biggrinjester:

JETJOCK
03-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Whatever.....

Ratickle
03-15-2009, 10:52 AM

Come on Artie, There were some great Scarabs out there that were put together well, ask Betty Cook. There also are some out there that have been rebuilt, (by guys like you), that are outstanding rides. Just because , when the economy tanked in 83-85, some were built without the best quality don't piss on all of them.

I have an 83 Chris that I've been working on for years, it still needs more work and has a couple issues where they skipped the best construction techniques, there are also some Chris's out there that are damn near perfect.

And you deserve the beating you get on this one.:):):)

Help the guys with your knowledge about what to look for and may need fixing if they are interested in a particular boat. Don't slam them all.:sifone:

stecz20
03-15-2009, 11:58 AM
artie is this how you go out and find work..... i should try this approach..... i like it...

Ratickle
03-15-2009, 12:02 PM
artie is this how you go out and find work..... i should try this approach..... i like it...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Offshore Ginger
03-15-2009, 12:20 PM
I apologize guys and i deserve a beating for the DAWGGGGGGGG that i am and just to be safe i pulled the K Y jelly out and lubed my bun hole . :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: a :)

cosmic12
03-15-2009, 12:27 PM
GOD pi$$ed in my Cheerios this morn'n and yes when it comes to JUNK you do not have to be the loudest pile of $hit in the barn yard because it becomes a fact and when you work on boats day after day clueless is out of the question , JUNK is JUNK and once again Mr, Don J, JUNK , JUNK and MORE junk . ha ha ha ha ha ha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: junk!:rofl: and like i said before , i would not have one shoved up my a$$ !

Come on, With the knowalge and experince you have you could have just offered to let anyone know what to look for and how. But instead you come off like that and wonder why you get flamed. I have enjoyed some of your post's on the tech foum and HAD!! alot of respect for what you do and have done, after this I have to say I am disapointed and now understand you don't have a clue what this fourm is all about, all that respect has been lost to one stupid post.

Offshore Ginger
03-15-2009, 12:30 PM
artie is this how you go out and find work..... i should try this approach..... i like it... Stecz your starting to know me all to well and i figured you might be one of the only people who would appreciate this approach considering you deal with garbage . :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::biggrinjester:

JETJOCK
03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Come on Artie, There were some great Scarabs out there that were put together well, ask Betty Cook. There also are some out there that have been rebuilt, (by guys like you), that are outstanding rides. Just because , when the economy tanked in 83-85, some were built without the best quality don't piss on all of them.

I have an 83 Chris that I've been working on for years, it still needs more work and has a couple issues where they skipped the best construction techniques, there are also some Chris's out there that are damn near perfect.

And you deserve the beating you get on this one.:):):)

Help the guys with your knowledge about what to look for and may need fixing if they are interested in a particular boat. Don't slam them all.:sifone:

Well said!~

Scarab KV
03-15-2009, 01:16 PM

Dave...you don't need encouragement:sifone:

Scarab KV
03-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Stecz your starting to know me all to well and i figured you might be one of the only people who would appreciate this approach considering you deal with garbage . :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::biggrinjester:

Well he is from Joyzee.......I can say that......I do know his neighborhood fairly well.
JK stecz:biggrinjester:

Offshore Ginger
03-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Well he is from Joyzee.......I can say that......I do know his neighborhood fairly well.
JK stecz:biggrinjester::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::sifone:

old377guy
03-15-2009, 01:37 PM
I apologize guys and i deserve a beating for the DAWGGGGGGGG that i am and just to be safe i pulled the K Y jelly out and lubed my bun hole . :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: a :)

actually OG, I understand exactly what you mean. I'm on my second 38' Scarab with the thought that they are a lot of bang for the buck. It kind of goes without saying that Wellcraft boats are production boats - inconsistent with their quality control. Therfore I assume that everything needs looking at. If anything needs redoing, I'm still likely to be money ahead. If certain areas check out ok, then I'm golden. I have no illusions, Wellcraft is NOT Larry Smith. I'm just happy with where Scarabs fit in the value matrix. - Jeff

JETJOCK
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I like my boat, my CHICA like the boat...so who cares what ANYONE thinks?

Why you gotta hate guys with a LONG DECK!

Chris
03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
I have a hell of alot more respect for a hard-core boater that knows his stuff in a 30 year old bargain beater than I do for a guy that buys his way in and knows little.

Offshore Ginger
03-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey guys , like i said in a previous post i apologize and when i wrote it i knew i would get bashed But........................... the truth of the matter is i have been doing fiberglass repair for over thirty odd years now and in the last decade i have done more major repairs on Scarab's then any other brand from all stringer's from the motor compartment to the cockpit , transom , firewall ext ext and everytime that a person brings one to me it is like opening a can of worm's and after reading old 377 guy's post , i thnk he has been there and done that . I have to tell you that one of my all time favorite Scarab's was Betty Cooks KAMMA and still think so.:26:

Scarab KV
03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey guys , like i said in a previous post i apologize and when i wrote it i knew i would get bashed But........................... the truth of the matter is i have been doing fiberglass repair for over thirty odd years now and in the last decade i have done more major repairs on Scarab's then any other brand from all stringer's from the motor compartment to the cockpit , transom , firewall ext ext and everytime that a person brings one to me it is like opening a can of worm's and after reading old 377 guy's post , i thnk he has been there and done that . I have to tell you that one of my all time favorite Scarab's was Betty Cooks KAMMA and still think so.:26:

Now that's a lot easier way to take it. Was a little harsh being told your ride is......well no need to hash it up again.
Yes some do have issue. Found one on mine last fall that will need to be dealt with and will probably post for tech on it when the time comes.:(

stecz20
03-15-2009, 04:25 PM

artie i dont get you... sometimes you're the nicest guy, a lot of heh time you go out of your way and with your years of expericance you truly do like to help out the other members.. everyone enjoys your imput.. when you act like a dick, not so much... if you would change your approach and not act like a dick once and a while you would be recieved much better on these boards.

artie what kind of car do you drive???

stecz20
03-15-2009, 04:28 PM
I like my boat, my CHICA like the boat...so who cares what ANYONE thinks?

Why you gotta hate guys with a LONG DECK!

that is some ass.....:26::26:

Offshore Ginger
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Dave , the $hit just isnt doing it for me anymore ( KOOL AID ):rofl::rofl: besides you have left a hard path to follow and such a rocky road . Dave it is very easy to be the Grasshopper .:rofl::rofl::rofl: when your the KING. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Dave i drive a 1998 chevy cav for work that gets me from point A to point B and is loaded with tools and material and at the moment when you get in the car it smells like toxic waste , Epoxy plus hardner, Primer , Glass , Cabosil ,Sand paper, Acetone ,Imron , tools , and anything else that i might need for a 32 Skater that im working on .:rofl::rofl::

stecz20
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
chevys suck, only pickle sniffers drive chevys.... fords are skaters and chevys are the bayliners.. i would think a man of your skill would know that......

carry on artie, and remember stecz is watching you.... my kool aid never runs dry, nor does my following of faithful pigs.......

i like you artie, thats why im going to kill you last.....

stecz20
03-15-2009, 05:45 PM
by the way, scarabs are cool....

Offshore Ginger
03-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Dave the only thing you will kill me with is your kindness and keep the fuel for the fire comeing , Dawgggggggggggggggggggggggggg:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl:

JETJOCK
03-15-2009, 08:10 PM
by the way, scarabs are cool....

Stecz20 these are for you sir!

Ratickle
03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I apologize guys and i deserve a beating for the DAWGGGGGGGG that i am and just to be safe i pulled the K Y jelly out and lubed my bun hole . :rofl: a :)

Now that's an apology. Still don't think it will fit though.:03:

Come on, With the knowalge and experince you have you could have just offered to let anyone know what to look for and how. But instead you come off like that and wonder why you get flamed. I have enjoyed some of your post's on the tech foum and HAD!! alot of respect for what you do and have done, after this I have to say I am disapointed and now understand you don't have a clue what this fourm is all about, all that respect has been lost to one stupid post.

He apologized for it. I still respect him and his knowledge. It takes all types, but the good ones know when they put it out there wrong.

And there is still a bunch of good Scarabs out there to be fixed correctly by guys like you. It's you guys that can help keep this sport going by helping and teaching. We all can't afford new Skaters, Cigs, etc.

artie i dont get you... sometimes you're the nicest guy, a lot of heh time you go out of your way and with your years of expericance you truly do like to help out the other members.. everyone enjoys your imput.. when you act like a dick, not so much... if you would change your approach and not act like a dick once and a while you would be recieved much better on these boards.

Pot and Kettle ?????? Oops, not.....Stecz is always a nice guy....:sifone:

chevys suck, only pickle sniffers drive chevys.... fords are skaters and chevys are the bayliners.. i would think a man of your skill would know that...........

Still the backwards child, dyslexia's a b-t-h, isn't it. :)

Who's first?:sifone:

stecz20
03-15-2009, 08:28 PM

He apologized for it. I still respect him and his knowledge. It takes all types, but the good ones know when they put it out there wrong.

And there is still a bunch of good Scarabs out there to be fixed correctly by guys like you. It's you guys that can help keep this sport going by helping and teaching. We all can't afford new Skaters, Cigs, etc.

sunkin, after he builds me my m1a, im going to kill him with it, them take the empire all to myself.... masher will be your new boss... :dupe::dupe:

stecz20
03-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Stecz20 these are for you sir!

shes a cutie.....

Ratickle
03-15-2009, 08:32 PM
sunkin, after he builds me my m1a, im going to kill him with it, them take the empire all to myself.... masher will be your new boss... :dupe::dupe:

We'll be ready......:sifone:

Scarab KV
03-15-2009, 08:34 PM

Agree 100% I'm good with it. Stecz is starting to concern me thou:biggrinjester:

Ratickle
03-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Agree 100% I'm good with it. Stecz is starting to concern me thou:biggrinjester:

He should.....:sifone:

That could be your girl he's chasing......:):ack2::):ack2::)

CDOWNS
03-16-2009, 12:41 PM
chevys suck, only pickle sniffers drive chevys.... fords are skaters and chevys are the bayliners.. i would think a man of your skill would know that......

carry on artie, and remember stecz is watching you.... my kool aid never runs dry, nor does my following of faithful pigs.......

pickle sniffer.............:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chris
03-16-2009, 02:10 PM

You'll need alot more than a rifle.

"You're either gonna' surf or you're gonna' fight, So what's it gonna' be, son?"
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/untitled-14.jpg

stecz20
03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
charlie dont surf......

Ratickle
03-17-2009, 10:00 PM
You'll need alot more than a rifle.

"You're either gonna' surf or you're gonna' fight, So what's it gonna' be, son?"
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/untitled-14.jpg

:sifone::boxing_smiley::sifone:

Docster
11-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey 2112
thanks for posting my Hot rod. its going thru a transome repair as 20 years has rotted the chit out the transome. ASD7's are going on it after I get it back. She needs a good drive to handle those 605" Fords. Everything else seems to blow up including those over rated Konrads drives.

Davidmnc
11-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Hey 2112
thanks for posting my Hot rod. its going thru a transome repair as 20 years has rotted the chit out the transome. ASD7's are going on it after I get it back. She needs a good drive to handle those 605" Fords. Everything else seems to blow up including those over rated Konrads drives.

Welcome to SOS. Post some pics of your project!!!

Scarab KV
11-18-2009, 01:15 AM
A buddie's 1988 38KV (Larry Smith Hull):D

Hey 2112

Nice.
That sure looks like the one used in the CSI Miami episode.

11-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Hey 2112

It is about time you found this place, there are just a few of us here representing the northwest.

Who is doing your Transom, Stacy Akana? Did you rebuild the Fords? What are you doing with the drag boat?

Welcome to SOS. Post some pics of your project!!!

You heard the man! :sifone:

Docster
11-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Drew set it up with Howard Tolly. Its been taking forever. They ary putting 2" of some kind honey combed hexel space age stuff. It definatly will not rot & is super strrong when glassed over. Only draw back is waiting for this guy to get it done. definatly a nasty fkg job. Who is Stacy Akana?
For my Sanger flat Drew is building me a 429 super cobra jet. Have a pair of Jon Kasse P-51 super cobra jet heads, SVO race block, same as in Scarab. Cant even begin to name all the chit in it. I basically gave him free rain on it. twin 750 carbs with tunnel ram. Howard Green will dyno it, Drew hopes to get North of 700hp at 6500. I will be racing in the 468 class next year.
Blew the 540 up Did not scatter to bad. Block & heads good so he turned it into a 572 it goes up for sale.

11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
When I took apart my Brand new 32 Fever and saw how **** poor it was built, I hired Stacy (in Couer d' Alene) to fix it. It took 9 months and $25K to reinforce all the obvious structural deficiencies. Needless to say I will never buy another Fountain and will probably own this one forever.

Is the 540 a chev? Drew's Brother in law was in the office and was talking about you lunching the motor. I blew up a 540 Ford in my Warlock (rods out the block) and was able to put her back together with less horsepower for the guy who was with me when she let loose. He ran it for years until the boat sunk at the marina. Funny, there was so much smoke when it blew, you couldn't see my boat on the water for about 15 minutes. :rofl:

Sounds like the Drag boat racing will be fun. :USA: Sounds like a screaming engine. :sifone: You gotta be one of the only Fords out there.

11-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Can you post pics of your transom repairs? sounds interesting.

old377guy
11-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Can you post pics of your transom repairs? sounds interesting.

ditto - would love to see some pix

Rookie
11-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey 2112

Docster, Is this your Scarab? I have had these pics on my computer for years. This is one of my all time top 3 favorite boats. Would like to see more pics myself.

Rookie
11-20-2009, 09:39 AM
It kind of goes without saying that Wellcraft boats are production boats - inconsistent with their quality control. Therfore I assume that everything needs looking at. If anything needs redoing, I'm still likely to be money ahead. If certain areas check out ok, then I'm golden. I have no illusions, Wellcraft is NOT Larry Smith. I'm just happy with where Scarabs fit in the value matrix. - Jeff

I took the same approach when buying my scarab. Now I have a bit of fiberglass work that needs to be done, something that I have not done much of. I have a stringer starting cracking away from the hull. But with all the knowledge on these boards and repair threads I think I might be able to handle it.

Jason

Docster
11-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Rookie, that is now my boat. I bought from Drew 3 years ago. those are pretty good pics. The 19 year old blonde is Drews wife he married when he was 47. What a stud! The whole boat has less than 300 hrs on it. Drew of course had many motors in, Now they are 605 cu Fords They will make 820 hp at 6500. 2112 is that about right?

It is a cool boat, you pull up to the docks & everybody wants to check it out. I will gets some pic of the tramsom & keep u all posted, if I can figure out how to up load them.

I blew up the 540 that I had in my advantage that i put in my Sanger. It got hot on the last race. I had small hints along the way that it was warming up.
the impeller blew apart then Bang! So much fun.

DAREDEVIL
11-20-2009, 11:26 AM
OK,,,,she was 19 in a cool boat . i would still take both .LOL

Nice boat u got !!

Rookie
11-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Rookie, that is now my boat. I bought from Drew 3 years ago. those are pretty good pics.

If you don't mind me asking where are you out of? If I was ever in the area that boat is in I would love to see it in person. As stated earlier I have liked this boat forever.

old377guy
11-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I took the same approach when buying my scarab. Now I have a bit of fiberglass work that needs to be done, something that I have not done much of. I have a stringer starting cracking away from the hull. But with all the knowledge on these boards and repair threads I think I might be able to handle it.

Jason

bingo!

Scarab KV
11-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Docster, Is this your Scarab? I have had these pics on my computer for years. This is one of my all time top 3 favorite boats. Would like to see more pics myself.

Nice boat.

11-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Now they are 605 cu Fords They will make 820 hp at 6500. 2112 is that about right?

Or maybe a bit more. :sifone:

OK,,,,she was 19 in a cool boat . i would still take both .LOL

That is about right for that picture. They have been together about 20 years now. :)

It is a cool boat, you pull up to the docks & everybody wants to check it out. I will gets some pic of the tramsom & keep u all posted, if I can figure out how to up load them.

It is easy. Load them in a file. Go advanced in your post. Manage attachments, browse, find them in you computer and attach and upload.

olli
11-24-2009, 05:26 AM
38' Scarab picture thread
usable pics: 2
:huh: :cuss: :banghead:

Scarab KV
11-25-2009, 04:05 PM
38' Scarab picture thread
usable pics: 2
:huh: :cuss: :banghead:

Better?:D

olli
11-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Better! :kiss:

Scarab KV
11-26-2009, 10:30 AM
This is sort of the evolution of mine. Originally ordered as a Vice LTD by Bill Taylor, then refurbished by Brian & Wilma Ross for the Snap-On Poker Run series that they co-sponsored with Bills magazine. I bought it from the Ross's when they moved on to F2.

Scarab KV
11-26-2009, 10:36 AM
A couple more

Scarab KV
11-26-2009, 10:46 AM
By far the best known KV.
Original Miami Vice KV. Was used as a camera platform boat in 2nd season. Meticulously restored by Tom in New York and now currently owned by Jim in Ohio.

MikeyFIN
11-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Better! :kiss:

Olli any info about this boat?

11-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I think it is safe to say that the 38KV is one of the best looking boats made. Personally. I prefer them without the radar arch though.

The boat in post #70 is particularly cool.

MikeyFIN
11-26-2009, 02:57 PM
The 377/38KV Scarab is a fine hull with the low freeboard yes.
One of the favourites.

JETJOCK
12-03-2009, 08:33 AM
My 38KV is one toy I plan in keeping for a long time.

Dude! Sweet!
01-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Do Larry Smith's count?

Scarab KV
01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Umm....yaahhhhh:D

DAREDEVIL
01-05-2010, 02:51 AM
Do Larry Smith's count?

DAMN, l@@ks like satisfaction is in front of the titanic .LOL

Cool boat ( i mean the LS ) !!!!!

Thanks for posting those:cheers2:

MikeyFIN
01-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Do Larry Smith's count?

Definitely... these your pics?
Seen them before on the other board.

Just some useless trivia I´ve collected since a kid:
Looks like it says Queen Mary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Queen_Mary)on "Titanic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.O.S._Titanic)"....
Queen Mary is way bigger than Titanic was..and faster but has been portrayed as Titanic in movies etc.

Dude! Sweet!
01-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Definitely... these your pics?
Seen them before on the other board.

Just some useless trivia I´ve collected since a kid:
Looks like it says Queen Mary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Queen_Mary)on "Titanic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.O.S._Titanic)"....
Queen Mary is way bigger than Titanic was..and faster but has been portrayed as Titanic in movies etc.

Nope. Off the ski race site and Pfaff's site.

olli
01-14-2010, 11:59 AM

Dude! Sweet!
01-14-2010, 12:41 PM

Great photo! Thanks. Gotta love the ski race. We're going to start practicing in a week or two... Can't wait for July!

Scarab KV
01-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Great photo! Thanks. Gotta love the ski race. We're going to start practicing in a week or two... Can't wait for July!

I'm in. Does the spotter get to drink? :cheers2:

jet
01-14-2010, 01:20 PM
lake erie this fall,this video taken with Iphone 3gs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M72Qu4TmEpk

olli
01-17-2010, 10:25 AM
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21246

kvscarab38
01-17-2010, 10:58 AM
short vid:cheers2:

old377guy
01-18-2010, 06:33 PM
doing some Winter work

Dude! Sweet!
01-20-2010, 03:34 AM
I'm in. Does the spotter get to drink? :cheers2:

Doesn't everyone?! Wait, I thought you were skiing?! :sifone:

Rookie
01-23-2010, 06:24 PM
lake erie this fall,this video taken with Iphone 3gs

Is this over by Luna Pier?

Mrs. Gordo
02-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Gordo's latest project - ain't she b-e-a-u-tiful?

Scarab KV
02-23-2010, 05:27 PM

Nice

DAREDEVIL
02-23-2010, 05:44 PM
NICE .........http://www.lakecumberlandmarine.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=f6fcb99e4046381c0084de3cb4e55760

jet
02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Is this over by Luna Pier?

yep coming out of L.P.

glassdave
02-23-2010, 08:20 PM

NICE! :cool:

JETJOCK
02-23-2010, 11:25 PM
MEEEE LIKEEEEEEEEEEEe

Rookie
03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
yep coming out of L.P.
One of my best friends lives right there. Went out of that channel last year and went to Toledo and Maumee Bay Resort. I plan on heading over there this summer a few times. How's the boating?

jet
03-11-2010, 11:33 AM
its all good as long as you know where the sand bars are,O and the drinking bars too

deepv29
03-12-2010, 03:50 PM
West Coast guy here, so I'm new to the Scarab forum. I like the boats and the history. But what was the significance of the Larry Smith hull?

scarabman
03-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Larry Smith developed the original Scarab boats. He then licensed the trademark to Wellcraft and contunued to develop subsequesnt boats/designs for them. He also built some boats on his own under Team Scarab and then after the license agreement w/ Wellcraft expired in 2002. Around 2006 or so Wellcraft purchased the Scarab trademark outright from Larry Smith. The 43 molds were then sold to Eliminator

deepv29
03-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the info. Im in Eliminator country out here, so it was big news about the purchase of the 43. Did the Larry Smith hulls differ from a "non Larry Smith"? There is a 1982 Kaama special edition on the web for sale. I heard Kaama referred to the drives that were made out west in Huntington Beach. What does KAAMA refer to?

On a side note, have you seen the 38 Scarab for sale in So Cal for 19k? It on the LA Craigslist and Offshoreboat.com. It is 1990 and has the arch.

scarabman
03-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the info. Im in Eliminator country out here, so it was big news about the purchase of the 43. Did the Larry Smith hulls differ from a "non Larry Smith"? There is a 1982 Kaama special edition on the web for sale. I heard Kaama referred to the drives that were made out west in Huntington Beach. What does KAAMA refer to?

On a side note, have you seen the 38 Scarab for sale in So Cal for 19k? It on the LA Craigslist and Offshoreboat.com. It is 1990 and has the arch.

You are also in Larry Smith/Team Scarab country.

Have not seen the boat you are referring too.

Kaama Scarabs were a model name/trim package and actually had nothing to do with whether they had Kaama drives or not.

There are the LS built Scarabs which are/were a custom, purpose built boat. They are a very well built structure and have a somewhat cult like following. There are the Wellcraft built Scarabs that were designed and/or tweaked by LS and then there are the Wellcraft built Scarabs that had nothing to do with LS period other than using the trademark.

28cigarettess
01-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Here's mine....picked her up early last September :)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/skilliam/ourcig2009.jpg

Team Tsunami
01-06-2011, 01:11 AM
I have this 38 for sale at a great price!! 850hp blower motors and #5's. Runs 100mph and is a Team Scarab USA edition. All the added deacals have been removed and the boat is being buffed as we speak.

scarab43
01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Here are a couple of my 43

old377guy
01-14-2011, 09:44 PM
nice looking 43!

600sci
01-15-2011, 12:33 AM
I have this 38 for sale at a great price!! 850hp blower motors and #5's. Runs 100mph and is a Team Scarab USA edition. All the added deacals have been removed and the boat is being buffed as we speak.

WOW, was this a former race boat. I never seen this one and what would the price be on somthing like this ?
Thank you.
Very nice boat!

Team Tsunami
01-15-2011, 06:04 PM
WOW, was this a former race boat. I never seen this one and what would the price be on somthing like this ?
Thank you.
Very nice boat!

It was not a former race boat.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/1995_38_scarab100_mph_5_039_s-o37641-en.html

jez350
02-14-2011, 02:32 AM
Scarab 43,

Love your boat. Got any more pics of her? What's layout like downstairs?

scarab43
02-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Here are a couple more, down under there is a bathroom,sink, closet, couch's, bed and storage in front of that and a refridge, I put a swim platform on and took the three bladed props off and got labbed 26 four blades.