boatme
01-12-2009, 10:45 PM
my favorite systems picture

old377guy
01-13-2009, 12:15 AM
got the look, doesn't it

Clustergear
01-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Heres a couple more of Systems boat. I have a big poster of the boat hanging in my garage, I think it was an advertisement for Chevrolet engines.

Coolerman
01-21-2009, 04:04 AM
my favorite systems picture

that is one of the most badazz looking boats ever built :sifone:

boatme
01-21-2009, 06:53 AM
If i could afford it right now i would buy it and make it a nestalgic Poker Run Boat

Buckman_4
01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Didn't that boat start out as one of Sal Magluttas Boats....i know his didn't have the canopies on it....

littlenige
01-28-2009, 11:29 AM
One of mine by the mid 90's. Looked a wild ride.

Offshore Ginger
01-28-2009, 03:34 PM
If i could afford it right now i would buy it and make it a nestalgic Poker Run Boat Mark is the boat for sell ? I remember a race at Meto Beach and going to a resturant that had a 32 Skater hanging over the doorway as you walked into the joint and upon entering , talk about Kasier Systems memorabilia , WOW ! :sifone:

boatme
01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Yes,

the boat is for sale in Florida

What you saw in detroit was at race rock over the entry drive through

Offshore Ginger
01-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Yes,

the boat is for sale in Florida

What you saw in detroit was at race rock over the entry drive through Mark yes it was race rock now that you mentioned it and at that race Joe Mack & Smitty Smith barrel rolled there Cougar Cat . Race Rock what a cool place we spent the afternoon there having a very late lunch and even Pete stopped in .

Steve 1
01-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Mark yes it was race rock now that you mentioned it and at that race Joe Mack & Smitty Smith barrel rolled there Cougar Cat . Race Rock what a cool place we spent the afternoon there having a very late lunch and even Pete stopped in .

Smitty now there is another character for the books

FastDonzi
01-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Smitty now there is another character for the books

Yes Smitty was quite the character, A Close family friend (my mom still hangs out with his first wife every weekend) I worked with him for a while, I'd see him in the morning and ask " How are you today Smitty?" His reply.." I'm F'ing Perfect"..Did you know, Smitty is one of Few people that know the "Secret Recipe" for KFC Chicken?

Steve 1
01-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Yes Smitty was quite the character, A Close family friend (my mom still hangs out with his first wife every weekend) I worked with him for a while, I'd see him in the morning and ask " How are you today Smitty?" His reply.." I'm F'ing Perfect"..Did you know, Smitty is one of Few people that know the "Secret Recipe" for KFC Chicken?

He was a real smart guy and did a lot of things long before anyone else even thought of it.

Sean Stinson
02-14-2009, 11:58 PM
If i could afford it right now i would buy it and make it a nestalgic Poker Run Boat

Its for sale right now if you want cfontact me and I will get you the info

DPT MOTORSPORTS
02-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Smitty actually lived in Jersey for awhile as well when he was first getting into the game. He use to keep one of his boats that he worked on, on a dirt road right next to where NJ Outboards is today in Bayville, NJ.

Sean Stinson
02-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey Mark I actually have some footage of the old Systems boat running in the 88 Worlds in Key West that is probably some of the most phenomenal footage evr shot with T2x commentating the whole while right up to the mini stuff.........

MarylandMark
02-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Did you know, Smitty is one of Few people that know the "Secret Recipe" for KFC Chicken?

Seriously?

boatme
02-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Sean

you are killing me man i love to see that thing run

I have a copyof there promotion video as well

Can you post the vid??

Sean Stinson
02-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Sean

you are killing me man i love to see that thing run

I have a copyof there promotion video as well

Can you post the vid??

Dude you have to give me some time to dig it up it is packed away but I have a whole lot of info on that boat.......

T2x
02-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Didn't that boat start out as one of Sal Magluttas Boats....i know his didn't have the canopies on it....

No

FastDonzi
02-20-2009, 10:51 AM

It started off as "Sprinter" it raced one time in Keywest then Bob bought it.

It was blue, with a flat (vertical) transom, errol had the sections of the transom changed to 13* for the use of Mercruiser drives (they didin't like vertical transoms back then)

T2x
02-20-2009, 03:24 PM
It started off as "Sprinter" it raced one time in Keywest then Bob bought it.

It was blue, with a flat (vertical) transom, errol had the sections of the transom changed to 13* for the use of Mercruiser drives (they didin't like vertical transoms back then)

Which one are you talking about...????

The "Sikkens" Maclaren boat (his last hull) was custom made for Kaiser.

FastDonzi
02-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Which one are you talking about...????

The "Sikkens" Maclaren boat (his last hull) was custom made for Kaiser.

I Thought he was talking about the first one, which could easily be confused with the black seahawk cat since they both started off with the same Low Pro sit down cowls, before Errol had the custom rounded ones made for the canopies.

Clustergear
05-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Wife was cleaning out her dresser and came across this tee shirt, never worn. Probably from around 89-90 but not sure

Sean Stinson
05-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I have a couple of those somewhere but really worn

RACESDAD
05-10-2009, 12:48 PM
wanna sell it?

h2oMag
05-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Mark is the boat for sell ? I remember a race at Meto Beach and going to a resturant that had a 32 Skater hanging over the doorway as you walked into the joint and upon entering , talk about Kasier Systems memorabilia , WOW ! :sifone:

The 32' Skater hanging I believe was the old American Dream of [Pete the Prince] one of the first canopy cats. It later became the Nightmare cat that sank at the 1987 Key West Worlds. Bob Moore than bought it for the canopy at his Detroit Race Rock. At one of the Race Rock races [92 or 93] at Metro Beach, Bob Kaiser raced the Jaguar cat of John D'Elia. At the 1992 Race Rock race was a great day for our team [Eastern Express] as we beat Agitator for the first time. Here is a pic of that great day with Bob K, Rob K & Bob Moore with our owner driver the late Joe Bresciami.

nocigarette
05-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Who's the handsome fella at the end??????

h2oMag
05-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Who's the handsome fella at the end??????

Rumor has it he was the Crew Chief. :sifone:

Offshore Ginger
05-10-2009, 08:46 PM
The 32' Skater hanging I believe was the old American Dream of [Pete the Prince] one of the first canopy cats. It later became the Nightmare cat that sank at the 1987 Key West Worlds. Bob Moore than bought it for the canopy at his Detroit Race Rock. At one of the Race Rock races [92 or 93] at Metro Beach, Bob Kaiser raced the Jaguar cat of John D'Elia. At the 1992 Race Rock race was a great day for our team [Eastern Express] as we beat Agitator for the first time. Here is a pic of that great day with Bob K, Rob K & Bob Moore with our owner driver the late Joe Bresciami. h20 , the American dream is still being stored in one of the many pole barns at Skater and the boat you are talking about , was sitting around & going to be cut up until the owner of Race Rock cut a deal with Pete for the hull and a vary low quauity deck and i am the person who did the repair on Eastern Express when the tie bar broke causing much damage to the stern

h2oMag
05-10-2009, 11:23 PM
h20 , the American dream is still being stored in one of the many pole barns at Skater and the boat you are talking about , was sitting around & going to be cut up until the owner of Race Rock cut a deal with Pete for the hull and a vary low quauity deck and i am the person who did the repair on Eastern Express when the tie bar broke causing much damage to the stern

Thanks for the right info, it must have been the many cocktails over the years at the Pirates Den in Key West that clouds the brain:cheers2: If I remember right the 32' Skater American Dream was so futuristic they said it looked like a toy RC boat Back In The Day. You did a great job repairing our Skater after we raced her till all the parts fell off.:sifone: Did you do the repair after we sunk her at Panama City 1992, that also was a great job done at Skater. After that she went on to win many races.:cool:

h2oMag
05-11-2009, 12:15 AM
From around 1985 to 1994 Bob Kaiser was my neighbor here on Lake St Clair, witch made for a great home town rivalry. In the 80's we raced the Active & Image M-17 Motor City Magic cat and then in the 90's the Skater. Even though we raced in different classes, we would have many fun test sessions here in the bay.:boxing_smiley: Bob Kaiser got his start racing with Red Crain [another local friend] and his 37' Active cat, before he became Mr Top Gun!!!

Clustergear
05-12-2009, 09:18 AM
wanna sell it?

yea

sal cimino
05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
looking for pictures of bob kaiser's boat with "EXCALIBUR" anyone has any? thanks..

chewiekw
05-17-2009, 03:12 PM
here are a couple

sal cimino
05-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks

boatme
07-09-2009, 08:33 AM
ahhhh give me the good old days

Geronimo36
07-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Did Ben Kramer borrow one of the Systems boats to go for the championship after Ben and Bobby stuffed the cat?

NNRT
07-09-2009, 11:40 AM
think Ben borrowed Sal Magluta's Seahawk - for that race in Miami - as I remember it was not black - but Grey ! but I could be mistaken !

Phil

boatme
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Phil,

What are you filming these days ?? you still do the boat stuff ?? are you doing other sports ??

smokeybandit
07-09-2009, 01:02 PM
think Ben borrowed Sal Magluta's Seahawk - for that race in Miami - as I remember it was not black - but Grey ! but I could be mistaken !

Phil

Correct Phil. It was the grey Seahawk.

skrap
07-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Guys,

Here it is.

John

Geronimo36
07-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks guys!