PDA

View Full Version : Progress

mbam
01-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Seems like my projects take forever these days. At least I finally made some progress on my 20.

I'm going for the stealth concept. Almost flat engine hatch, clean transom, quiet.

Now I just have to figure how I want to get from the end of the tailpipe to that exhaust hole below the drive. I have a couple of ideas, will probably take me another year to move on them. :)

Ratickle
01-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Seems like my projects take forever these days. At least I finally made some progress on my 20.

I'm going for the stealth concept. Almost flat engine hatch, clean transom, quiet.

Now I just have to figure how I want to get from the end of the tailpipe to that exhaust hole below the drive. I have a couple of ideas, will probably take me another year to move on them. :)

Take a look at how Saxman did his BT. Looks like it would work slick.

Offshoredrillin
01-11-2009, 11:20 AM
looks great Marc, Delo did the same thing on his Nortech cat, ask Terry Sobo, he may have an idea.

Tommy Gun
01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
What are the consequences of dumping the exhaust right in front of the lower unit?

Ratickle
01-11-2009, 03:32 PM
What are the consequences of dumping the exhaust right in front of the lower unit?

Now that's a good question. :huh:

Chris
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM

Should be zero once up on plane. That portion of thr hull would be dry when running. You'd have to be really careful with cam selection.

mbam
01-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I think it is going to help it get on plane. One of the problems with a Blackhawk is that it really loads heavy before the props start running in a surfacing condition.

At least that's my theory :)

Cam is mild, this is one of the 400HP 383 Scorpion's from Mercury. I might hook up a bypass to the stock exhaust outlet, then is should be no worse that standard through-prop exhaust as far as back pressure . Actually better as the exhaust passage in the Blackhawk is very close to the surface being above the props and in front of them. Just below the passage in the gimbal housing.

Wild
01-12-2009, 10:16 PM
more pics please

Sea-Dated
01-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Can't way to see it when you are all done with it....