PDA

View Full Version : ! Please Read: A word about Pictures. [Updated]

cigdaze
10-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Pictures are worth a thousand words, and we encourage the use of all mediums to share your prized captures. Of course, you can upload your pics directly to the site, if you choose, and many members upload their pics from other hosting sites (such as photobucket, flickr, etc.). This is fine and well, but please keep the size of the pictures to a reasonable size. Generally, 800 x 600 allows for comfortable viewing for most folks. We understand that some of us are viewing on nice, big screens which can handle larger sizes, but for most people the limits are smaller. When one links to some 3000 pixel photo, it really bogs things down and effects the thread formatting - and let's face it, we don't need to be able to count the nose hairs on your mug shot, heheheh... ;)

Please bear with us on this.

Many thanks, enjoy, and welcome!

Strip Poker 388
10-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Ok Cig 800 x 600 it is:)

Dear Strip Poker 388,

Rexone has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - ! Please Read: A word about Pictures. - in the On The Dock forum of SeriousOffshore.com.

This thread is located at:
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
SP388, to check pic size simply right click on the pic and go to properties. It should show you the dimensions and file size.

You can also see this by viewing the file in Windows Explorer in the "detail" viewing mode on your machine.

Yes the site is auto resizing the attachments it appears. If you host off the site tho you will see pics full size and that is where everyone needs to self regulate by resizing themselves before hosting (some hosting sites do it too).

Question
I am only getting the size not the DPI?

Thanks
Rob:)

Rexone
10-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Ok Cig 800 x 600 it is:)

Question
I am only getting the size not the DPI?

Thanks
Rob:)

Rob see the other thread where I talked about dpi. :)