I'm voting Dawn for the "Good".

stecz20
10-11-2008, 04:58 PM
what about stecz......

Tony
10-11-2008, 05:05 PM
what about stecz......

Theres only room for GOOD and BAD.

Do yourself a favor and leave questionable out of the equation.

...now where is Cash bar....:D

stecz20
10-11-2008, 05:23 PM
i told you sunkin is the ugly, dont make me repeat...

Edward R. Cozzi
10-12-2008, 01:06 PM
There should also be a "Questionable" catagory.

cosmic12
10-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Theres only room for GOOD and BAD.

Do yourself a favor and leave questionable out of the equation.

D

There is a question here?:rofl:

Wrinkleface
10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Was that the cat that had "Lick Marine"??????????

Reindlpowerboats
10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
yep

boatme
10-21-2008, 06:06 AM
There should also be a "Questionable" catagory.

Ok i will put my self into this one :)

getchasum111
10-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Chris Sunkin

The ugly.....

what in the hell are you flying that rainbow flag for....say it ain't so....

yesrej
10-23-2008, 12:21 PM
what in the hell are you flying that rainbow flag for....say it ain't so....

i thinkhe is trying to tease hot boat.:moon::moon:

phragle
10-23-2008, 01:18 PM
we need a last catagory, the good the bad the ugly and the morally corrupt.

MarineClean
10-27-2008, 07:22 PM
I was talking witha close friend about this today!

Since it looks like I will never get my money or product, can someone please give him a SBRT visit?

It would make my month to see before and after pics!:sifone:

stecz20
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
in due time my friend, in due time... the right way to do it is when hes settled in and feels comfortable.. then bang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! right upside his head.......

masher44
10-28-2008, 10:49 AM
I know a dirt nap outfit in SC, have their own shovel too :leaving:

Tomas Wallin
11-19-2008, 05:03 AM
Since it looks like I will never get my money or product, can someone please give him a SBRT visit?

It would make my month to see before and after pics!:sifone:

Definately!!! :26:

cigdaze
11-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Judgment against Fred:
http://secure.georgetowncountysc.org/publicindex/PICaseDetails.aspx?County=22+&Casenum=2007CP2200630&CourtType=G&CaseType=Civil&CourtAgency=22002&LastName=Cecil&FirstName=Fred

A bit over $350,000. :eek:

buck
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Did anyone ever find Fred? I knew he was selling realestate for a short time but hadn't heard anything since then.

Buck

cigdaze
12-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Did anyone ever find Fred? I knew he was selling realestate for a short time but hadn't heard anything since then.

Buck

There was an OSO campaign to warn the realtor about Fred; We got him fired. Haven't heard anything since.

DonMan
12-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

mdgperf
12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
CMI price increase,Thanks fred(low overhead low prices)

getchasum111
01-18-2009, 11:55 AM

Buck

I haven't heard from him since after his son Clint died....he is my uncle and no one in my family has heard anything from him....i know he did wrong but i still would like to know how he is doing...along with the rest of his clan....

buck
01-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Odd that someone that well know could dissappear that quickly without a trace.

Buck

stecz20
01-18-2009, 09:52 PM
you can hide for a little while, hell be found again...

old377guy
01-18-2009, 10:02 PM
you can hide for a little while, hell be found again...

so remember that next time you try to sneak out of town:sifone:

BattleCry
01-26-2009, 10:30 PM
He's probably in South Florida doing the Miami Shuffle.

catmando
03-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Of all the bad deals that have come down the last 8-10 years, Fred Cecil is the most disappointing for me. He was the last person I would have suspected of being a rip off.

ROGUE
03-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Of all the bad deals that have come down the last 8-10 years, Fred Cecil is the most disappointing for me. He was the last person I would have suspected of being a rip off.

Like your buddy Barry H O?

catmando
04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Like your buddy Barry H O?Like your buddy George W B?

OldSchool
04-15-2009, 08:38 PM

Let me guess, Fred was a friend of yours??:rofl::rofl:

Playn
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM

Ditto

Let me guess, Fred was a friend of yours??:rofl::rofl:

I thought he was a friend of mine.

ratabastardahole
10-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I know a dirt nap outfit in SC, have their own shovel too :leaving:

sup masher hows the dirt treating ya lately? let me know when yer down for a costa rica vacation...costa rica where the whores are cheaper than the coke...you can get laid twice down here for the price of a lap dance in jersey

ratabastardahole
10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Odd that someone that well know could dissappear that quickly without a trace.

Buck

buck i heard fred was last seen running a center console boat off the coast of somalia

buck
10-05-2009, 02:29 PM
buck i heard fred was last seen running a center console boat off the coast of somalia

LOL!!

What you are you doing you old fart? Long time no talk.

Audiofn
10-08-2009, 09:43 PM

I was more disappointed with Troutley then Too Old.

Bobcat
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I was more disappointed with Troutley then Too Old.

I'm fairly certain the cat will not answer.......being "Infamous" and all;)

cigdaze
10-09-2009, 09:00 AM
For the record, Troutly screwed one person. Fred screwed hundreds.
Troutly didn't surprise me, Fred did.

jayboat
10-09-2009, 09:05 AM
For the record, Troutly screwed one person. Fred screwed hundreds.
Troutly didn't surprise me, Fred did.

good point.

Audiofn
10-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Screwing people in business will NEVER compair to scewing your neice IMO. Fred was a horrible business man. I saw it and so did many others. People will recover from getting f-ed with money. I have tons of customers that have screwed me over money and life moves on. The damage that can be done to some one like what Troutly did, that girl was never going to get over that.

Chris
10-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Fred was a crook. Scott was a self-indulgent monster. Fred should have gone to jail for what he did. Troutly should have had his life shattered permenently, like he did to his niece.

Airpacker
10-11-2009, 11:12 AM
IMHO, Fred should be doing hard time, Scott should have been shot, many times in non critical places ...............................................at first.

MikeyFIN
10-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Well guess itīs global that incesters and childmolesters are the lowest filth inside so Scott has it coming ?
I Knew a guy who raped his daughter (a classmate of my oldest) and he got locked in a maximum security prison, well heīs paralyzed now because the inmates got him even though he was supposed not to be in contact with any other inmates... things just happen...

cigdaze
10-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Well guess itīs global that incesters and childmolesters are the lowest filth inside so Scott has it coming ?
I Knew a guy who raped his daughter (a classmate of my oldest) and he got locked in a maximum security prison, well heīs paralyzed now because the inmates got him even though he was supposed not to be in contact with any other inmates... things just happen...
That's befitting. That's how it should be. Sadly, here in the states a guys like Scott got a few months probation, and he got to keep his pension. Makes me sick.

DAREDEVIL
10-13-2009, 10:19 AM
That's befitting. That's how it should be. Sadly, here in the states a guys like Scott got a few months probation, and he got to keep his pension. Makes me sick.

I hate when they have the same name then me !!!!!!!!!!

wannabe
10-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I must be one of the few that got what I ordered and paid for from them. I ordered 4 Lifeline jackets as Trick had the best price, they arrived at my door. I count myself lucky as I would not have wanted to be out the $ 900 or whateever they cost in August of 2007.

Wannabe

Frequency
10-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Troutly surprised me because i had only met him briefly on a few occasions. He seemed OK to me, but friends that knew him better said he was a jerk.

I find myself trying to analyze the Fred situation. True, we all saw the gradual decline. I don't know if Fred was the type of person I classify as a "selective screwer", someone who tries to treat people they like for one reason or another better than those they do not like, or if he treated everyone well at first until he just couldn't make it financially anymore. :(

Audiofn
10-31-2009, 10:05 PM
The people that for the most part were the Fred "chearleaders" were the ones that did not place large orders. The ones that I know anyhow that put in for large orders all had big troubles.

Buoy
11-01-2009, 01:51 AM
The people that for the most part were the Fred "chearleaders" were the ones that did not place large orders. The ones that I know anyhow that put in for large orders all had big troubles.

I never placed an order of any kind with Fred.
But, I'll admit, I was a supporter. When I first got on the boards (circa '98-'99), he was one that welcomed me, and we traded jokes on the boards.
I really thought he had more character than to screw people the way he did.
I think he found himself in desperate times, and instead of sucking up his failure, he soaked a lot of honest people.
It absolutely sucks that a lot of people lost a lot of money in their dealings.
It sucks also that a man I thought had integrity dumped it all to the wayside in an attempt to cover his azz, and in the process soaked a lot of CUSTOMERS and VENDORS.
Sorry, if you phucked up, it's on your azz to make it right.

MikeyFIN
11-01-2009, 03:46 AM

Thatīs what wouldīve happened in Sweden...

MikeyFIN
11-01-2009, 03:48 AM
I hate when they have the same name then me !!!!!!!!!!

You can always change yourīs if it bugs you... to Osama,Obama, whatever...:biggrinjester:

MarylandMark
11-01-2009, 09:31 AM

Jail house justice; firmer and swifter than the legal system. Good job.

Trout's pension is a big hard on for me- one of the few people that bother me enough that I'd be happy in jail for busting in the head with a bat. And all his crap happened before I was an online boater.

OldSchool
11-01-2009, 10:25 AM
I must be one of the few that got what I ordered and paid for from them. I ordered 4 Lifeline jackets as Trick had the best price, they arrived at my door. I count myself lucky as I would not have wanted to be out the $ 900 or whateever they cost in August of 2007.

Wannabe

Many people ordered and received their goods.......but you have to understand the scam that Fred was running. He was basically a middleman. The biggest crime that he committed was the fact that he didn't pay the people who supplied him so he could supply his customers. He got the $$$ and didn't pass it on!!!

Audiofn
11-03-2009, 02:31 AM
I never placed an order of any kind with Fred.
But, I'll admit, I was a supporter. When I first got on the boards (circa '98-'99), he was one that welcomed me, and we traded jokes on the boards.
I really thought he had more character than to screw people the way he did.
I think he found himself in desperate times, and instead of sucking up his failure, he soaked a lot of honest people.
It absolutely sucks that a lot of people lost a lot of money in their dealings.
It sucks also that a man I thought had integrity dumped it all to the wayside in an attempt to cover his azz, and in the process soaked a lot of CUSTOMERS and VENDORS.
Sorry, if you phucked up, it's on your azz to make it right.

I would love to tink it was as simple as that, but remember what he did as things went down in flames. He never returned any phone calles and was blowing stuff out on Ebay and practically taunting people as he sold off what ever he had left on the shelf. Then he sends his daughter in to tell us all we are a bunch of self indulgent jerks....... That was one of the all time classic posts. :D

jayboat
11-03-2009, 07:33 AM
I would love to tink it was as simple as that, but remember what he did as things went down in flames. He never returned any phone calles and was blowing stuff out on Ebay and practically taunting people as he sold off what ever he had left on the shelf. Then he sends his daughter in to tell us all we are a bunch of self indulgent jerks....... That was one of the all time classic posts. :D

Plenty of hot keyboards that day-
the page count on that thread was spinning like a gas pump dial. :reddevil:

Buoy
11-03-2009, 11:57 AM

You're absolutely right.

Indy
11-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Hionas has to be up there with the worst of the worst.

getchasum111
11-13-2009, 04:44 PM

I think Joy took it upon herself to stand up for her father...thats just natural...Fred would never had set out to screw people over but,when things got bad he chose not to do the right thing....it didn't have to get that bad....

OldSchool
11-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Hionas has to be up there with the worst of the worst.

I still to this day can't believe that he's not in jail...or a dumpster....or a landfill.

Unbelieveable!!!!

Lubejobs42
11-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Isn't this the time of year for forgiving?!!! :):)

catastrophe
11-30-2009, 05:05 AM

No ...this is THANKSgiving

FORgiving is in March

Continue on:):):)

cashbrain
11-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I still to this day can't believe that he's not in jail...or a dumpster....or a landfill.

Unbelieveable!!!!

I am trying to figure out how being a chitty businessman equates to murder.
Granted, I am not a proponent of what he did and he should be accountable and make restitution, but wishing he was dead? Not so much

Additionaly, we have a court system to resolve these issues..
Just MHO though..

OldSchool
11-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Granted, I am not a proponent of what he did and he should be accountable and make restitution, but wishing he was dead? Not so much

Just MHO though..

Whatever Jack :rolleyes: I don't see where anyone said anything about murder.

You've had great luck with the court system, haven't you? :rofl::rofl::sifone::sifone:

DAREDEVIL
11-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Damn, this Fred is very very importent to some ??!!! :rolleyes:

Can't we just let it go ?? its been a long time since he screwed everybody.......no post will get any money back !!!!!:boxing_smiley::ack2:

cashbrain
11-30-2009, 01:12 PM

You've had great luck with the court system, haven't you? :rofl::rofl::sifone::sifone:

I have actually...yes :kiss:

cashbrain
11-30-2009, 01:27 PM

Hey Craig..are you ever wrong?

cigdaze
11-30-2009, 01:52 PM

Just MHO though..

Equating, or even supposing therein lies some far-fetched similarity, to one's reaction of surprise to some contrived non-event to an endeavor to wish for said non-event is beyond preposterous.

OldSchool
11-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey Craig..are you ever wrong?

OK, Jack, I'll be your huckleberry...
I'm wrong quite often and, unlike you, have no problem admitting when I am wrong. One of the most recent times was when I agreed to let you back on here after your first ban. You know, the one when You told Chris to go phuck himself and that we should make it a permanent ban, BECAUSE YOU WERE NEVER COMING BACK. Do you remember that Jack?

You seem to have an incredibly hard time getting along with people. Why? I have no idea, but it's certainly a pattern. That being said, here's a little advice.

1. Quit living in the past. It's gone and you can't control it. The future is something that you can do something about.

2. Stop with the "I did this and I did that" posts and threads. No one cares. Go look at the thread that you started about the boat show party. It had one purpose and that was to try and convince people that they can't do it as well as you could....before they kicked you out of the club.

3. Just be a lurker for a while. Read other peoples posts and threads. Maybe post a joke or two, laugh a little, try to make friends, etc...

That's all that I have time for right now. It's up to you whether or not you get to stay here. :)

cashbrain
11-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Like I said...
I'm not the one arguing here...

cashbrain
11-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for being my Huckleberry... what are friends for? :kiss:

old377guy
11-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for being my Huckleberry... what are friends for? :kiss:

infinitely better that being one's dingleberry..

Indy
11-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Just MHO though..

Is he in jail?

cashbrain
12-01-2009, 11:58 PM
infinitely better that being one's dingleberry..

I had a coach that gave us a speech on dingleberries when I was in HS..
Just hysterical..little poop balls :willy_nilly:

Dean's Customs
12-19-2009, 06:28 AM
I remember on OSO when I tried to warn some people early on about what a scumbag he was, boy it I get a ration of s h i t. He had some real defenders at that time, some have posted on this thread....

KAAMA
12-31-2009, 12:47 AM

I have heard it said: "Forgiveness is greater than vengence...and compassion more powerful than anger"

phragle
12-31-2009, 01:04 AM
God forgives, it's our job to arrange the meeting.

dykstra
01-01-2010, 12:04 PM
God forgives, it's our job to arrange the meeting.

Hilarious!

Smarty
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
I remember on OSO when I tried to warn some people early on about what a scumbag he was, boy it I get a ration of s h i t. He had some real defenders at that time, some have posted on this thread....

Ditto, about him having defenders, and I too got a ration of sh*t for questioning Fred Cecil's lack of ....

Lofty
01-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Many people ordered and received their goods.......but you have to understand the scam that Fred was running. He was basically a middleman. The biggest crime that he committed was the fact that he didn't pay the people who supplied him so he could supply his customers. He got the $$$ and didn't pass it on!!!

Bingo!!!

Never mind the relentless badmouthing of other marine businesses he did behind closed doors. He always liked to warn people about the crooked west coast marine suppliers. Probably becuase we all knew all about his MO and what he did with his Burger King franchise deals... another sad story...

Ask CMI how much they are owed. Ugly and a half!

TCEd
01-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Cecil ( Too Old ) bought and sold a number of boats within the offshore community. I remember these :

Sonic
Cigarette flatdeck
Sutphen
newer Cigarette
Formula

Did he screw anyone on these deals or was most of his crimes done via the parts business ?

After his fall I remember a number of parts retailers and manufacturers saying there was no way they could sell for his prices. His defenders were probably those that bought at those lowball prices.
ed

LotoSteve
01-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Cecil ( Too Old ) bought and sold a number of boats within the offshore community. I remember these :

Sonic
Cigarette flatdeck
Sutphen
newer Cigarette
Formula

Did he screw anyone on these deals or was most of his crimes done via the parts business ?

After his fall I remember a number of parts retailers and manufacturers saying there was no way they could sell for his prices. His defenders were probably those that bought at those lowball prices.
ed

I remember reading the guy that bought the Sonic never got the title.

boatme
01-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Time to write a book about Fred we can call it "TRICK or Treat"

endeavor1
01-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Time to write a book about Fred we can call it "TRICK or Treat"

:cheers2: :smash:

getchasum111
01-07-2010, 07:34 PM

Sonic
Cigarette flatdeck
Sutphen
newer Cigarette
Formula

ed

you forgot the 28 foot pantera

Indy
01-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Don't forget his buddy's 33 PowerPlay

Ted
01-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Actually a friend of mine bought the 35 Fountain he was selling for a friend and was very pleased with the whole transaction and the boat. I bought a trailer from him and he pulled it halfway, brought me a couple of t-shirts, nice stuff. Too bad it went so poorly later on. :(

Ryan Beckley
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
There was a 24' Skater as well. And ,Yes, I WAS a TRICK supporter.....there I said it.

US1Fountain
01-08-2010, 09:45 PM
brought me a couple of t-shirts, :(

I recieved a Trick tee shirt with a minor purchase. On my 2nd order, Fred told me on OSO chat 1 night he had the parts in stock I wanted. Called next day to buy. I have to assume I was talking wiht Boatme's son at this point. He said no parts and asked Fred about them. Was told they were on order. Called back when delivery date was here. No parts. In fact, no parts were ever ordered. Fred even lied to his employees.

On a positve note, the free tee shirt made for a nice rag when changing oils. It was either a rag or to wipe my azz with it. Came down to my azz was too good for wiping with that shirt. :sifone:

boatme
01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
My son could tell some stories (and has told me many)

Fred only used the computer for forums He had no ability for order process or book keeping on a computer

My son started taking His laptop to work to at least track orders he had responsibility for but could not get Fred to see urgency in any particular order unless it was a personal contact of Fred’s and even that went away after a while

Fred turned out to be a crook but his true demise started with his incompetency in running his business

It was sad and it was bad

Fred closed up his last Burger King in the middle of the night after telling his employees they were remodeling and would be off for two weeks then he spent one entire night loading what he could get out of the place and then locking the doors forever

Turned out he only cared about himself

sad sad deal in the end

My son had moved back to Michigan before the entire bottom fell out but he was burned in the end as well

BattleCry
01-22-2010, 04:40 AM
you forgot the 28 foot pantera

I didn't forget about the 28 Pantera deal. I put the boat up for sale for my buddy Bill. The deal was all set in place and Fred came up to sea trail the boat. He then wanted a little more money off. So that was agreed upon and a sale was made. Fred tows the boat from Illinois back to South Carolina. Two weeks later Bill gets a phone call that Fred blew a drive. Bill says "its your boat and you bought it AS IS". Fred makes all kinds of threats and Bill, trying to avoid having his Name ran into the ground, sends Fred another drive. Two weeks later the other side blows a drive. In "good faith" Bill sends another drive. Still haven't seen the 2 blown drives sent back to us. All the while Fred is bashing Bill on oso and to other people.

I go on oso in the Pantera section and voice my opinion of what has happened. I call Fred out as the crook that he is and the bandwagon jumped on me like a pack of wolves. I receive a few threats and counter with a few threats of my own. I even received a phone call from the principle's office asking me to lay off. I'm pretty sure it was deleted. Everybody kept telling me what a great guy he was and that I should just stop this crusade. He was a crook then and proved to be an even big one in the end.

I travel for a living and I'm sure our paths will cross someday soon.

Hey Dean. What's up?

Big Andy

Dean's Customs
02-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi Andy, hope all is well with you...

Take care

Helmwurst
03-14-2010, 10:38 AM
The 33 Powerquest deal was one of the biggest of all.. I don't own it but my friend does. The guy that Fred sold the boat for was here last summer and we took him out on his old boat. The story is so bizzare that it is like a movie plot. Fred was a ***** !! I bought stuff from him early on and he always came through and then everything went to hell for him. But ripping off your best friend is in-excusable.

boatme
03-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Fred had my son deliver the boat. He stopped home to say hi before he completed the trip and headed back to SC

northernoffshore
03-18-2010, 12:04 AM
who has the powerplay now?

Indy
03-18-2010, 07:20 AM
who has the powerplay now?

It resides in LOTO last time I heard. I tried to purchase that boat but never got call backs from Fred, good thing I guess.