PDA

View Full Version : Now What?

clayinaustin
10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Are we trying to wean ourselves off of OffShoreonly? :leaving:

Should we continue to post on both? Or, are the "founders" of this site asking all members to stay off of OffShoreonly?

I will happily drink the "kool aid" here, but I don't want this site to turn into another Boatfreaks. :(

What do we do now? :lurk5:

Bobcat
10-20-2008, 11:58 AM
no one is asking you to stay off of any sites,we all still go back & forth,this is just a viable alternative to slow responses to problems on other sites. please feel free to make suggestions to make this site better,it is all of ours to enjoy(and we got stecz)

cosmic12
10-20-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't think anyone is asking anyone to stay off the other site, I still go there. What this turns into is up to you. The Charter members are here by invitation and your opions and ideas are needed, you have the power to make it a great place to be and where you want to be.

Wild
10-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Nice, how long has it been up, some people have hundreds of post already, i feel like a newby :)

cosmic12
10-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Nice, how long has it been up, some people have hundreds of post already, i feel like a newby :)

Today is the first day live.

Wrinkleface
10-20-2008, 12:04 PM

Should we continue to post on both? Or, are the "founders" of this site asking all members to stay off of OffShoreonly?

I will happily drink the "kool aid" here, but I don't want this site to turn into another Boatfreaks. :(

Dude, U can still play w/ yourself anywhere U want!!!!!!:rofl:

Airpacker
10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
The founders have been beating the crap out of the system for a week looking for issues in the system. Once all the bug ( we hope) were caught and worked out, we got the official okie dokie to start invinting our "special" friends.

Stecz doesn't have any friends so he will be inviting bums of the steet or who ever else will even listen to him.:rofl:

Airpacker
10-20-2008, 12:28 PM

Clay, the choice is yours.
As the brains behind this new venture has pointed out to the rest of us founders, this site is not meant as "competition" to OSO. This site is meant as a new place we can call our own. No MEGA com site owner. No corporate azzkissing. No friggin GOOGLE crap. No BS. Just a boating site run by boaters for boaters.

I still visit several boating sites although I have a new home base right here at Serious.

If you have any questions or suggestions, use the forum info section. I guarantee you will not wait 3 weeks or longer for a BS answer unlike some other forementioned boating site.

sellsman11
10-20-2008, 12:31 PM
What about Apache's?? Are they slow on this site also?:rofl::reddevil::beatdeadhorse5:

yzbert
10-20-2008, 12:41 PM
what about apache's?? Are they slow on this site also?:rofl::reddevil::beatdeadhorse5:

:d:)

Ms PatriYacht
10-20-2008, 12:50 PM

what happend at boat freaks. As far as I can see most people are posting on multiple sites, even the founders.

clayinaustin
10-20-2008, 12:52 PM
what happend at boat freaks. As far as I can seen most people are posting on multiple sites, even the founders.

Boatfreaks got real busy for a while, then it died down. I don't want to be posting on three (or more) sites. I just want to be an active member on the one boating site that has a real future. Is this it? :seeya:

Racegirl3
10-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Boatfreaks got real busy for a while, then it died down. I don't want to be posting on three (or more) sites. I just want to be an active member on the one boating site that has a real future. Is this it? :seeya:

This is it. :kiss:

cigdaze
10-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Have fun, enjoy the site.
Everyone here today, is here by invitation. This is a great core group, that we'll be steadily building on. So yes, this is now it.

Welcome aboard.

bootdaddy
10-20-2008, 01:01 PM

YUP!

And if things need to be adjusted we can make it happen...ie. my guy is in charge of server - I am confident speed will never be a problem!!!:)

ThrottleUp Props
10-20-2008, 01:06 PM
No kidding!

Julie

sy goldberg
10-20-2008, 01:17 PM
What does STECZ have to do with this ?

clayinaustin
10-20-2008, 01:19 PM

Where RG3 goes, I follow! :party:

Airpacker
10-20-2008, 01:27 PM
What does STECZ have to do with this ?

Stecz is the king. Of what, no one is really sure. You might have to ask him. I have no doubt he will take up hours of your valuable time explaining it to you.:ack2:

ChiefApache
10-20-2008, 01:27 PM
What about Apache's?? Are they slow on this site also?:rofl::reddevil::beatdeadhorse5:

Not at all. This is SERIOUS!! And so are those who own Apaches! :rofl::boxing_smiley:

yesrej
10-20-2008, 04:24 PM
glad to be a part of this and i do believe this is it.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-20-2008, 04:34 PM
The forum is only the beginning. Keep your eye on posts from Chris.

stecz20
10-20-2008, 04:36 PM
be yourselves, and have fun.. we all seem to be seking what oso has lost, we will find it again.... its right in front of you....

fund razor
10-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Not at all. This is SERIOUS!! And so are those who own Apaches! :rofl::boxing_smiley:

Sunkin made me buy an Apache just so that I could get in. :D

fund razor
10-20-2008, 05:44 PM
I am not sure that I will have a need for OSO anymore... once my friends are over here.
I have still been going over there during the testing phase of SOS.

Buoy
10-20-2008, 05:46 PM
I am not sure that I will have a need for OSO anymore... once my friends are over here.
I have still been going over there during the testing phase of SOS.

I'm thinking about the same thing.
I imagine in very short time, there won't be much need.

glassdave
10-20-2008, 06:05 PM
The forum is only the beginning. Keep your eye on posts from Chris.

yea i think i heard he was gonna pay us according to how much we post :leaving: :sifone:

Buoy
10-20-2008, 06:06 PM
yea i think i heard he was gonna pay us according to how much we post:leaving: :sifone:

I'm going to go ahead and put in my notice at work as soon as I can get a confirmation on this.

RHC
10-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Only one question ,,, Where's Nort??? Nort stand up and be counted!:seeya:

RHC

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-20-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm going to go ahead and put in my notice at work as soon as I can get a confirmation on this.

OK who else is :drool5: over that idea?

Buoy
10-20-2008, 06:29 PM
OK who else is :drool5: over that idea?

Yeah, you, Fund, me, and a few others were pretty busy putting this place through it's paces before going live.

Expensive Date
10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
It seemed that OSO got quiet when we started testing this site

BY U BOY
10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I thought Tex said you would be cool if you bought one:sifone:

TEAMBAJA
10-20-2008, 08:09 PM

RHC

Thats not nice Roger, he is standing! :rofl:

Love Machine
10-20-2008, 08:25 PM

Where Strip Poker goes, I follow for the vids and pics!!!!:reddevil::hurray:

stecz20
10-20-2008, 09:01 PM

RHC

i tried to pm him.. he is eitehr only reg members or not accepting pms...

if anyone has his e mail ill hit him up....

fund razor
10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I thought Tex said you would be cool if you bought one:sifone:

I pretty much live by what Tex says. Only... I assume that the opposite of everything that he says is true. :D

kitten8
10-21-2008, 12:52 AM

Guess we'll get to see you in Key West too!:kiss:

clayinaustin
10-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Guess we'll get to see you in Key West too!:kiss:

When is Key West? Yes, yes... I know that I should already know this... :p

Tom A.
10-21-2008, 07:36 AM
I have drank the Kool-Aid again, and it is good! Looks like we found a new home!

Audiofn
10-21-2008, 08:40 AM
be yourselves, and have fun.. we all seem to be seking what oso has lost, we will find it again.... its right in front of you....

Is that like the Yankees lost their ability to win? Maybe you need to start a new web site for them also :D:D

ChiefApache
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM

Well there has to be some sort of cult following in place! :blush5:

THEJOKER
10-21-2008, 08:47 AM
I think you'll see that this is going to be the place to be. Chris has assembled a great team to help manage this site. One thing we've all agreed on is to be diplomatic , give great customer service and innovative. This is just the beginning! Welcome All!

Chris
10-21-2008, 09:05 AM
We're all friends & family- we should treat each other that way.

Plus, this, from the rules...

Group Moderation - Founder and Charter members are all afforded the right and responsibility to point out inappropriate activity in any forum. If one of these members sees activity contrary to the site rules or the spirit of SO, they are expected to make a friendly suggestion to the poster to remove or modify the offending post or material. If we as a group keep our own house clean, the moderators can focus their efforts towards helping members and making this a better place for all.

Part of the deal- you want a nice place? You want the honor and bragging rights of being a Charter? You have to carry the water too.

JJ Apache
10-21-2008, 09:15 AM
I didn't know there was such a thing as a slow apache. I'm serious!

Airpacker
10-21-2008, 09:18 AM
We're all friends & family- we should treat each other that way.

Plus, this, from the rules...

Part of the deal- you want a nice place? You want the honor and bragging rights of being a Charter? You have to carry the water too.
Very well stated Chris.

Slick02
10-21-2008, 05:46 PM

Ditto.:drool5:

MacGyver
10-21-2008, 06:53 PM
this site is meant as a new place we can call our own. No mega com site owner. No corporate azzkissing. No friggin google crap. No bs. Just a boating site run by boaters for boaters.

amen!

yesrej
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Is that like the Yankees lost their ability to win? Maybe you need to start a new web site for them also :D:D

thats not funny :eek::smash:

stecz20
10-21-2008, 09:16 PM
thats not funny :eek::smash:

i wonder if the fans miss manny now.......:seeya::seeya::seeya: