PDA

View Full Version : Magazines

Pete B
10-20-2008, 09:44 AM
First post here.

Just curious as to which boating Magazine's everyone subscribes to, and looking for input as to what people here would like to see?? Thanks your help is appreicated.

glassdave
10-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I only subscribe the Extreme boats the others i get locally if they have content i like, EB i know always has good content.

stecz20
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
none.... i have all you clowns what do i need mags for.... when you can call dean gellner break his balls for 15 min then ask him the quetion, who needs a mag.....

Bobcat
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I do not subscribe, but I will grab whatever is available when flying somewhere. EB is hard to find,usually settle for PB & HOT BOAT

Spicy
10-20-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm still Old School I guess I like the mags, PowerBoat, Extreme and Poker Runs America are the three I get.... Carrying the lap top in the bathroom would be kinda weird...

ChiefApache
10-20-2008, 11:16 AM
If we didn't subscribe my husband would have nothing to read!!! It's all he reads......over and over and over again.:)

We subscribe to PB, HB, EB and Family Boating. Also get Lake Erie Living, Boat US (free with membership) and one other that I can't recall.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-20-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm still Old School I guess I like the mags, PowerBoat, Extreme and Poker Runs America are the three I get.... Carrying the lap top in the bathroom would be kinda weird...

You make laugh.

Hope to see You in Key West.

Sea-Dated
10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Extreme and Powerboat is all I get.

BY U BOY
10-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Hot boat and boating life. I gave up on power boat. In fact I just got the new Hot boat in the mail today:seeya:

BY U BOY
10-20-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm still Old School I guess I like the mags, Powerboat, Extreme and Poker Runs America are the three I get.... Carrying the lap top in the bathroom would be kinda weird...

The first time I did that the wife looked at me like I had a problem.I stood there and say my name is Patrick and I'm an addict:dupe:

Mrhorsepower1
10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
none.... i have all you clowns what do i need mags for.... when you can call dean gellner break his balls for 15 min then ask him the quetion, who needs a mag.....

I am gonna have to start charging like a attorney if it's that easy!!:rolleyes:

macjazzy
10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I subscribe to Powerboat and Boating, and for some reason have been getting Yachting and Motorboat for free for the past couple of years. I usually just browse through them but occasionaly they have something interesting.

DonziGirl
10-20-2008, 07:59 PM
The first time I did that the wife looked at me like I had a problem.I stood there and say my name is Patrick and I'm an addict:dupe:

A few years ago a friend of mine asked me if I felt like I knew Tony well enough without living with him. My response was - yes...when you see him trot down the hallway with YOUR laptop to the bathroom I think that constitutes as knowing them well enough.

He just laughed and agreed. And told him I had just single handedly talked him into buying a laptop.

To answer the thread - I don't subscribe to any boating mags as I usually end up with them getting sent to the house regardless.

Love Machine
10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Playboy, Penthouse, Big Booty Butts, etc...

Oh, and Boat/US and Chesapeake Bay

Spicy
10-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I subscribe to Powerboat and Boating, and for some reason have been getting Yachting and Motorboat for free for the past couple of years. I usually just browse through them but occasionaly they have something interesting.

It's Power and MotorYacht you get for free John, when you bought your Formula you got added to the list, it's a free Mag, paid for by the advertisers... Really a big boat Magazine but it humbles you really quick to be reading about 250 plus foot yachts.

PARADOX
10-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I got my garage full of old Mags.
From Trailer Boat Mag. to hot boat. from the 80's. Some of them I can't even open up anymore due to a flooding in my garage and the pages are stuck together. :ack2:

But I get maxim comnig.. There are boats in there once a year. :drool5:
And HB PR of A, and Powerboat.

Strip Poker 388
10-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Does Performanceboats have a web site?

GARBAGEMAN
10-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I think my mailman is into performance boating cuz I've subscribed to all but haven't got any :confused:

Pete B
10-21-2008, 06:55 AM

Yes they do, They have a split site one for offshore and one for lake boats , as the Magazine is based out of Las Vegas. The site is very user friendly,
with video clips, interviews, Blogs as well as forums. both Lake edition and Offshore are printed 6 times a years and on opposing months, they do a on-line magazine. The site will let you preview the on line magazine.

www.performanceboats.com

45Sonic
10-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Powerboat, EB, Power & Motoryacht (only cuz they won't cancel the susbscription), Yachting (same reason) Show Boats (again same reason), Chesapeake Bay, and does Boat US count??

HPBoats83
10-21-2008, 08:29 PM
I get performance, hb, eb, powerboat, and playboy.

Rexone
10-21-2008, 09:04 PM

Yes they do, They have a split site one for offshore and one for lake boats , as the Magazine is based out of Las Vegas. The site is very user friendly,
with video clips, interviews, Blogs as well as forums. both Lake edition and Offshore are printed 6 times a years and on opposing months, they do a on-line magazine. The site will let you preview the on line magazine.

www.performanceboats.com

I'm mod and admin there, if you have any questions just ask.. :)

I also do a little blog writing for the mag and website. (The stuff I do is not offshore related tho).

boatme
10-22-2008, 06:00 AM
I get more magazines than I can read but then again it is part of what we do :)

www.headlinesdirect.com