PDA

View Full Version : Heated Wiper Blades

BGIII
12-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Any northerners ever try heated wiper blades? I am so GD sick of frozen wiper blades and the half frozen windshield in my Yukon I'd like to kill the MF'er that designed this POS. I have got to find a solution. I've spent about $200 on blades in the last 3 years and they all have sucked. I'm ready to try these and wondered if they are any good?

http://www.everblades.com/

glassdave
12-19-2008, 11:48 AM
remote car starter solved all my issues with snow and ice on the truck, honestly i dont even own an ice scraper.

Sea-Dated
12-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Land Rover and some other vehicles have heated windsheilds that make a world of difference. 5 minutes even without the defrost on, and the windsheild is clear.

JB4Boyne
12-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I pull my flip down sun visors down and angle them at the windshield a little. That way it keeps the air from the defroster vents circulating on the windshield.

BGIII
12-19-2008, 12:36 PM
I pull my flip down sun visors down and angle them at the windshield a little. That way it keeps the air from the defroster vents circulating on the windshield.

I'll give that a shot.

Glassdave - I have a remote starter plus I park in the garage at night and even then, 10 miles down the road on a snowy day I cannot see a f'n thing. Never had a vehicle that was such a POS when it comes to defrosting the windshield. I have to crack the window it is so f'n hot in the truck trying to keep the windshield clear.

nwpc
12-19-2008, 07:19 PM
My new Denali has heated washer fluid, works great.
Rick

Ratickle
12-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Just remove the windshield. Problem solved.:)

Audiofn
12-20-2008, 11:37 PM
My new Denali has heated washer fluid, works great.
Rick

We used to take the Saabs and wrap small diameter copper tubing around the hot side of the radiator hose and essentially give us heated fluid. With the new fluids however I rarely see icing issues from the fluid.

scottc
12-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Is your defroster working? Remote start is a wonderful thing, never get in a cold car again. They also sell electric windshield defrosters that run off the cig lighter, but not real good I think.

Offshoredrillin
12-21-2008, 10:44 AM
The problem I have had on my dually and my jeep is the windshield get so hot the rubber comes off the blade and leaves marks on the glass. I am going to try the rainex curved ones. one I used for a long time with great results was the anco winter blade, the arms are covered with rubber so no snow or ice builds up on them.

cpmarine
12-21-2008, 11:18 AM
I was thinking of moving to Flordia, problem solved.

BDiggity
12-21-2008, 11:26 AM
I'll give that a shot.

Glassdave - I have a remote starter plus I park in the garage at night and even then, 10 miles down the road on a snowy day I cannot see a f'n thing. Never had a vehicle that was such a POS when it comes to defrosting the windshield. I have to crack the window it is so f'n hot in the truck trying to keep the windshield clear.

same here w/ our tahoe. also when heat is directed to feet, i bake on my side & the passenger size feezes.

ar15meister
12-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I have that problem in my dodge as well. I run the suto starter, melt what I can on the windshield but some days it is just so cold that the melted snow turns to ice on the wiper blade and then it wont wipe the windshield worth a ****.

I have never heard of heated wiper blades. Sounds like a good idea to me. I hate hanging out the window and trying to grab it and smack it against the windshield to get the ice off.

BGIII
12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
This is what I am going to try on the windshield and on the back window.

http://www.heatflexx.com/