PDA

View Full Version : Steve David steps down as H1 Chairman

Serious News
09-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Monday 9-19-16

To our racing friends

Thank you for your kind support over the decades of my racing career. Thru the wins and losses, crashes and recoveries, you stuck with me.

Two years ago I was asked to lead H1. I committed to restore their financial position, clean up the balance sheet, increase fan engagement, establish new race sites, and create a more collaborative environment amongst our stakeholders.

I did my best, yet there is more to do. So yesterday at San Diego where I retired from driving 4 years ago, I stepped down as Chairman.

I’ll work with H1 to find a new leader to hand off the baton and build upon the promises of the future. I truly believe the sport is on track for a return to significance in the motorsports world.

With sponsors as strong and committed as Homestreet Bank, Mikes Hard Lemonade, All access, Peters and May, Graham Trucking, and several others my confidence remains strong. New race sites such as Phoenix and Guntersville will expose our sport to new audiences and new relationships.

The H1 team is an awesome group of people. Volunteers with hearts the size of Texas.

The book of life has many chapters, and if we don’t turn the page, we’ll miss experiencing all that God has readied for us.

Today, Sabrina and I begin that next chapter. We both hope your lives will once again meet us on the new journey.

Take care!

Steve and Sabrina David

Ratickle
09-20-2016, 11:26 PM
Damn, gonna miss him. Best ever ambassador of the sport. Both as a driver and chairman......